OT: The OT Non-Ski Resort Thread - Nothing Better To Do Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
You're all going to jail.

JK, they usually don't do anything unless they've caught you doing it like 5+ times. I know a guy who has gotten a few of those warnings and nothing else has been done against him (no fines/lawsuits/etc).

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
I once downloaded a car.

I once logged on the internet in my swim shorts.

8198carl_carlson.gif

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
You're all going to jail.

JK, they usually don't do anything unless they've caught you doing it like 5+ times. I know a guy who has gotten a few of those warnings and nothing else has been done against him (no fines/lawsuits/etc).

Meh. Don't care. I'm out. I'll be that one guy that gets busted first time

Taelin

Resident Hipster
Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
I finally got myself a guitar and have started learning Falling Slowly (from "Once"). First song, and I already have to change the tuning of my low E string to an F. :laugh: Sure don't make things easier on myself.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
What do you have guitar wise Rev?

My pride and joy. Excuse the mess. It's laundry day today.

Epiphone is pretty damn good at quality control as most guitar company's should be. I like the size of this one especially. It's fairly lightweight, parlour-sized, and makes for easier transport compared to my dad's Limited Edition '93 Washburn that is far larger and much more of a hassle to transport. All my musician friends seem to prefer it as well, they always want to play it when I have them over. :laugh:

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
What strings, Stig? My dad's Washburn (acoustic) has the same problem with strings. He modified his nut by putting a folded-up piece of paper on his low E string. But it seems like a common problem with Washburn's. If you take it in to Long & McQuade I'm sure they could troubleshoot and solve it within minutes.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I have come around to the Mother of all Stickies thing, but I think the Introduce Yourself thread should still be stickied.. New posters likely aren't going to know to look for it, and since it isn't all that active it has a tendency to slip into the second or third page.

Just my opinion

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
What strings, Stig? My dad's Washburn (acoustic) has the same problem with strings. He modified his nut by putting a folded-up piece of paper on his low E string. But it seems like a common problem with Washburn's. If you take it in to Long & McQuade I'm sure they could troubleshoot and solve it within minutes.

Usually the low E. Have to hit the fret right on the money spot before or even on the fret.

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
I have come around to the Mother of all Stickies thing, but I think the Introduce Yourself thread should still be stickied.. New posters likely aren't going to know to look for it, and since it isn't all that active it has a tendency to slip into the second or third page.

Just my opinion

:dunno: I don't see what the harm would be. Msg Mr.C and ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad