TSN: The Oilers and Lucic

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
The whole team is playing like crap and are not motivated at all. Give Lucic at least another year to see if he turns it around along with the team before moving him for something worse.
This. Trading Lucic won't fix the Oilers problems this year, especially when we would likely have to take a worse player back.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Oilers

Lucic (50% retained)
2018 1st (First overall protected)

Kings
Kyle Clifford
Spencer Watson
Jordan Subban

Kings and Oilers swap 4th liners with upside. Oilers throw in their First as a sweetener for taking on the extra salary and term.

It's kind of a joke, I am wondering how real this.
As a Kings fan I might do it. Depends on the first. If the Oilers finish with Dahlin do we get the unprotected first the following season?

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
I don't see the Oilers paying up significantly to unload Lucic. At least not yet.

Not because Milan is any good but because it doesn't help the cause, short or long term.

Pretty sure the gameplan is to hope that the upcoming lockout leads to more compliance buyouts.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
How? Same cap hit..Lucic is a year longer term and produces a little more because of better line mates..I value Eriksson more, also better defensively imo
Loui is also 3 years older and has more injuries in his past. I disagree that Loui only puts up worse points because of worse linemates. Loui is a better defensive player and a better skater, but Lucic is better at everything else.

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
How? Same cap hit..Lucic is a year longer term and produces a little more because of better line mates..I value Eriksson more, also better defensively imo

Lucic will only slow down and has 1 more year on his deal, but he is younger. Eriksson is a better 2 way guy who I am sure if moved to a team with skill could get darn close to his boston #s.

As much as I would like Lucic, Canucks need to be looking for a younger player who can fill that role. But I am not so sure our GM is going to make many moves this TDL. Gudbranson is getting an extension, Tanev is now out for another few weeks. Leaving Vanek who everyone under values. Unless we make a hockey type trade like Benning hinted at I think this TDL is going to be another disappointment to Canuck fans.

No bold moves just keep staying mediocore as everyone ages each season. We should be looking at deal Edler now with Tanev out. We need to bolster this team with more picks or a solid D prospect coming back in a deal.

Dkers77

Dkers77
Dec 11, 2017
Lucic for Eriksson - straight up?

Lucic has one more year on deal, so Chia may have to sweeten the deal with a late pick/B prospect or something, but move could benefit both teams/players...and if either teams unhappy they could buy player out, or trade player retaining salary, as they would have with the former player anyway...

Lucic is from Van and could likely help younger players on the Nucks, more so than Oilers.
And Eriksson can play a role and perhaps help with PK in Edm which is terrible!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad