GDT: the other gdt

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Oh snap... If we somehow get Hanifin we totally need a bad*** WWE style name for the Faulk-Hanifin top-pairing. It needs to portray both American dominance and Canadian inferiority.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
B's fan here. Out of curiosity, do you guys want to win? We've not faced many teams sub top-7 pick that weren't rooting for loses. But I get the feeling that you'd prefer in a win?

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
B's fan here. Out of curiosity, do you guys want to win? We've not faced many teams sub top-7 pick that weren't rooting for loses. But I get the feeling that you'd prefer in a win?

We're pulling for wins at this point. Barring an 8 game winning//losing streak we won't catch Columbus or Toronto, so we might as well pull for the team to do well.

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY

We're kind of locked-in at #5. It's all but impossible for us to move either up or down at this point...we're not catching Toronto for #4 pre-lottery and nobody is catching us to drop us to #6 pre-lottery.

So, yes we'd would prefer to win, purely for enjoyment's sake...we're in a position where we have nothing to lose by winning.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC

I think at this point it's unrealistic that we'd catch either Columbus/New Jersey in the one direction or Toronto/Edmonton in the other, so we kindof enjoy seeing the team do well. If we were in the middle of Tankfest 2015 like the later two I'd probably be wanting a loss here. But fact of the matter is the Canes have more wins in calendar year 2015 then the Leafs have points, there's just no keeping up with that kind of tank.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Bruins fan and mod just saying hi

Just curious, why would the Canes schedule a game at home head to head with the NCAA Elite 8? ( which turns out to be Duke playing )

It would seem a 7 or 7:30 PM start would do better at the gate.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Bruins fan and mod just saying hi

Just curious, why would the Canes schedule a game at home head to head with the NCAA Elite 8? ( which turns out to be Duke playing )

It would seem a 7 or 7:30 PM start would do better at the gate.

No clue, for whatever reason PK seems to love these afternoon games. Seems to think we do better at the gate when we have them, which during NFL season or the NCAA tourney is just outright stupidity.

You in town for this one?

There better be some crazy bread left at least. Don't make me go to Chipotle after work.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
No clue, for whatever reason PK seems to love these afternoon games. Seems to think we do better at the gate when we have them, which during NFL season or the NCAA tourney is just outright stupidity.

You in town for this one?

There better be some crazy bread left at least. Don't make me go to Chipotle after work.

Apparently he is and thinks we're "pathetic." We love you too, Fenway, even if you try to fearmonger based on unsubstantiated "facts" you've made up in BoH. Kissy kissy!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad