May 27, 2009
Houston, Tx
Here's the gif of Rob Ford.. :laugh:

ku-xlarge.gif

I've watched this way too many times.

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
yeah exactly

that was from 4 years ago, hayley was pretty PISSED about the americans walking all over the canadian flag, and she mentioned in an interview afterwards if maybe the americans would like the flagged signed by all the canadians, i thought that was hilarious

but that was 4 years ago lol, i think hayley just means the game today itself and exactly how they won it, thats hollywood stuff

It was in 2002, but it never actually happened and was made up to give the Canadian players more incentive.

http://www.canada.com/olympics/team...to-know-about-the-canadian-womens-hockey-team

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
No matter how hard I try, I can never get into women's hockey. I just can't. And i'm pissed because all of my friends are pumped for life about the win, and i'm just sitting their like "meh".

I want to be excited. I really do dammit. :(

Yeah, not sure why people try to rub in the US face...the big game is tomorrow.

Hopefully Price saves the day.

8240664.jpg

PricePkPatch*

No matter how hard I try, I can never get into women's hockey. I just can't. And i'm pissed because all of my friends are pumped for life about the win, and i'm just sitting their like "meh".

I want to be excited. I really do dammit. :(

It's all right not to be excited about a sport, man. Nothing wrong with having preferences.

The important thing - and that is important - is not to diss the sport itself or those liking it. As long as you can understand that other people like something you don't, and you respect them in their preferences, you are not doing bad :)

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
This is not true apparently, It's a story that's been around for awhile don cherry even told it on coach's corner apparently but Jeff Merek on sportsnet just said it's not true, just one of those tales that goes around

They showed a film clip of those exact comments said by Haley Wickenheiser ... so it definitely is true that she said the signing the flag comment.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
They showed a film clip of those exact comments said by Haley Wickenheiser ... so it definitely is true that she said the signing the flag comment.

She said it but Cammy Granado was on TSN690 and said it was fabricated and untrue. She was on that American team so she would know and why would she lie now so long afterwards.

It was probably some crap made up to motivate them in the game and CBC is running the **** out of it.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I wish there was a front angle on that Ford gif, it would be unreal to photoshop that into the Anchorman scene when they jump in the air and it freezes.

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
She said it but Cammy Granado was on TSN690 and said it was fabricated and untrue. She was on that American team so she would know and why would she lie now so long afterwards.

It was probably some crap made up to motivate them in the game and CBC is running the **** out of it.

That the US team actually walked on the flag could be untrue, and after the follow ups done on it I also doubt they did as well ... but Haley's comments definitely were stated and that is what I was saying were true.

Even if there were no comments from those present stating otherwise, I would still hesitate to believe the US team did it. The action would serve no purpose in motivation for the US team, and if found out, aside from starting a war, the US team would suffer a major image hit from being the most crass team on the planet.

Why do they show it? Like a lot of journalism, they show it just to milk emotions at an emotional time.

Last edited:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
This is one of the best fist pump.

It's graceful.

I need a gif of just the fist-pump-jump with stars and flashy things and something funny written when he gets to the apex of the pump. I command you shopping squad.

29dryden29

Jul 4, 2010
London Ont

Why would she lie. Hmm lets see maybe because throwing another countries flag on the ground is disrespectfull and a total ****** move and she wants to try and save face for them.

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
some comments from women's game:

- Spooner has some sick dangles!
- BIG saves from Canadian goalie in the beginning of OT
- chintzy-*** make-up call from the ref on Lamoureux in OT, eh, what are you gonna do.

great game!

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
I'm currently listening to an American sports radio station. They speak of Jonathan quick as a god and they expect America to throttle the Canadians tomorrow. Thoughts?

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Why would she lie. Hmm lets see maybe because throwing another countries flag on the ground is disrespectfull and a total ****** move and she wants to try and save face for them.

12 years later? I understand your logic but it makes no sense for her to lie now or even talk about it if it were true. I just refuse to believe it was anything more than a motivational tactic by the Canadian coaches/team.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I'm currently listening to an American sports radio station. They speak of Jonathan quick as a god and they expect America to throttle the Canadians tomorrow. Thoughts?

Arrogant tosspots. I wish our media didn't have people like them, but every country's going to have people like them. It's why I tend to not really listen to sporting media unless it's during an actual live match, but it's hard to stay away from, especially on a hockey board, or friends linking me crap on Skype/etc. that I click on and get disgusted by halfway through the first paragraph.

No one should ever underestimate the Canadians. They have the deepest talent in the world, and if there were an 82-game regular season involving the national teams, Canada would win the President's Trophy every time.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Jonathan Quick is scary. The American lineup is scary.

To be the best, you've got to beat the best. It's going to be a tough game to win but we've got the talent to do it. I think it's going to be a real close game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad