The One Where McDavid Returned & We Played Columbus!

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
What's funny is that's what it looked like. Those passes were such a freebie assists. Pouliot/Ebs: "Connor, here's the pass".
Yeah, real freebies. How about the pass that Eberle made to McDavid to start that whole play. Wide open. Right on the tape. McDavid could have easily scored right there.
It was the best pass anyone fed McDavid all night. He probably felt obligated to get Eberle that puck back.

BlowbyBlow

Jan 22, 2011
I dunno, both Stamkos and Crosby signed 5 year deals after their ELCs. I think he might go ELC - 5 year deal - 8 year deal, and hopefully that will be with Edmonton.

I'd love him to sign an 8 year deal but other stars have gone 6 so he might go with 5 years and that might be scary. Although Edmonton can offer him 8 vs 7 which helps.

I would be giving him a kovalchuk/yashin style deal. 16 year contract (8.5/year)

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
It really is atrocious. Makes reading this site close to a waste of time.

Here's another point the "bu .. bu .. but he always plays with Hall" crowd never mentions. Playing with Hall is going to guarantee you see the best opposition players every night, all night. Eberle has scored most of his points against the best players the other team can trot out.

Playing on the third line is going to, well, make sure you see considerably weaker competition. Yet somehow Yakupov, a first overall talent, can't even get any traction in his career playing against scrubs.
Inconvenient information. Please ignore.

I don't think anyone is saying he can't score. I think they are just saying he doesn't do most of the heavy lifting.

Which I guess is fine.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
interesting question by TSN on who's goal was better..Eberle's first or McDavids last night.

I would say Ebs, quite easy.

Just to add, ..Taylor Hall voted for Connor. Not sure if it's because they're roomies now, and Ebs moved on, but funny none the less.

Last edited:

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
How many points did Eberle have the year Hall broke his ankle and missed 20 plus games?
Eberle = 76 points to lead the team

And last year when Hall couldn't break out of his funk after (maybe) recovering from his knee injury... and missed 29 games?
Eberle = 63 points to lead the team

Guess you forgot that part?

It seems that some posters with obvious agendas are holding firm to this false narrative that Eberle doesn't drive results.

Perhaps these people have Eberle confused with Yakupov. :dunno:

In any event is is really difficult to understand what is driving this Eberle hate.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
There's been an anti-Eberle movement ever since Yakupov was drafted.

I don't think it's anti-Eberle with many, just they are getting disappointed with his play and calling it as it is. Some posters here take it extremely personal when either or is criticized.

Frankly, I'm not impressed with either of them as of late, longer with Yak since he was first overall and still no brains to show for.

Only reason posters are upset with Eberle is that they've seen him play when he's on and it's amazing. However, when he's bad...

Why does every thread have to turn into Eberle vs Yakupov?

Why?

Because it's a personal matter :sarcasm:

Throttlehead

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria B.C.
Debating whether it's Ebs or Yak is pointless. McDavid has shown he can carry both. Now it comes down to who is more expensive to keep and who holds more trade value.

This is so wrong, everyone was saying how Yakupov (the elite sniper) had his game revived with McDavid, he had 2 goals in something like 12 games (which is a 11-12 goal pace) with McDavid and I certainly don't remember any freebie setups from Yakupov to McDavid.

Its far from pointless, one player is way better than the other.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
How does any of that disprove the fact that Hall was his most common linemate until this season? The year he hit his career high, he, RNH, and Hall were being sheltered by Renney. He also had an abnormally high shooting%. That season we also saw the best RNH we've ever seen, but okay.

This past season? Nope. Another lucky stretch were Pouliot, RNH, and him got hot when the games didn't matter. This season, when they've been together, they've been awful.

Well, now he can put up points again playing with another one of the league's best players in McDavid. All is right.

FTR, I think Eberle is skilled offensively, but he is a terribly one-dimensional, complimentary player. He needs better players than him on his line to succeed.

Hate to burst your bubble...but when a guy is a top 10 RW every year since being in the league...it isn't luck. :laugh:

Every team in the league would love to have him, make no mistake.

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
Hate to burst your bubble...but when a guy is a top 10 RW every year since being in the league...it isn't luck. :laugh:

Every team in the league would love to have him, make no mistake.

Sure. Just put him with a great possession player (like McDavid or Hall) and he'll succeed without having his weak defensive game exposed...as much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad