The official what is the plan thread.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
http://www.generalfanager.com/teams/tampa-bay-lightning

i wonder if sweeney and stevie Y are buddies. Either they lose stamkos next season (not completely a bad idea TBH, kind of a playoff 0) or they'll be losing a few guys. kucherov, drouin, namestikov, killorn, paquette. a couple of those guys aren't going to be lightning in 2016-17, if stamkos is sticking around. only 3M in salary cap space as it stands with 4 RFA to deal with.

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
I don't remember who said it but a year or two ago the Bruins signed a big defenseman and one of the first comments was the Bruins signed a defenseman who isn't 5'6 does Sweeney know about this. The guy is a clown, Boston sucks right now Sweeney and Cherington are jokes two guys without a plan ruining good teams. BB seems to think letting Revis go was a good idea, Ainge is just stuck in the wrong city for basketball, I don't like it but there's a definite passion for it and the snobby NBA players will never come here so you can't blame him but Sweeney is caving under pressure and he won't last 3 years.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I don't remember who said it but a year or two ago the Bruins signed a big defenseman and one of the first comments was the Bruins signed a defenseman who isn't 5'6 does Sweeney know about this. The guy is a clown, Boston sucks right now Sweeney and Cherington are jokes two guys without a plan ruining good teams. BB seems to think letting Revis go was a good idea, Ainge is just stuck in the wrong city for basketball, I don't like it but there's a definite passion for it and the snobby NBA players will never come here so you can't blame him but Sweeney is caving under pressure and he won't last 3 years.

Sweeney = M L Carr

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Just wondering how your guys' management is working.

Is this Neely, or is this Sweeney.

Neely seems to be around when bad things happen.

http://www.generalfanager.com/teams/tampa-bay-lightning

i wonder if sweeney and stevie Y are buddies. Either they lose stamkos next season (not completely a bad idea TBH, kind of a playoff 0) or they'll be losing a few guys. kucherov, drouin, namestikov, killorn, paquette. a couple of those guys aren't going to be lightning in 2016-17, if stamkos is sticking around. only 3M in salary cap space as it stands with 4 RFA to deal with.

We'd have the cap space next year, but he would have to be traded for because he would not sign here as UFA.

Maybe this is the masterplan I've been hearing for?
On twitter it was said that Sweeney has had a plan for few weeks now and it all will be revealed, STAMKOS STAMKOS STAMKOS, if he can pull that off then it's a bit better :laugh:

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I'd like to trade Krejci. Woulda traded him way before Hamilton. Bergeron would be the only veteran I'd keep other than the ones we can't get rid of. Well, and Rask unless someone blows us away.

Pretty much this. Bs are clearly not going to be competing for a Cup in the near future. Krejci would be a waste at this point with the salary he is getting. Get something good in return while you can. Of course that is assuming the morons in charge don't get fleeced.

World of Wardlow

Unscripted Violence
Jul 13, 2006
Montreal
Don't you guys know?! This is a team just for grinders, 4th liners and anyone who should be retired but still wants to play!

:laugh:

What a disaster.

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
As much as I was serious about Meier, the Sharks wouldn't draft him then send him in a trade, can they even do that? But yeahhhhh

I think something may have been or is in the works around Meier. It was reported by john Shannon that Rasks name was being mention on the draft floor and that was after the Lucic and Hamiltion deals. I really believe Sweeney's plan is to stack up with as many prospects as he can from this yrs draft, sign some FA and take his chances for this yr, if their in the playoff hunt great, if not he shreds the roster even more come deadline time in hopes of securing more prospects/picks.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Don't you guys know?! This is a team just for grinders, 4th liners and anyone who should be retired but still wants to play!

:laugh:

What a disaster.

zero 1st line wingers and if they trade eriksson we have 1 2nd line winger :laugh:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I think something may have been or is in the works around Meier. It was reported by john Shannon that Rasks name was being mention on the draft floor and that was after the Lucic and Hamiltion deals. I really believe Sweeney's plan is to stack up with as many prospects as he can from this yrs draft, sign some FA and take his chances for this yr, if their in the playoff hunt great, if not he shreds the roster even more come deadline time in hopes of securing more prospects/picks.

But we still have to remember that Rask has to say yes to a trade, in my mind he would go to a contender/ soon to be contender, leaving Calgary and Edmonton left.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Gotta remember with Rask he has a caphit of 7M AAV a lot of teams don't wanna commit over 6 for a goalie especially contenders that are already so close to the cap, makes trading Rask a lot harder, hence lessening his return.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
If Rask is traded from these team for anything other than an indisputable steal or he personally asks out I will genuinely have to think about whether or not I watch a game next season

Maybe I'm too big of a Rask fan but for me he is the breaking point. I feel sick thinking about it. For all the **** Chia did he got us a decent core (Bergeron, Krejci, Marchand, Hamilton, Chara, Rask IMO) and Sweeney is taking all the steps to ruin it for no purpose other than unknown agenda.

I will not take a Rask trade lightly. And I would not be surprised if Sweeney is underestimating how strongly the fanbase, as in the entirety of his ticket holders and casual viewers, will as well.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
If Rask is traded from these team for anything other than an indisputable steal or he personally asks out I will genuinely have to think about whether or not I watch a game next season

Maybe I'm too big of a Rask fan but for me he is the breaking point. I feel sick thinking about it. For all the **** Chia did he got us a decent core (Bergeron, Krejci, Marchand, Hamilton, Chara, Rask IMO) and Sweeney is taking all the steps to ruin it for no purpose other than unknown agenda.

I will not take a Rask trade lightly. And I would not be surprised if Sweeney is underestimating how strongly the fanbase, as in the entirety of his ticket holders and casual viewers, will as well.

Be prepared to leave. Goalies, Sweeney aside, dont bring a ton of value anymore. Not the same as a top center or D man.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

I'd take a time out after Rask trade, huge fan of his, I played in Ilves and looked up to him while growing up, I couldn't survive from that trade with all these other nightmares that has happened.

If Rask goes I'd guess people in Boston would go crazy and I wouldn't blame them at all.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Wait until December when they bring Milbury in to coach.

Complete the circus.

After seeing the moves of the past couples days by Sweeney, JFJ, and Neely, seeing Milbury here by Thanksgiving doesn't sound far fetched whatsoever.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Be prepared to leave. Goalies, Sweeney aside, dont bring a ton of value anymore. Not the same as a top center or D man.

Which is exactly why we shouldn't trade him. We already got bent over in a trade for arguably the most valuable asset available. There is no way Sweeney can bring back what Rask offers this team in a trade. No ****ing way.

Unless we're tanking that is, but by the sounds of his presser we're planning to be competitive. I'm sorry, but the #1 factor in making this team competitive is Rask. Trading him signals a complete lack of plan, direction or understanding of how to run a hockey team.

I was pissed when they traded Dougie, I was underwhelmed when they traded Looch and I was disturbed when they signed Rinaldo.

But trading Rask? That just means I'm done.

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
I'm a huge Rask fan, but if he gets shipped, it's for 3 reasons:

1) He has yet to be clutch. Ever.
2) His contract is absurd.
3) He seems to be a prima donna, and trash his own teammates.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad