The One Where McDavid Returned & We Played Columbus!

adkid2

Jul 29, 2011
Is there highlights from the Columbus feed (Fox Sports i think) out there anyone?

Before i can just go to other team's website and the highlights are played from their feed. Now with the new NHL tv, i can only find the one highlight package with music and a lame commentator.:rant::shakehead

So disappointed with the new everything from NHL...

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Is there highlights from the Columbus feed (Fox Sports i think) out there anyone?

Before i can just go to other team's website and the highlights are played from their feed. Now with the new NHL tv, i can only find the one highlight package with music and a lame commentator.:rant::shakehead

There are two recap packages. The longer one is the Oilers version, the shorter one features the Jackets' TV crew.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Oh yes i see it now. Thanks!

Still hate the new design.. lol

It's designed like the MLB website (because it IS MLB that's designing it :laugh:), and I HATE the MLB website for highlights.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Exactly. The old website was slow and counter-intuitive. They've doubled down on that with the new one to create an utter abomination.
How much money do these guys have to spend again?

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Nurse needs exactly lesser minutes. I just saw a damn oilers blogger with an article saying if the oilers should trade Nurse. Like holy ****, give me a break. :facepalm:

I think if you had of read the article instead of stopping at the Headline you might have a different opinion.

It was an interesting article and it made a compelling argument especially considering the timeline of this team.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Really don't know what they are going to do on defense going forward. Sending Nurse down is the easy roster to move to make, but isn't the right one IMO. Yes he is overplayed, but it's not like Davidson is going to come in and play 22min a night and be any better.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Really don't know what they are going to do on defense going forward. Sending Nurse down is the easy roster to move to make, but isn't the right one IMO. Yes he is overplayed, but it's not like Davidson is going to come in and play 22min a night and be any better.

I think Davidson was playing 21 or more minutes a game before injury and looked like our best D.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
The numbers are there he's a 18-19 minute guy. Unless you don't count the majority of his games.

I would prefer to count his most recent as you build up responsibility throughout the course of a year. He was playing well enough to warrant more icetime when Klefbom went down. He showed he can handle it well and I bet he could handle those minutes game in and game out.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I would prefer to count his most recent as you build up responsibility throughout the course of a year. He was playing well enough to warrant more icetime when Klefbom went down. He showed he can handle it well and I bet he could handle those minutes game in and game out.

17 and 15 two games before those 4. 4 games doesn't make a guy a 21 minute a night d-man.

phil steve

Sep 2, 2011
Davidson has been much better than Nurse over the last 25 or so games.

Edit: that he's played obviously. Nurse is going to be great but he's been making a ton of mistakes lately.

Young Lions*

May 27, 2015
Davidson has been much better than Nurse over the last 25 or so games.

Edit: that he's played obviously. Nurse is going to be great but he's been making a ton of mistakes lately.

Nurse has been so bad lately he's making an injured Davidson look like a better option. No idea what they're doing with this kid and why.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Exactly. The old website was slow and counter-intuitive. They've doubled down on that with the new one to create an utter abomination.
How much money do these guys have to spend again?

Considering how nepotistic the NHL is, I would be shocked if they actually hired a real design firm.

It's very likely a former players nephew who wasn't good enough to land an actual job at a firm, so was gifted the job.

Probably done at no cost, simply 'exposure' for the designer.

I have plenty of $200k a year Design friends that laugh at this stuff. They spend their lunches looking and laughing, and picking apart everything wrong with it, like sweet candy morsels.

Here's a bunch of real WebDevs ripping into it on reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/**********/comments/43oml2/fire_whoever_made_the_new_nhl_website/

Last edited:

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking

Its just the latest of lame changes. The reconfiguration they did to the stats pages at start of season was even worse imo as functionality is awful, its harder to find what you are looking for, and the amount of time the search engine freezes on the stats is utter fail. Some days for instance realtime stats or any other but basic stats just refuse to load.

Next critique is that visually I have to scoll all over the donkey splash page just to see the scores. A viewer should be able to click on scores and see it all load in clear all in one view.

I guess one benefit is I can read the NHL site without my glasses...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad