Haula Smith Nosek​

Bahl Nemec Mercer​

J. Hughes Hattaka Bratt​

Meier Lazar​

L. Hughes Tierney​

Palat Marino​

Holtz​

Daws​

I love this lineup. Your giving new challenges and opportunities. Talk about being a complete player in all three ends of the ice. Promoting Holtzy to starting goaltender should give this kid the shot in the pants he needs! This is the shake up this team sorely needed. I think we can all get behind this Geen New Deal. LFGD baby!

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Mods, any reason why I can’t post pictures? The option has been all grayed out for a couple days. I don’t believe I got any infractions that would cause this?
Looks like you're in the clear. How are you trying to post? I just tried and used the insert image to upload a pic and it worked.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Looks like you're in the clear. How are you trying to post? I just tried and used the insert image to upload a pic and it worked.
I can add an image by clicking the “Attach files” button but the way I used to do it is all grayed out. I used to be able to click that box and paste a url of an image.

Attachments

• IMG_1732.jpeg
    IMG_1732.jpeg
    229.7 KB · Views: 2

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
I can add an image by clicking the “Attach files” button but the way I used to do it is all grayed out. I used to be able to click that box and paste a url of an image.
Oh crap, ok yeah I see what you're saying but I have no idea why. Mine seems to be working on both phone and computer.

They did site site maintenance today, I haven't seen any reports about it yet though, I'll ask later if it doesn't get fixed.

Reactions: SteveCangialosi123

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey

I've had the same problem on my phone for about a month or so. No way to fix it for me. If I want to post cool content or memes (without using attach files) I have to use my PC.

Last edited:

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
My phone. Didn’t mean to derail the GDT though, I know we’re all so excited to watch our favorite team tonight!
If it's an iPhone I have the same issue. None of the links or add ons work on the phone. All are grayed out but work fine on the laptop or desktop. I'm not sure about the iPad but I can check later.

Reactions: SteveCangialosi123

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I forgot to mention. No Cangi pics by you for Opposite Day. That is why

Marino out tonight.

Oh boy this defense we are going to roll out

Huges-Nemec
Bahl-Smith
Hatakka-DeSimone
IMG_5455.jpeg

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
One quiet change this season has been moving Luke to his natural, left side. In college and earlier this year here, we had him playing right D, correct? I always thought that less than ideal, certainly less than traditional.

Now that is a huge adjustment for him; and may explain some of his major growing pains and lack of comfort since mid year.

Good point. I've wondered if players like Luke may actually be better on his off-side.

Sure, holding a puck in along the boards is easier for a LHD on the left side, but I also feel like there are better shooting lanes/angles for Luke on the right side that might be a better tradeoff for playing the puck on your backhand along the boards.

At the very least, I feel like Luke should've been on the right side when he was paired with Smith.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
If it's an iPhone I have the same issue. None of the links or add ons work on the phone. All are grayed out but work fine on the laptop or desktop. I'm not sure about the iPad but I can check later.
I'm just greyed out cause I'm old. Oh wait... you weren't talking about my hair, were you?

Reactions: My3Sons

Camille the Eel

Good point. I've wondered if players like Luke may actually be better on his off-side.

Sure, holding a puck in along the boards is easier for a LHD on the left side, but I also feel like there are better shooting lanes/angles for Luke on the right side that might be a better tradeoff for playing the puck on your backhand along the boards.

At the very least, I feel like Luke should've been on the right side when he was paired with Smith.
On the rush, the player’s option to drive wide and then cutback to the center is much more dangerous on the off hand. But harder to do. When going down the boards on your backhand you don’t have the extended reach to protect the puck. But if you nonetheless force the D to react and commit, when you then cut back on them, you have a devastating view of the open center ice and angles for your shot or whatever play you want to make. (Mackinnon uses that cutback move so effectively).

But either way, switching your habitual side of play as a rookie D in the NHL is bound to be a hard adjustment.

Reactions: HBK27

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012

1:30 gets asks about players shooting or lack of shooting, his answer is pretty telling to his coaching style. We've had this style long enough and it's done wonders, but as we've seen for most of this season, at some point someone needs to come in and at least trim some of the fat. Lipstick coach on a pig year at this point.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I don’t mind Green trying new combos on forward

Like why not at this point. Mercer needs to wake up so throw him with our two best forwards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad