The Other Guys. (newest additions)

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Flynn & Mitchell are Rosencrantz & Guildenstern or Corey & Trevor I forget which is which. Seem okay but I still wish we had Ryan White.

As to DSP, Bergevin made his move when Sekac's value was high, so we got a decent big guy for free -- can't complain even though he's been less than terrific so far IMO.

Petry I hope wants to stay in Montreal at a reasonable price.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I have liked what I've seen from Mitchell, wonder if he would take a home discount to stay on a one year deal. Flynn hasn't been noticeable and yet he's one of our top scorers, how sad. :shakehead

dkd

May 4, 2012
Canada
Flynn & Mitchell are Rosencrantz & Guildenstern or Corey & Trevor I forget which is which. Seem okay but I still wish we had Ryan White.
HAHA exactly what I told my buddy a few days ago.

dkd

May 4, 2012
Canada
I have liked what I've seen from Mitchell, wonder if he would take a home discount to stay on a one year deal. Flynn hasn't been noticeable and yet he's one of our top scorers, how sad. :shakehead

1 mil 1 year?

Sword

May 26, 2014
Mitchell seems to play his best hockey when Flynn is in the line-up though.

DSP's great rush led to Gilbert's goal last night, I do think Sekac would've been more effective in this series.

Our 4th line was our best line.

Prendan Brust

Jul 31, 2003
Québec
Mitchell is a gamer, I like him, he's not the most talented but he's relentless. DSP is alright, I don't think he can be much more than a third liner but he brings another dimension to this team.

Petry : wow! Hopefully we can keep this guy. Can't believe we only had to give a 2nd for this guy. It makes me wonder if we couldn't nab another gem from Edmonton since I feel the real value of their players is lessened by their lowsy record (a general team play).

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Mitchell has been an inspiration, as have all our deadline acquisitions, Bergevin's character 1st edict, along with the passion for wanting to be the best player they can be, has brought the Habs the team that is going to win our 25th Stanley Cup Banner!!!...:handclap::handclap::handclap: Listen closely even the birds are singing it out!!!:nod:

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
Liking what Mitchell has brought to the Habs - hoping they can re-sign him for his current 1.25M. Would also be nice to see our young prospects (McCarron and Sherbak) get more time in St. John's next season. Not sure how it would impact someone like Bournival who I believe would need to clear through waivers if we send him back down next year.

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
Mitchell is a gamer, I like him, he's not the most talented but he's relentless. DSP is alright, I don't think he can be much more than a third liner but he brings another dimension to this team.

Petry : wow! Hopefully we can keep this guy. Can't believe we only had to give a 2nd for this guy. It makes me wonder if we couldn't nab another gem from Edmonton since I feel the real value of their players is lessened by their lowsy record (a general team play).

Right now we're giving the Oilers a 2nd and a 4th for him. If we get to the ECF, we'll be giving a 2nd and a 3rd for him.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Mitchell has been great, and Flynn would be a good 13th forward next year.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Liking what Mitchell has brought to the Habs - hoping they can re-sign him for his current 1.25M. Would also be nice to see our young prospects (McCarron and Sherbak) get more time in St. John's next season. Not sure how it would impact someone like Bournival who I believe would need to clear through waivers if we send him back down next year.

Mitchell makes 2.5M in salary, 1.9M in cap hit. I would bring him back if he will take a hometown discount and management can find a way to move PAP. Bournival does need to clear waivers next year.

Bournival, Thomas, Tinordi, Ellis, Dumont, (if re-signed), would all need to clear waivers next year.

Mitchell has been great, and Flynn would be a good 13th forward next year.

agreed

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
2.5M for the fourth line seems a little too rich. Bournival might be the better option after-all.

Not much worry about Ellis & Dumont - I can't see anyone grabbing them on waivers. Thomas wouldn't be that much of a lost but do hope we can keep him for the farm.

Bournival, Tinordi worry me on the other-hand - would be horrible to lose either one due to waivers.

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
2.5M for the fourth line seems a little too rich. Bournival might be the better option after-all.

Not much worry about Ellis & Dumont - I can't see anyone grabbing them on waivers. Thomas wouldn't be that much of a lost but do hope we can keep him for the farm.

Bournival, Tinordi worry me on the other-hand - would be horrible to lose either one due to waivers.

Dumont?

Tampa Bay, Colorado and Philly.
They love QCers.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

I don't see him getting 2.5M next year, if he was willing to take a home town discount of say 1.5M or less he might be a good depth player to bring back.

As for Tinordi, no way do lose him on waivers. Bournival I wouldn't lose any sleep if he got picked, assuming they couldn't find a trade partner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad