The only reason so many people dislike Desharnais... (mod warning post #572)

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Murray was easily the worst defenceman in the NHL last year. There's simply no defending his play, and that's why his NHL career is finally over. Bouillon was barely any better, and his career would already be over if not for Therrien's long relationship with him. I'm sure that Therrien is heavily lobbying Bergevin to sign Bouillon, and I hope Bergevin is strong enough not to do it. Bergevin has to know that if he signs Bouillon, he's condemning Beaulieu & the other defensive prospects to less ice-time, because you can be damn sure that Therrien will find reasons to have Bouillon in the lineup for 50+ games.

The common thread running through the use & misuse of various players on our roster last year, including Desharnais, and likely to continue this year, is Therrien. He did a poor job last year and he needs to significantly improve this year if we're going to start to take the steps to serious Cup contention.

C'mon Man,
Crank was by far one of our Most Entertaining players last year. What about the time he took out two Bruins with one hit. That was priceless... what about Crank's strong pinch? Couldn't get a credit card between him and the boards. What about his zone clearing abilities? Sticks pucks refs opponents all were swept up in his path. And finally his penalty killing a classic Crank leaning on his stick and the puck and before anyone could dislodge it 1:30 had elapsed. Now if you could forgive the fact that each of these great memories only happened once due to Crank's inability to locate the play.
You'd like him too... :laugh:

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
Murray was easily the worst defenceman in the NHL last year. There's simply no defending his play, and that's why his NHL career is finally over. Bouillon was barely any better, and his career would already be over if not for Therrien's long relationship with him. I'm sure that Therrien is heavily lobbying Bergevin to sign Bouillon, and I hope Bergevin is strong enough not to do it. Bergevin has to know that if he signs Bouillon, he's condemning Beaulieu & the other defensive prospects to less ice-time, because you can be damn sure that Therrien will find reasons to have Bouillon in the lineup for 50+ games.

The common thread running through the use & misuse of various players on our roster last year, including Desharnais, and likely to continue this year, is Therrien. He did a poor job last year and he needs to significantly improve this year if we're going to start to take the steps to serious Cup contention.

Like I said, they were serviceable in the very minimal role they had. Murray provided a physical presence needed at times and Bouillon helped fill in when needed. Both played very limited roles and very limited minutes in the games they did play. You'd think you'd be able to understand that. But no, let's fixate on that, always and only on that, even though they were basically a non-factor. You seem like a sensible poster, I'd suggest you try thinking for yourself instead of repeating what you read on here. Because to be blunt and with all due respect, you sound like a broken record.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Like I said, they were serviceable in the very minimal role they had. Murray provided a physical presence needed at times and Bouillon helped fill in when needed. Both played very limited roles and very limited minutes in the games they did play. You'd think you'd be able to understand that. But no, let's fixate on that, always and only on that, even though they were basically a non-factor. You seem like a sensible poster, I'd suggest you try thinking for yourself instead of repeating what you read on here. Because to be blunt and with all due respect, you sound like a broken record.

You Sir need to admit you just don't like the song.

habitue*

You Sir need to admit you just don't like the song.

Last year, habs needed size (Murray and Parros) + experience on the blue line. Beaulieu and Tinordi were not ready at all (are they now ?) and Weaver was not in the plans. Emelin was coming back from a serious injury and playing again on his off side...

At some point you have to fill the holes. Murray was acquired just the year before for two 2nd rounders by Pittsburg. Not too shabby.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Last year, habs needed size (Murray and Parros) + experience on the blue line. Beaulieu and Tinordi were not ready at all (are they now ?) and Weaver was not in the plans. Emelin was coming back from a serious injury and playing again on his off side...

At some point you have to fill the holes. Murray was acquired just the year before for two 2nd rounders by Pittsburg. Not too shabby.

Very True...
I was actually referencing the broken record only...:laugh:

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007

The entire thread can be pretty much summed up in this post. Therrien is the real problem.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006

we have no goon still, and given the performances by the kids, Murray physicality will not be replaced...

so, they should be back :nod:

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I mostly just see unrealistic whining and conspiracy talk from fanboys mad their favourite player gets bad treatment due to DD favouritism.

You're probably just looking for these posts because I've followed the threads all summer and I didn't particularly see this over the top bad treatment people have given to DD.
Wishing to improve our #1 center spot by moving DD to the wing, or wishing for a more balanced use of our 3 lines (which is likely more to happen) isn't whining or being mean towards DD.

Some people have been insanely sensitive with regards to DD. They are sick of hearing about him (I know, it's crazy to thinks fans of a team would obsess with improving over our #1 52pt center) so they go full defensive.

We need an upgrade on our #1 center, that is a cold hard fact. Doesn't matter if it's name is Koivu, Ribeiro, Plekanec or DD, we need an upgrade. People need to deal with this.

habitue*

we have no goon still, and given the performances by the kids, Murray physicality will not be replaced...

so, they should be back :nod:

Is Murray still in NA or back in Sweden with his cherie... ?

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
You're probably just looking for these posts because I've followed the threads all summer and I didn't particularly see this over the top bad treatment people have given to DD.
Wishing to improve our #1 center spot by moving DD to the wing, or wishing for a more balanced use of our 3 lines (which is likely more to happen) isn't whining or being mean towards DD.

Some people have been insanely sensitive with regards to DD. They are sick of hearing about him (I know, it's crazy to thinks fans of a team would obsess with improving over our #1 52pt center) so they go full defensive.

We need an upgrade on our #1 center, that is a cold hard fact. Doesn't matter if it's name is Koivu, Ribeiro, Plekanec or DD, we need an upgrade. People need to deal with this.

A couple of points need to be made. The Thread as such is very presumptuous. It starts out "the only"
Now just pretend for arguments sake I don't particularly like the position a player is in. Is it "only" because of a particular reason or can i have more? Maybe i don't like the way he ties his skates?

But for me it gets worse when it implies i hate the player in question. Let's continue on in the same vein. I don't like a position a certain player occupies I've been lured to a thread Stating there is "only" one reason I could hate the individual. This seems like Trolling in its highest form?

It's been very peaceful considering...

Ginu

Feb 25, 2009
www.twitter.com
Pktrollban is right.

You guys are putting way too much emphasize on playoffs performance. Good that they produced but it's a small sample size. Also bottom 6 players tend to have great playoff stats because the top line is drawing the attention of the opponent' top D pair. Fernando Pisani anyone?

Bottom line is that he produced more pts than any other center. Put Chucky instead of DD and you make your team worse. Is he a #1 center? Not really, but he is the best offensive C this team has.

That is the most ridiculous post I've seen here. You don't win a Cup from the regular season you win it from the playoffs dude. You want us to emphasize the regular season more than the playoffs? You do know the aim of all these players right? It's to win the Cup, not score points in a regular season game. :help:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
That is the most ridiculous post I've seen here. You don't win a Cup from the regular season you win it from the playoffs dude. You want us to emphasize the regular season more than the playoffs? You do know the aim of all these players right? It's to win the Cup, not score points in a regular season game. :help:

Ya kinda might liketa know who can dance?

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
Swap in Lecavalier for Desharnais and hide him on the third line for half the season to keep him fresh and healthy for the playoffs and we have a shot next year. Can't see Desharnais against the West in the finals. No way.

And we don't win if Tinordi doesn't turn into a top notch shut down guy by spring 2016 and Beaulieu is a legit #2.

Tinordi-PK
Emelin-Beaulieu
Markov-Gilbert

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Swap in Lecavalier for Desharnais and hide him on the third line for half the season to keep him fresh and healthy for the playoffs and we have a shot next year. Can't see Desharnais against the West in the finals. No way.

And we don't win if Tinordi doesn't turn into a top notch shut down guy by spring 2016 and Beaulieu is a legit #2.

Are you okay with him in the east?

Mr Jackpot

Mar 16, 2013
Montreal

are you saying we have a shot at the cup by swapping Lecavalier for Desharnais?

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
Are you okay with him in the east?

Not worried about the East next year. We will be the best team in the East. Boston has cap issues and is getting old in key positions. Tampa has scoring issues. Penguins seem rudderless. Detroit is old. I expect a trip to the finals next season as a legit contender if we add size and scoring and the kids grow up (maybe this one too).

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
A couple of points need to be made. The Thread as such is very presumptuous. It starts out "the only"
Now just pretend for arguments sake I don't particularly like the position a player is in. Is it "only" because of a particular reason or can i have more? Maybe i don't like the way he ties his skates?

But for me it gets worse when it implies i hate the player in question. Let's continue on in the same vein. I don't like a position a certain player occupies I've been lured to a thread Stating there is "only" one reason I could hate the individual. This seems like Trolling in its highest form?

It's been very peaceful considering...

I'm assuming you are mocking the OP seeing how he created the thread in support of DD. If that's the case I agree with you.

Capitaine Subban*

Price is the ultimate root cause of the problem, because he keeps making Therrien look better than he is.

It's a team sport because I could say that carey price made Therrien lose the jack adam with his average season in 2012-13 (2.59 gaa 42nd nhl, .905 save% 50th nhl) and singlehandly lose in 5 against the sens in the playoff.

Get use to it guys, Therrien get the most of this average team not the other way around.

Back to the thread : ofc DD sux he is only in the team because ...

ninjagaiden

Oct 1, 2014
Not worried about the East next year. We will be the best team in the East. Boston has cap issues and is getting old in key positions. Tampa has scoring issues. Penguins seem rudderless. Detroit is old. I expect a trip to the finals next season as a legit contender if we add size and scoring and the kids grow up (maybe this one too).

we have cap issues too. that's why we need to build from within and DD is our best option for 1c right now.

you may be right for next season at center

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

can we move some of our scoring prowess to Tampa for some of their scoring issues?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad