The Official Ovechkin vs. Crosby Debate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
pei fan said:
I'm sorry Leetchie but that makes no sence at all.Crosby isn't playing next year
because he is not allowed to because of his age. If he was allowed there isn't
a team that wouldn't take him.

Sure, there wouldn't be a team that wouldn't take him, but which team would he make an impact on, comparible to what Ovechkin can/should do?

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Most useless thread ever. Absolutely nothing productive can come out of it, just a bunch of kids in a pissing contest. You guys make this board lose so much credability it's not even funny. It's disgusting.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Blatny Spears said:
FACT - I prepared a turkey sandwich for lunch.

FACT - I like turkey sandwiches.

SPECULATION - I may save the sandwich for tomorrow's lunch and go out to grab a burrito instead.

I'll keep you all posted.

rofl :lol

this thread is Pejorative Slured

Vincent_TheGreat

Feb 27, 2002
Ontario
Visit site
Foppa_Rules said:
FACT: the Russian Superleague is widely considered to be the second best league in the world

FACT: Ovechkin is playing against men

FACT: Crosby is playing against children

FACT: Ovechkin has several international scoring titles

FACT: Crosby has no international scoring titles

FACT: Ovechkin is 6-2, 212

FACT: Crosby is 5-9, (how many pounds?)
QUOTE]

Holy flaming terds, where do I begin to break down your ridiculous argument! Ok Ovchenkin is playing against older competition, that doesn't mean they are better. 60% of the players in the RSL will never be better then the Top 100 CHL players right now. The hype for the RSL is ridiculous and unfounded! International scoring titles. The only titles that matter are championships and league scoring titles, many of the best international players never came close to leading the tournament in scoring. Considered second best! No wonder hockey is struggling if that league is the second best in the world. And somehow you think you can compare a kid's size who is born in 87 to a kid who is born in 85, WTF! Crosby at the begining of the year was 5'10 175, In June of 2005 you can start making those comparisons, not now! COme on!

stockwizard*

Vincent_TheGreat said:
Foppa_Rules said:
FACT: the Russian Superleague is widely considered to be the second best league in the world

FACT: Ovechkin is playing against men

FACT: Crosby is playing against children

FACT: Ovechkin has several international scoring titles

FACT: Crosby has no international scoring titles

FACT: Ovechkin is 6-2, 212

FACT: Crosby is 5-9, (how many pounds?)
QUOTE]

Holy flaming terds, where do I begin to break down your ridiculous argument! Ok Ovchenkin is playing against older competition, that doesn't mean they are better. 60% of the players in the RSL will never be better then the Top 100 CHL players right now. The hype for the RSL is ridiculous and unfounded! International scoring titles. The only titles that matter are championships and league scoring titles, many of the best international players never came close to leading the tournament in scoring. Considered second best! No wonder hockey is struggling if that league is the second best in the world. And somehow you think you can compare a kid's size who is born in 87 to a kid who is born in 85, WTF! Crosby at the begining of the year was 5'10 175, In June of 2005 you can start making those comparisons, not now! COme on!
That's right. Foppa's argument is ridiculous.

Steve Latin*

Foppa_Rules said:
FACT: Evgeny Malkin had 3 goals, 9 assists, 12 points, while Ovechkin had 13 goals, 10 assists, 23 points.

How many games, at what age?

S L

Steve Latin*

Foppa_Rules said:
FACT: As a 16-year old, Ovechkin had 14 goals, 4 assists, 18 points to break the record in the Under-18 WJC, while Malkin as a 17-year old in this year's Under-18 WJC had only 4 goals, 4 assists, 8 points.

Playing against what kind of competition?

S L

Whakahere

Jan 27, 2004
Germany
FACT - America is NOT a free country. (point, fly to Cuba guys).

FACT - American people live in fear of others attacking it (Too many countries to name) this therefore does not make you free.

FACT - You can sue people for just about anything in America. ("Was I looking at you lovies" ..... sue me ... and they do!!! freedom I think not).

P.S. Yes I have lived in America and experienced it. My point here is ......... no point really just was to stir some Americans who think their country provides more freedom than some countries in Europe which of cause it does not, it provides the English language which is known as the money language and that is why people study in America. :teach:

now ... who is better AO or SC ...... my vote right now is AO ... but I will be watching SC next year very closely to see if he can improve on his current totals.

stockwizard*

jwr38 said:

FACT - American people live in fear of others attacking it (Too many countries to name) this therefore does not make you free.

FACT - You can sue people for just about anything in America. ("Was I looking at you lovies" ..... sue me ... and they do!!! freedom I think not).

P.S. Yes I have lived in America and experienced it. My point here is ......... no point really just was to stir some Americans who think their country provides more freedom than some countries in Europe which of cause it does not, it provides the English language which is known as the money language and that is why people study in America. :teach:

now ... who is better AO or SC ...... my vote right now is AO ... but I will be watching SC next year very closely to see if he can improve on his current totals.
:dunno:

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
jwr38 said:

:shakehead

Whakahere

Jan 27, 2004
Germany
stockwizard said:
Where are you living Foppa? You are in the U.S. aren't you Foppa. Studying there, living peacefully in the freedom they provide for you and you are cheering for a Russian?

With citizens like you it is a wonder they ever won the Cold War. How ungrateful. Why don't you rally behind O'sullivan. He is as good as Ovechkin anyways.

thank you stockwizard, you made my point even stronger with you :dunno: because it is a reply to your post!!

stockwizard*

jwr38 said:
thank you stockwizard, you made my point even stronger with you :dunno: because it is a reply to your post!!
You come on the AO vs. Sidney Crosby thread to make a political speach that the U.S. is not a free Country. :huh: :loony:

Last edited by a moderator:

Blatny Spears

Feb 27, 2002
Toxostoma rufum
Visit site
jwr38 said:
Fact - I had a tuna Sandwich for breakfast. It was good too!
Are you bloody daft? No one eats tuna sandwiches for breakfast ... FACT!

FACT - I skipped the burrito and stuck with the turkey sandwich. Maybe I'll have that burrito tomorrow. Then again, maybe it will be turkey. I still have enough left in the fridge for one more sandwich.

Whakahere

Jan 27, 2004
Germany
yes, because you are bashing someone living in America and saying they should make their jugdement because they live in this "free Country" that you proclaim. If you backed up your idea with FACTS that do not bring in a country there would never would be a need for a post like this. :shakehead

Whakahere

Jan 27, 2004
Germany
FACT - This "no one" ate a Tuna sandwich for breakfast.

FAct - I hate cooking and my girlfriend won't cook for me!

stockwizard*

jwr38 said:
yes, because you are bashing someone living in America and saying they should make their jugdement because they live in this "free Country" that you proclaim. If you backed up your idea with FACTS that do not bring in a country there would never would be a need for a post like this. :shakehead
I'm sorry, I can't understand you. Let's get back to AO vs. Sid.

Vincent_TheGreat

Feb 27, 2002
Ontario
Visit site
Blatny Spears said:
Are you bloody daft? No one eats tuna sandwiches for breakfast ... FACT!

FACT - I skipped the burrito and stuck with the turkey sandwich. Maybe I'll have that burrito tomorrow. Then again, maybe it will be turkey. I still have enough left in the fridge for one more sandwich.

Actually my roommate eats tuna sandwichs for breakfast.

stockwizard*

jwr38 said:
okay .... consider that a little point to me then :) :D
OK. The States is not a free country and England is. Does that make you happy?

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
jwr38 said:
FACT - America is NOT a free country. (point, fly to Cuba guys)..
Any more examples?
No, please, name them. I'd love to see this list. I for one am not afraid of any countries attacking the United States, at all.

My lawyer once told me that you can sue someone for pretty much anything, but you probably won't win the case.

Whakahere

Jan 27, 2004
Germany
Hell I live in England buddy not from this backwards country. If you ever came here ... oh god this is no where near free. But just to please you I will let you say that England is more free that the USA. :) :lol

Oh god I have to stop :) this is just not fair on little stockwizard here. :bonk:

Still AO right now I believe is the better player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad