TSN: The Oilers and Lucic

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Oilers are going to have to retain at least 25% and take back a poor contract. Thankfully with the Phaneuf/Gaborik swap there is recent precedent.

Lucic @ 25% retained to DET for Nielsen?

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Lucic was actually fine up until around 20-25 games ago. I assume it's just a slump, he needs a goal more than anyone right now

M C D A V I D

Feb 12, 2018
Eriksson is much much worse than Lucic with a worse contract. That's why i'd do a Lucic for Eriksson swap with Boeser coming our way and a 1st protected or maybe even Yama going the other way.

Reactions: ivanlwan

CanuckGame39

Oct 13, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
Just LOL at oiler fans thinking they will get a nice piece back in a trade for Lucic. Nah guys. You will pay dearly to get rid of him.

I love watching Chiarelli operate as a Canucks fan. It's art. I love it.

Eriksson is much much worse than Lucic with a worse contract. That's why i'd do a Lucic for Eriksson swap with Boeser coming our way and a 1st protected or maybe even Yama going the other way.

He's REALLY, REALLY not better then Eriksson. Louie is atleast very good defensively. Lucic is an absolute pilon.

And how is Louies contract worse? It's for the same money but Lucic has 1 extra year.

It's clear you have no clue wtf you're even talking about. And your trade propoal is embarrssing.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Price (2 million retained)
Alzner
A. Shaw
2nd round pick
Drouin
Carr
Pleks (50 percent retained)

for

Lucic (1.5 million retained)
Klefbom
Talbot
Yamamoto
Nugent Hopkins
I approve! :snide:

Reactions: bs

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Time to get Lucic to Detroit.

We want to be that badass team again. Let's get all dirty shitheads.

Trade for Lucic and draft Brady Tkachuk. :naughty:

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
It’s amazing to see EDM fans think that any GM is going to trade for a player who’s play has fallen off that quickly and likely to only get worse. Given that length of contract and the AAV it’s untradable as is. Even if PC retains his pickings will be slim and he will likely have to sweeten the pot.

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
LOL. Try Draisaitl+your top 5 pick+Nurse.

Boeser isn’t going anywhere regardless of value.

His deal was bad, almost awful --- don't get me wrong.

This deal is worse. Boeser is great, he's having a great season, but he's a winger. Draisaitl is proven, a more well-rounded talent, and plays a more desirable position. Nurse is still developing and looks like he could be an absolute stud, and a top 5 pick in an insanely deep draft? Are you daft?

On topic: Habs trade Alzner and Shaw for Lucic and a 2nd. We drop two bad (albeit, not as bad, but still considered bad) contracts for one real awful one. Lucic and Gallagher are good buddies, and Lucic would be our CBA buyout if we get a lockout. He would be a decent fit on our 3rd line, and adds some real secondary scoring + grit to our otherwise lackluster lineup. I would be happier if we could keep Shaw because a 3rd line with Shaw and Lucic would be very nice, but I imagine Edmonton wants to desperately avoid retaining?

He's someone I'd take on during Free Agency as opposed to the draft --- we want to try for Tavares and can't have that much dead cap if we want a player like that. Maybe a deal with RNH/Lucic coming back makes some sense IF we can't get JT

CraigBillington

Dec 10, 2010
Reactions: Snowman

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Throwback to a few months ago when I was ridiculed by some clown for arguing that Hall would be more valuable to the Oilers than Lucic

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/135923729/

The Winter Soldier said:
Lucic is:

-better defensively, this matters
-turning the page on a losing core, this matters
-more durable, this matters
-a better leader, this matters
-a team first player, this matters
-a player that had valuable playoff experience, a cup infact, this matters
-a grittier player, this matters
-a player that provides a physical element that Hall doesn't, this matters
-a player that can protect McDavid, Hall cannot, this matters

You see what you left out? You have no way of winning this discussion. Just stay down man and stop the beats. Lucic is 46-27-9 as an Oiler. What was Hall when he was part of that oiler losing core?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad