OT: The OT Thread | The Thread of Destiny

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
No, I am very much of the British Isles with some Norwegian and French sprinkled in.

Most of my dads friends from there were Portuguese.
Cool cool. There were a very small Portuguese population here, even smaller now. I grew up only knowing three of the families. Actually, thinking back probably 5-10 haha

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Cool cool. There were a very small Portuguese population here, even smaller now. I grew up only knowing three of the families. Actually, thinking back probably 5-10 haha

You’re from Castlegar I guess? Yeah, all my dads friends moved out to Vancouver when he did. My dads old house is next to the hardware store. Here is me next to it right during the bubble.

Attachments

• 1170.jpeg
    1170.jpeg
    256.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Love
Reactions: Kryten

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
You’re from Castlegar I guess? Yeah, all my dads friends moved out to Vancouver when he did. My dads old house is next to the hardware store. Here is me next to it right during the bubble.
Yes late 80s born in Cgar, moved all the way to Trail at 18 and been here since. Work all over the Koots

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Kinnaird was my middle school for grade 7-8 and it shut down a year after I was there. Woodland park elementary, Humphries was and still is the only high School in town

Huh, my parents or I could be misremembering…probably me but I had to sit thru those stories only a thousand times.

Funny story though, my grandparents went down to Spokane to gamble and my grandpa got so drunk he had to call the border guard to open the border for him. He forgot my grandma in Spokane. Different times.

• Haha
Reactions: Kryten

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
I don’t know nothing about Alberta, my grandma was from Shaunovan SK by way of Lachine PQ. Rolling Hills I believe was a bit of a misnomer but could be wrong.

My parents grew up in Castlegar, my moms claim to fame was she had to fill in for a babysitter one time - unsure when, but the kid was Travis Green.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Ippei, Ohtani's translator, stole $16M from his longtime employer and friend to fund his gambling addictions... now let's head over to our Bet365 analyst desk, who will give us the DraftKings over/under on how much Ippei lost betting on the Dodgers! But before that, a word from Connor McDavid about responsible gambling, sponsored by BetMGM!

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
Help me out guys! I can't seem to think of a word no matter how hard I try and it's killing me. What's the word for when you forecast a bigger number based on a smaller number, like when you proportion a number out over a greater period of time or something. Hopefully that makes sense...

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Help me out guys! I can't seem to think of a word no matter how hard I try and it's killing me. What's the word for when you forecast a bigger number based on a smaller number, like when you proportion a number out over a greater period of time or something. Hopefully that makes sense...
extrapolate

Reactions: Peen and Jay26

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
He was a walking meme before the word had ubiquity. Some great moments are the hand pass call and him dramatically waving off a call and landing on his ass. Was he also the one who Joseph tried to maul?

Ah Mr. Magoo. I remember a call where he was emphatically waving off a goal and the colour guy (Neale??) remarks, "Easy Mick, you're about to take off!" :laugh:

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
I can't help but think it's going to be drastically worse for future pro athletes that grew up with sports betting being shoved down their throats from a young age. Sadly it's already become normalized.
Not only that, but there's the absolutely awful hypocrisy of the owners themselves giving gambling companies as much room as they'd like to advertise in just about every facet of sports. So players face lifetime bans if they gamble at all, but owners make plenty of cash from all the gambling. Even when a player attempts to influence lines, their sponsors don't give up their cut or return bets from spoiled lines.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad