The only reason so many people dislike Desharnais... (mod warning post #572)

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I'm assuming you are mocking the OP seeing how he created the thread in support of DD. If that's the case I agree with you.

Kriss me...
Mock?
I can't be mocking when I'm dead serious.
There are a myriad of reasons not to like a certain player in a certain position.
The least of which said player gets tossed around like a rag doll most evenings...

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Kriss me...
Mock?
I can't be mocking when I'm dead serious.
There are a myriad of reasons not to like a certain player in a certain position.
The least of which said player gets tossed around like a rag doll most evenings...

The OP started this thread because he's a supporter of DD and said the only reason people dislike him is due to his size. Obviously that is complete BS.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
It's a team sport because I could say that carey price made Therrien lose the jack adam with his average season in 2012-13 (2.59 gaa 42nd nhl, .905 save% 50th nhl) and singlehandly lose in 5 against the sens in the playoff.

Get use to it guys, Therrien get the most of this average team not the other way around.

Back to the thread : ofc DD sux he is only in the team because ...

So blame Price for not earning his boss an individual trophy?? Ya..that makes sense..

We are not an average team. Time for you to realize this.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
The OP started this thread because he's a supporter of DD and said the only reason people dislike him is due to his size. Obviously that is complete BS.

Agree, because we do not know the size of the OP.

25get

Nov 15, 2012
Montreal
Not worried about the East next year. We will be the best team in the East. Boston has cap issues and is getting old in key positions. Tampa has scoring issues. Penguins seem rudderless. Detroit is old. I expect a trip to the finals next season as a legit contender if we add size and scoring and the kids grow up (maybe this one too).
Boston no longer has cap issues.

Players with 40+ points potential:
Stamkos, Drouin, Palat, Fillpula, Johnson, Purcell, Killorn, Hedman, Kucherov, Callahan.

Habs had 5 last season. Add Galchenyuk, Eller and Sekac and you have potentially 8.
And still no player like Stamkos.

Tampa Bay is bound to do better than last season. Most likely top-5 offense in the league.

Pens added Erhoff, Maatta is older (Despres too) and if Letang goes back to 2012-13 form, they will have much better defense.

Detroit won't have Datsiuk/Zetterberg injured like last year.

Last edited:

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Boston no longer has cap issues.

Players with 40+ points potential:
Stamkos, Drouin, Palat, Fillpula, Johnson, Purcell, Killorn, Hedman, Kucherov, Callahan.

Habs had 5 last season. Add Galchenyuk, Eller and Sekac and you have potentially 8.
And still no player like Stamkos.

Tampa Bay is bound to do better than last season. Most likely top-5 offense in the league.

Pens added Erhoff, Maatta is older (Despres too) and if Letang goes back to 2012-13 form, they will have much better defense.

Detroit won't have Datsiuk/Zetterberg injured like last year.

Nope, but for that to happen they had to let Iginla go (not re-sign him) and trade one of their top 4 D for picks...

ThePriceIsRight44

Feb 6, 2014
It was painful to see DD and Patches coming in 2 on 1 last night.. The odds DD takes a shot were less than 1% and both the defender and the goalie knew. DD could be 6'6, as long as he's so damn predictable and desperate to get the puck to patches this team will not be hoisting the cup.

The habs will go from good to excellent when Chucky centers Patches and DD gets traded/retires. Worst #1 C in the league and I'll say it until he's gone.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I'm starting to dislike Desharnais, based solely on the amount of threads that are dedicated to him in this forum. :laugh:

I hope DD picks it up on Wednesday. It will only get worse.
His supporters look strictly at points and his detractors see an opportunistic leech.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Ahhhh DD. What did I say about DD on February 8th, 2014, after he had a great performance? Let's see.....

DD SUCKS!

WE WANT THOMAS!!!!

SMURF SMURF SMURF SMURF SMURF SMURF SMURF SMURF SMURF SMURF SMURF SMURF!!!

IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!

It's your fault I'm fat, it's your fault Maxime didn't get on the podium, it's your fault the province is broke, it's your fault they have 2 toilet bowls per stall in Sochi, it's your fault JESUS WAS PUT ON THE CROSS!!!

Everywhere DD. DD, DD, DD... Trade threads, DD! Bergevin threads, DD! Bourque threads, DD! Olympic threads, DD! Threads about Poutine, threads about CHRISTMAS... threads about advanced stats, threads about COACHING... DD, DD, DD, DD!! Of all the things you can be mad about, a guy that's been almost PPG in the last 30-some games.... is the ONE THE PEOPLE GO THE MOST ******* OVER!!!

... and that's pretty much it when it comes to DD, the guy could cure cancer and AIDS and still owe some folks a 100 points season to be of some value.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Ahhhh DD. What did I say about DD on February 8th, 2014, after he had a great performance? Let's see.....

... and that's pretty much when it comes to DD, the guy could cure cancer and AIDS and still owe some folks a 100 points season to be respected.

Pretty sure the Sotchi thing was him...:laugh:

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
I hope DD picks it up on Wednesday. It will only get worse.
His supporters look strictly at points and his detractors see an opportunistic leech.

The way I look at it, DD playing well is good for the team. He's not going to be traded any time soon, so we might as well stop crying over spilled milk and get over it.

That's not to say I wouldn't rather a better player in that position, but such is life, you can't always get what you want, and it's not like DD hasn't been able to produce for the team.

Eventually Galchenyuk will take that spot, but considering he's 20 years old, patience will be key in his development.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
The way I look at it, DD playing well is good for the team. He's not going to be traded any time soon, so we might as well stop crying over spilled milk and get over it.

That's not to say I wouldn't rather a better player in that position, but such is life, you can't always get what you want, and it's not like DD hasn't been able to produce for the team.

Eventually Galchenyuk will take that spot, but considering he's 20 years old, patience will be key in his development.

That is very fair.
I'm not quite as fair.
I'm stuck at are we ready to go for this thing or what?
If we are going for it DD needs some huge help on RW or a completely different role.
If we aren't i'm all for developing the pieces we do see as ultimate champions and once again DD needs a different role.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

Three players : Galchenyuk - Subban - Price
Those 3 seems on a mission this year by the way they looked in pre-season.

One thing that's already clear to almost everybody, in terms of offensive skills:
Galchenyuk > Desharnais.....and Plekanec and Eller. He got so many tools and so many skills, he's the one being dangerous everytime he get the puck.

It's just a matter of time.....and the kid seems to be begging for that spot since the PO last year.

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
It's just a matter of time.....and the kid seems to be begging for that spot since the PO last year.

I REALLY like what I saw when Galchenyuk was put down the middle. He seems to flourish there.

Although having a weapon like Galchenyuk available to move up in the ranks (if say, DD falters), is a great asset.

If I was the coach I'd have Galchenyuk in that spot, however I'm not Michel Therrien, and I understand why he's taking the patient/slow approach.

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
It was painful to see DD and Patches coming in 2 on 1 last night.. The odds DD takes a shot were less than 1% and both the defender and the goalie knew. DD could be 6'6, as long as he's so damn predictable and desperate to get the puck to patches this team will not be hoisting the cup.

The habs will go from good to excellent when Chucky centers Patches and DD gets traded/retires. Worst #1 C in the league and I'll say it until he's gone.

It's cringeworthy watching him on a 2 on 1. He desperately tries to pass it over to Patches or he waits too long and the defender breaks it up. He rarely shoots it.

ThePriceIsRight44

Feb 6, 2014
I REALLY like what I saw when Galchenyuk was put down the middle. He seems to flourish there.

Although having a weapon like Galchenyuk available to move up in the ranks (if say, DD falters), is a great asset.

If I was the coach I'd have Galchenyuk in that spot, however I'm not Michel Therrien, and I understand why he's taking the patient/slow approach.

He's a 50 point #1 C with a top scoring winger in patches. What needs to happen for it become politically correct to say he's a bad #1C?

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
He's a 50 point #1 C with a top scoring winger in patches. What needs to happen for it become politically correct to say he's a bad #1C?

He's not a great #1 C by any means. 50 points is right about the lower echelon of #1 Cs, but it's close to being top 30.

Either way, I don't think he's a #1C at all. He's our first line centre, but that's a whole other subject.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
He'll probably be the #2 center this year.

Plekanec almost always sees the most ice-time... so Galchenyuk should get 1st line minutes if he keeps it up - just not at C.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
He'll probably be the #2 center this year.

Plekanec almost always sees the most ice-time... so Galchenyuk should get 1st line minutes if he keeps it up - just not at C.

Yeah,
I'm wondering if Plecky's line is the best spot for him?
We've seen some good flashes from that line but nothing consistent.
Plecky is constantly slowing the game down when AG wants to go.
Then Gallagher seems to be lacking on the puck handling skill side.
Sekac on the RW might help?

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
If the malholtra and eller lines provide the necessary relief in the d-zone, I think pleks/gally could both have career years, the explosiveness in gally's first few steps is miles ahead of last years, the offense is going to break out this year, I have no doubt.

Only problem is mm hasn't looked like much of an upgrade at this point imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad