Sponsor
Jun 30, 2015
Oilers fans:

GifMeme 07012022195016.gif

Bettman:

GifMeme 07012022195023.gif

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
Any evidence of the league jobbing us can go in here. Maybe we can put it together in a nice package to send to the Oilers to forward to the league. Here's a kicker to get things started:

The Oilers have 5 total powerplays in their last 5 games. Yes, just 5.

I am told you're not supposed to point out league/officiating bias. It's "complaining" every other team thinks the their being jobbed. Just take shit sandwich you're being served and be grateful. The Oilers organization allows the league to walk on them like a tread mill, essentially condoning the treatment. No one on the organization has the back bone to call out or stand up for themselves. Cowardice personified.

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
Well it is 100% correct. The league manages everything and after the oilers owning teams in the pp they simply cannot have that.

Gary Bettman, colie campbell and his henchman are disgusting.

Bro, I remember McLeod nearly had his eye scoped out in front of the refs against the Dallas Stars. But the league and media pushing agenda, apparently the Oilers don't do enough to draw penalties.

Officials control temperature, they set precedence on how the game is called, manipulate and pervert the rule book the way they see fit. It's so obvious, weak calls against and turn a blind eye (pun not intended) when Oiler players are molested on their way through the neutral zone.

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
Do you guys even read what your typing or listen to what your saying. Order up some baby soothers and calm down. The officiating is bad throughout the league and all fans bitch about it. Lose the tinfoil hat conspiracy theory the league is out to get us. At best there might be a "slight bias" against us but I also see a lot of missed calls the other way.

Outside of the obvious missed calls against McDavid the refs pretty much suck league wide.

Yablo21

Jul 24, 2006
Beersbie
Any evidence of the league jobbing us can go in here. Maybe we can put it together in a nice package to send to the Oilers to forward to the league. Here's a kicker to get things started:

You may not like to hear it but the OP is right. You should be able to rely on your skill to win you games, but if they don't call penalties then we are neutered. I want 2006 hockey please not 1996. Its bull shit and hurts ice. Just look at how many power plays the leafs, tb and col get compared to us. Plus everyone is on Kassian to play tough and then he gets phantom calls all night that hurt the team. Its f***ing bullshit.

Reactions: Dakkon

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton

Those weren’t even full PP’s either. I think the average number of PP’s per game is 3. It’s amazing how disciplined teams are when they play us….

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Those weren’t even full PP’s either. I think the average number of PP’s per game is 3. It’s amazing how disciplined teams are when they play us….

Good point! That's another thing I've noticed as well in refs giving us some reduced PP time.

You're right. It truly is amazing how disciplined teams are against us! That game against the Leafs I saw 2 infractions on the same play with Foegele being hooked down the ice and Yams being tripped up. That's just one shift. Yet we had one PP in the whole bloody game? Something isn't right.

Call me a conspiracy theorist but I believe that Bettman loathes McDavid being in Edmonton. We generate revenue no matter who is on our roster and our fans will always be here. Not the case with some of these US teams where revenue is directly correlated to the success of the team. It would be in Bettman's best interest as commissioner of the NHL to make it as hard as possible on the Oilers to succeed with McDavid on the roster. Why? He wants McDavid on an American team (ideally Southern US team) in order to grow the game even more down there. Maybe even attract some big time American sponsors as well. Do I have a name for this theory? Why yes, it's called "Operation Bettman" which I usually refer to in GDT's after the refs miss call after call or in that one thread which broke the news that the NHL pro-rated James Neal's stats to meet the conditions of the Lucic deal, causing us to lose a pick. :help:
It would be in Canadian hockey fans' best interest if Captain Gary was punted.

Yablo21

Jul 24, 2006
Beersbie
If I was Katz I would put a case together with the innumerable examples of bad officiating and tell the league fix this or we can talk about the amount of revenue you are costing me.

Reactions: oilers'72

Yablo21

Jul 24, 2006
Beersbie
I'm not a conspiracy theorist but I do have eyes and its f***ing bad.
Perfect example was the tying goal in New Jersey, there is zero chance we get away with such a blatant interference call to tie the game.

I don't think the league is out to get us directly but there is some obvious unconscious bias going on with the amount of shit our stars take.

ThinIzzy

Nov 14, 2021

Nice try Dave!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad