The Official Prudential Center, Surrounding Area & Season Ticket Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils86

Apr 8, 2008
They have the STH price on the tickets. There is no baseline because it's variable pricing. Supply/demand will dictate the face value of games.
Which makes it even more difficult to sell the tickets we can't use. Someone wants a game and the ticket says 20 and I charge them 30 because this is the average of the ticket, they will ripped off. Don't put a price at all on the ticket if you are going to do it this way.

Devils86

Apr 8, 2008
My guess is they mostly break into these buckets.

1) People who care enough that they burned a day off.

2) People who called out sick.

3) Funemployed (a growing sickness itself in America).

4) Legitimately unemployed (NJ's rate is higher than national average).
People who have customers in Newark and could take a long lunch. Actually talked to a few people who use tickets for both personal and business like I do. Can't afford these on an unemployment check.

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey
Anyone notice any changes to the arena?

They were installing the new 3D projection system (there was a crane and a bunch of workers on the covered ice surface). Also, they made you walk behind the seats in the lower bowl to access the Ice Lounge from the PNC Bank tower due to construction on the lower concourse facing Edison Place. Think I already mentioned in a previous post that they are expanding the team store by the Lafayette tower from the current location all the way to the escalators (using the partitions from last season). Otherwise, nothing new downstairs and the increasingly noticeable wear and tear is still present.

Might be jumping the gun, but unless they are about to go gangbusters on the place or are doing a ton of work upstairs, I am lowering my expectations for the arena improvements.

Is that really a high-quality gloss finish or is it just the picture (i.e. did the Devils actually step it up and move into 1998)?

Not sure about the gloss as I just quickly glanced at the tickets to verify that the seats were correct, but the overall presentation (box, horizontal ticket book for easy ripping each one out, lanyards) was very nice. Huge improvement from last year and the photos on each ticket are pretty cool. Organization hit a home run, err scored a hat trick, with this one.

I thought the same thing when I saw those images earlier today.. Who are these people (and not all of them in the photo look retired or in college) that have the money for season tickets but clearly don't work or have the coolest boss

There were some people, myself included, who were taking extended lunch breaks (I work half an hour away). Some of the people dressed casual were clearly college students or retirees; also overheard someone behind saying they took a half day (he was in a suit though).

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Which makes it even more difficult to sell the tickets we can't use. Someone wants a game and the ticket says 20 and I charge them 30 because this is the average of the ticket, they will ripped off. Don't put a price at all on the ticket if you are going to do it this way.

True I didn't think of that either...I've just been telling my one friend who buys tickets from me $27 a game to make it easier and so I wouldn't be just making her choose between non-marquee games (she only goes to several games a year with me and buys another couple pairs anyway). So I 'lose' market value if I sell her a ticket to a Ranger game but gain some if I sell a value ticket for that price.

Last year when they posted the face value it was a real selling point that I was selling these tickets for much cheaper. Now that they're posting the sth price though it inadvertantely complicates it even more :laugh:

cj225

Work in Progress...
Dec 6, 2006
NJ
So how do you request the buyback of tickets? Filling out a form or having to call them?

(yes I don't want to wait the two days or whatever it is to know everything lol)

I looked briefly and there wasn't much info about it other than it will be credited towards next seasons tickets.

Is that really a high-quality gloss finish or is it just the picture (i.e. did the Devils actually step it up and move into 1998)?

It's high quality, there's some shiny stuff around some of the logos.

My guess is they mostly break into these buckets.

1) People who care enough that they burned a day off.

2) People who called out sick.

3) Funemployed (a growing sickness itself in America).

4) Legitimately unemployed (NJ's rate is higher than national average).

My father works in sales from home, so he left during "lunch hour" and went and picked them up.

If you contact your rep, they should be able to give you a breakdown. That's what we did for 225 and 226 so we could figure out how to sell the games we can't make.

Devils86

Apr 8, 2008
True I didn't think of that either...I've just been telling my one friend who buys tickets from me $27 a game to make it easier and so I wouldn't be just making her choose between non-marquee games (she only goes to several games a year with me and buys another couple pairs anyway). So I 'lose' market value if I sell her a ticket to a Ranger game but gain some if I sell a value ticket for that price.

Last year when they posted the face value it was a real selling point that I was selling these tickets for much cheaper. Now that they're posting the sth price though it inadvertantely complicates it even more :laugh:

Even business wise... Last year the lowest price face on my balconies were 36... So it's a decent thank you to a customer, now it says 20.. Looks kinda cheap and it's the weekday games I give to people. Not a fan at all that they did this. So in theroy the Devils are telling me that 26 of the 44 games I have purchased are actually worth less than the average value of my tickets and another eight are at value. So 77% of my tickets are either at or worth less than my ave price. One quarter of my tickets inflate the entire years cost

Last edited:

indfin

Jan 4, 2010
Even business wise... Last year the lowest price face on my balconies were 36... So it's a decent thank you to a customer, now it says 20.. Looks kinda cheap and it's the weekday games I give to people. Not a fan at all that they did this. So in theroy the Devils are telling me that 26 of the 44 games I have purchased are actually worth less than the average value of my tickets and another eight are at value. So 77% of my tickets are either at or worth less than my ave price. One quarter of my tickets inflate the entire years cost

That's exactly what they are telling you.

Of course, that's also exactly what the secondary market has been telling you in recent years.

In the past, at most price points, you get a "great deal" on maybe 6-8 games/year ... that # goes up (by a few) if the Devils actually play well.

It will also go up if the Devils can substantially increase their sth base, leaving fewer tickets to be sold through the box office.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Of course, that's also exactly what the secondary market has been telling you in recent years.

Pretty much, though secondary market prices almost don't matter when you're trying to sell tickets offline since friends/acquaintances aren't usually going to hit up StubHub when you're offering tickets to see the difference. But a displayed lower sticker price on the ticket might matter :laugh:

At least they seem to have gotten the tiers right for the most part (helps they increase the # of tiers every year), there's no obvious game you're going to take a bath on when you do sell on the secondary market like Florida as a 'premier' game in April.

Devils86

Apr 8, 2008

In the past, at most price points, you get a "great deal" on maybe 6-8 games/year ... that # goes up (by a few) if the Devils actually play well.

It will also go up if the Devils can substantially increase their sth base, leaving fewer tickets to be sold through the box office.

The secondary market is completely different. That is supply and demand and buying 30 tickets, I could more often than not sell them at my price. The devils are now telling me over half the tickets I bought aren't worth what I paid and a fourth of them are only worth 2/3 of my suppose discounted price

rofalk22

Mar 18, 2013
Hello Everybody,

If available, can someone post a link or picture of the 2014-2015 ST prices by section like folks have posted in the past? I am interested being a former STH monitoring the prices from year to year. If this has been posted somewhere already, can someone please point me in the direction of that post? Thanks everyone!

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
They were installing the new 3D projection system (there was a crane and a bunch of workers on the covered ice surface). Also, they made you walk behind the seats in the lower bowl to access the Ice Lounge from the PNC Bank tower due to construction on the lower concourse facing Edison Place. Think I already mentioned in a previous post that they are expanding the team store by the Lafayette tower from the current location all the way to the escalators (using the partitions from last season). Otherwise, nothing new downstairs and the increasingly noticeable wear and tear is still present.

Might be jumping the gun, but unless they are about to go gangbusters on the place or are doing a ton of work upstairs, I am lowering my expectations for the arena improvements.

Not sure about the gloss as I just quickly glanced at the ticket s to verify that the seats were correct, but the overall presentation (box, horizontal ticket book for eas. y ripping each one out, lanyards) was very nice. Huge improvement from last year and the photos on each ticket are pretty cool. Organization hit a home run, err scored a hat trick, with this one.

There were some people, myself included, who were taking extended lunch breaks (I work half an hour away). Some of the people dressed casual were clearly college students or retirees; also overheard someone behind saying they took a half day (he was in a suit though).

The walls in the concourses along with in the lounges need a paint job refresh.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ

Bingo. Precisely why I'm no longer a STH. Just didnt make financial sense, and the Devils arent a charity. Plus, I dont have to worry about eating that Tuesday night Winnipeg game. Buying tickets on the secondary market has generally been pretty fantastic since I ditched my tickets. The only exception being ECF and SCF, but of course, that was an unlikely "blind squirrel finds nut" situation.

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
I know all of us here are assuming Ryan Carter will sign but it's still funny to see him on one of the tickets when he's not actually on the team.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I know all of us here are assuming Ryan Carter will sign but it's still funny to see him on one of the tickets when he's not actually on the team.

They do have former Devils on the tickets too from what I understand (someone made the comment about Kevin Dean before lol).

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey
Hello Everybody,

If available, can someone post a link or picture of the 2014-2015 ST prices by section like folks have posted in the past? I am interested being a former STH monitoring the prices from year to year. If this has been posted somewhere already, can someone please point me in the direction of that post? Thanks everyone!

Not sure if there is a master sheet floating around yet. However, CJ posted the prices for 226 earlier in this thread here:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=89637957&postcount=775

Here is the breakdown for the rows closest to the top in the defend twice balconies:

A: $65 (just the two Rangers games)
B: $35
C: $30
D: $25
E: $20
F: $15
G: $11 (just the two non-Rangers preseason games)

Bingo. Precisely why I'm no longer a STH. Just didnt make financial sense, and the Devils arent a charity. Plus, I dont have to worry about eating that Tuesday night Winnipeg game. Buying tickets on the secondary market has generally been pretty fantastic since I ditched my tickets. The only exception being ECF and SCF, but of course, that was an unlikely "blind squirrel finds nut" situation.

I think it depends on the price point and how many games you attend. My seats are in the cheapest price point and we went to about 35 games last year. Did not crunch it down to the last dollar but at worst it was a break even proposition and pretty sure I came out ahead. I assign some undetermined value to being a STH (perks, having the same seats, convenience of having my tickets already and not shopping around every game) so would be willing to accept a bit of a loss regardless.

This has been said before on here, probably in response to a similar themed post. If you are looking at STHs strictly from a dollars and cents perspective and assigning absolutely no value to anything else a plan brings to the table, they probably aren't for you. I'm not saying I would be willing to take a bath, but a break even or slight loss is fine by me. Guessing the losses have been greater in the higher priced tiers in past seasons, although it seems like the pricing structure is much improved for this upcoming season. Will be interesting to observe how it plays out.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I think it depends on the price point and how many games you attend. My seats are in the cheapest price point and we went to about 35 games last year. Did not crunch it down to the last dollar but at worst it was a break even proposition and pretty sure I came out ahead.

You're absolutely correct.

The cheapest tickets tend to represent the best value, and solely from a financial perspective, it's only worth having ST if you can attend approximately 35 games per season.

I worked up in Excel a few years ago and posted here how many games a STH in a given price point would need to miss to kill their annual discount. The numbers I'm sure have changed a bit given the new pricing scheme, but I doubt drastically. The essential point is, if you are a STH and cannot attend and/or cannot sell off more than about 6 games per season, you've flushed the entire year's STH discount versus regular prices down the toilet. Miss more than that, and you're financially better off not owning ST.

indfin

Jan 4, 2010

The cheapest tickets tend to represent the best value, and solely from a financial perspective, it's only worth having ST if you can attend approximately 35 games per season.

I worked up in Excel a few years ago and posted here how many games a STH in a given price point would need to miss to kill their annual discount. The numbers I'm sure have changed a bit given the new pricing scheme, but I doubt drastically. The essential point is, if you are a STH and cannot attend and/or cannot sell off more than about 6 games per season, you've flushed the entire year's STH discount versus regular prices down the toilet. Miss more than that, and you're financially better off not owning ST.

I would agree, although if you don't care WHICH games you go to, the figures can change by a fair amount.

For example, you can probably sell the two Rangers games (again, depending on location) for enough for at least two other games at sth cost. You can (generally) do well for weekend games against attractive opponents, as well.

What value did they put on the pre-season games? I can imagine most folks turning those (at least 1-2 of the games) back in, even at pretty low prices.

That may be why you have to ask for vouchers this year ... if you ask, they will probably just hold tix at Will Call for you ... and if you have turned in your regular tix for that game, then they won't allow you to get freebies (hard to argue, since (in theory) the "return policy" is so you don't have to eat tickets for games that you know you can't attend.

Flushing Roots

Jan 18, 2014

Another option would be to get a partner(s) to lower your total nut and still get the FST discount.
This works especially if you can't get to the 35 games to hit "your" break even point - which let's face it not many people can in 2014.
I have 2 partners who are splitting the other half of the package. We are letting the Devils buy back the PS games which leaves me approx. 20 games and the other 2 guys approx. 10 games each.
And we all pay the discounted FST price and will all probably flip the platinum games and some of the other premium games.

Devils1029

Jun 19, 2008
I've been STH for 5 years and always have a hard time making it to all of the games. I usually sell 12-15 games per year on ticket exchange and if they don't sell, I usually try to make it those games.

If there was anyone out there looking to maybe purchase a block of 8-10 games, I'd be happy to sell them the lot at my season ticket holder price per seat of $27. If interested, send me a PM and we can talk. I usually take the kids to weekend games but mid-week or Friday night games are up for grabs! Great way to get STH prices without having to buy 41 games worth!

My seats are in Sect 124, Row 6 great angles and great fans in the section.

I also will probably have my 2 tickets to the pre season games vs. the Rangers on Saturday October 4th for sale. PM me if you're looking to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad