The old Hockey Night Theme from HNIC is now being used by Pepsi Canada

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
It is amazing just how much talent was back in the day...just everything about the production was top notch.

Really shows how amerish tsn is.

I remember being annoyed when the song left but the song has lost all meaning for me now as the show made it

Reactions: gotyournose

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
Am I the only person who sees "HNIC" and immediately understands the acronym to mean something completely and terribly different than what you guys understand it to be? Or is the other acronym just a military thing?

HNIC definitely means two completely different things depending on whether you're in the US or Canada.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
The TSN version of the theme does little for me.

CBC nailed it in the late 80s, and used similar variations of this for the most part until they lost the rights.

It doesn't get better than this.

Yeah, the TSN interpretation is pretty lifeless.

That's half the battle right there.

ryerockarola

Nov 20, 2011
If you're talking about the guy in the Jets jersey with sunglasses on... my guess is Perreault.
If you're talking about guy in the white hat with the white sunglasses on it sure looks like some random fan dressed up for the White-out. Unless that's Byfuglien to his right with the backwards-baseball cap, and who's the Jet further back with white sunglasses in the white helmet with the red star on it? :)

Reactions: sabresEH

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad