The "Other" Goalie Thread "No More Space Travel" Edition

Damaged Goods

Feb 26, 2009
Philadelphia
Would it be feasible to sign Luongo for 4 years $15 M if he's bought out? Perhaps it's possible to get him a good margin under 'market rate.' He's already double-dipping and the Flyers might be the most attractive destination (although Florida could have greater appeal for him).

RJ8812*

Eklund's just being an excited fan and passing it off as rumor.

for some reason I picture him...

Eklund: "I hope the Flyers get Luongo. That would be a smart move"

2 minutes later on his website: Luongo to Philly e3

starbuck97

Mar 21, 2005
I think Mason is the starter right now, unless they trade for Hiller who is my first choice.

Here is my list of possibilities I would start with:

Hiller: Gonna cost a lot in a trade; will need to be signed this year
Khudobin: Unrestricted FA with potential, my 2nd choice
Greiss: Unrestricted FA with a little potential
Luongo: Only on a cheap short contract after his buyout
Nabokov: Only on a cheap short contract
Thomas: Only on a cheap short contract
Halak: Only for a cheap trade; will need to be signed this year
Pavelec: Just throwing him in here if Winnipeg finds another starter
Neuvirth: Would Washington trade within the division now?

Theres also some young AHL goalies that I would inquire about to see how much it would cost in a trade, to get some depth after Mason:

Kuemper (minn)
Svedberg (bos)
Hackett (buff)
Cal Pickard (colo)
Campbell (dall)
Mrazek (det)

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
I'd go for Anton Khudobin. The market is thin, but I do think he has shown enough to get a place to try and win the starting position. He is also pretty good from the one game I saw him play.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I'd go for Anton Khudobin. The market is thin, but I do think he has shown enough to get a place to try and win the starting position. He is also pretty good from the one game I saw him play.

If we are going to go with a mid-twenties goalie with a little experience and some potential, I would take Greiss over Khudobin. Greiss is a year younger and has double the games under his belt. Greiss's stats aren't as nice as Khudobin's (.912/2.52 vs. .933/2.02), but I am completely confident in saying that Khudobin's numbers would come down a lot if given more playing time.

Flyer Mike

Oct 9, 2012
If anything I want no part of Miller. Another goalie who talks too much to the media? No thank you. I've seen enough of that.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
If we are going to go with a mid-twenties goalie with a little experience and some potential, I would take Greiss over Khudobin. Greiss is a year younger and has double the games under his belt. Greiss's stats aren't as nice as Khudobin's (.912/2.52 vs. .933/2.02), but I am completely confident in saying that Khudobin's numbers would come down a lot if given more playing time.

I like Greiss so I'm fine with that. Hasn't been given an opportunity to start and the guy has done well when he has played. In the end though don't know how I feel with a Mason/Greiss combo. Well I guess it's more so two unproven guys who could be good but don't know yet.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Undecided.

Hope that one of the younger under-the-radar guys like Khudobin or Greiss may flourish in Philly after a change of scenery

vs.

picking the safe route with a solid but unspectacular Veteran like Emery, Nabby,... the question is how worn out are these guys?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad