TSN: The Oilers and Lucic

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
The interesting thing about this now is that maybe we will be motivated to move him out before this year's trade deadline, so we could commit some salary to Maroon instead of selling him. If we can't move Lucic, I don't think we could justify spending on Maroon.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Where did you get the thread title out of that article? Lucic has a NMC. Even if they wanted to, he'd have the final say in where he goes. But I highly doubt his name has been spoken with another GM, unless they covet him at that salary for whatever reason. Lucic is 29. He'll get off the snide and bounce back. It's not the first time in his career he's had a cold streak.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Package him for Draisaittl.

Didnt Oiler fans say there was a wink wink part of this deal where Lucic was going to retire early ?

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I'd imagine that Chia would try something like include him in a trade for OEL, even if it means including even more additional value in order to make it happen.

But perhaps the only way it could happen is if Lucic agrees that his back condition is the reason he's not keeping up anymore, and that he could be LTIRetired already

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Eriksson and Cassells for Lucic and a 2018 2nd round pick

BreakingGood

Jun 29, 2014
this was pretty obviously an awful deal from the start, and as much as i love him, everyone who wants to pay out the ass for JVR should maybe check in on that summer's deals for Lucic, Ladd, Okposo, and other deals like that generally. obviously the oilers' best shot to move him is a garbage for garbage trade, where you get back a guy who fits your team better, and at this point "fits your team" for the oilers should just mean "can basically keep up with mcdavid" - but idk who has a speedster they don't want because they're a heavy team who could use a lucic.

M C D A V I D

Feb 12, 2018
Cool. And I’d do Sam Gagner for Connor McDavid. Just stop. Not happening. So unrealistic this isn’t NHL 18.

Anyway back on topic...Lucic is extremely overpaid for the length of his contract
What about Lucic + 1st 2018 top 3 protected for just Boeser + Eriksson

Lucic > Eriksson
Boeser>1st (for now)

BreakingGood

Jun 29, 2014
The quest for truculence always seems to end in despair.

yeah, having bangers is great, but paying for them is rough. cost more than their additional value is worth, if they're bigger/slower guys like Lucic, any age-based speed loss basically has you cooked, just can't afford to lose a step, and i always wonder if those guys just age worse in part cuz if you're playing that physical all the time, you're gonna get more banged up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad