Status
Not open for further replies.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
Crosbys vs Ovechkin

good thing you started this thread.. now froppa you always ta;lk about FACTS:
So why don't I????

FACT -- Sidney Crosby was the MVP of the Air Canada Cup Midget Tournament as a 14 year old

FACT Sidney Crosby won CHL player of the year as a 16year old (name anyone in the history of the game that was done that????)

FACT -- Sidney Crosby had 4 points as a 16 year old with third line icetime and a winger that couldnt put the puck in the net..

FACT -- In the WHA draft Crosby will go first overall.. Ovechkin 2nd , it's already been stated go to the WHA website if you'd like

FACT -- Ovechkin is an awesome force on the ice and he is playign against men, however those men are in the russian super league where guys like Maxim Shusinsky can tear it up point wise... AO's point totals were weak..

FACT -- The Russian Super league is probably just a little above the AHL in terms of quality of hockey minus all the prospects in the AHL, which is a very young league.

FACT -- Sidney Crosby has the same intangables as Peter Forsberg and Wayne Gretzky ( hard to knock off the puck and excellent vision) AO is more of a Mark Messier Mold with more potential for offense....

anyway way you wanna cut it , we can';t say whos gonna be better but your gonna come back and be like he's playing against boys... well where the hell else is he gonna play??? Canada's too deep to put him on the national team or world cup team unlike russia... if the world cup was in 2005 He'd be on the team for sure....

dont hate

Foppa_Rules

Nov 1, 2003
Earth...how about you?
FACT: Ovechkin holds the scoring record--which he broke at Crosby's age--in the under-18's

FACT: Ovechkin was named "Best Left Wing of the Superleague" this year

FACT: the Russian Superleague is widely considered to be the second best league in the world

FACT: Ovechkin is playing against men

FACT: Crosby is playing against children

FACT: Ovechkin has several international scoring titles

FACT: Crosby has no international scoring titles

FACT: Ovechkin is 6-2, 212

FACT: Crosby is 5-9, (how many pounds?)

FACT: Ovechkin was the first Russian since Tretiak to be named to the Russian National Team at the age of 17. Ovechkin and Tretiak are the only Russians in the history of Russian hockey history to have this honor. That means the likes of Fedorov, Mogilny, Kovalchuk, Bure, ect. were not named to the National Team this young.

FACT: Ovechkin broke Pavel Bure's record by 3 goals for under-12 scoring. He got 6 goals in the last game of the season to break the record by three.

FACT: Ovechkin once scored two short-handed goals in 15 seconds.

FACT: Ovechkin made it to the Superleague at the age of 16. Kovalchuk never made it to the Superleague.

FACT: Ovechkin has never had a negative plus-minus rating in any international tournament, Junior or Senior.

Foppa_Rules

Nov 1, 2003
Earth...how about you?
FACT: As a 16-year old, Ovechkin had 14 goals, 4 assists, 18 points to break the record in the Under-18 WJC, while Malkin as a 17-year old in this year's Under-18 WJC had only 4 goals, 4 assists, 8 points.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
ktownhockey said:
good thing you started this thread.. now froppa you always ta;lk about FACTS:
So why don't I????

FACT -- Sidney Crosby was the MVP of the Air Canada Cup Midget Tournament as a 14 year old

FACT Sidney Crosby won CHL player of the year as a 16year old (name anyone in the history of the game that was done that????)

FACT -- Sidney Crosby had 4 points as a 16 year old with third line icetime and a winger that couldnt put the puck in the net..

FACT -- In the WHA draft Crosby will go first overall.. Ovechkin 2nd , it's already been stated go to the WHA website if you'd like

FACT -- Ovechkin is an awesome force on the ice and he is playign against men, however those men are in the russian super league where guys like Maxim Shusinsky can tear it up point wise... AO's point totals were weak..

FACT -- The Russian Super league is probably just a little above the AHL in terms of quality of hockey minus all the prospects in the AHL, which is a very young league.

FACT -- Sidney Crosby has the same intangables as Peter Forsberg and Wayne Gretzky ( hard to knock off the puck and excellent vision) AO is more of a Mark Messier Mold with more potential for offense....

anyway way you wanna cut it , we can';t say whos gonna be better but your gonna come back and be like he's playing against boys... well where the hell else is he gonna play??? Canada's too deep to put him on the national team or world cup team unlike russia... if the world cup was in 2005 He'd be on the team for sure....

dont hate

Crosby=Forsberg, Ovechkin=Messier? :shakehead :lol

Ovechkin is notorious for being hard to knock of the puck, having blinding speed and a sick shot arsenal. He hits as well.

stockwizard*

-Crosby is not 5'9''. He is 5'11''.
Way too much is made about Crosby height and weight. For the record Crosby is as skilled as he is BECAUSE of his build and not inspite of it.
Do you really think he would have the best 3 step accerelation the game has EVER seen if he was 6'4'' Crosby has the perfect hockey body. Big rear end and legs which makes him extremely fast and strong on his skates.

-Just some clarification, I believe he had 5 points in the World Junior.

Ovechkin's whole life he has played well in two 2 week tournaments.
One when he was 16 in the U-18, and he was alright in the U-20 in 2003. Other than that he has shown very little.

His numbers in the Superleague were very average.
Let me get this straight Foppa. You were actually satisfied with the weak season he had in the Superleague.
If Crosby had such a year I would be embarrased to show my face. :lol

Everyone knows the quickest route to the NHL is through Major Junior Hockey. There is way too much bashing of this league. This is the league where ORR, GRETZKY, and LEMIEUX played in and now it is time for the great Crosby.

To say Ovechkin is going to be a more highly skilled version of Mark Messier is giving Ovechkin WAY to much credit.
Do you really think the Russian Bear could intimidate anyone the way Messier could when he was younger.

Ovechkin is NO threat to Crosby's immerging dominance in the game.

Crosby doesn't think about Ovechkin in the least, but I have a sneaking suspicion that Ovechkin is kept up late at night with images of the Phenom in his head. :yo:

FOPPA, I know it's like a nightmare for you. Crosby getting better and better every day, while the Russian sits at home eating borch and studies to become a border guard. You can't stop it. It is like a freight train hurdling out of control. The phenom will get you Foppa, the Phenom is coming.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blatny Spears

Feb 27, 2002
Toxostoma rufum
Visit site
FACT - I prepared a turkey sandwich for lunch.

FACT - I like turkey sandwiches.

SPECULATION - I may save the sandwich for tomorrow's lunch and go out to grab a burrito instead.

I'll keep you all posted.

stockwizard*

Ovechkin=Borch eating machine.
If I was Washington, I would definetely have his body fat tested every two weeks. I would fly Experts over to Siberia or wherever the hell he is from to moniter his eating habits and put him on a Nutritional Program.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Blatny Spears said:
FACT - I prepared a turkey sandwich for lunch.

FACT - I like turkey sandwiches.

SPECULATION - I may save the sandwich for tomorrow's lunch and go out to grab a burrito instead.

I'll keep you all posted.

I'm thinking of making a turkey sandwich, but the kitchen is all the way upstairs.

As for these threads, it's getting pathetic. Anyone want to go into buisness with me starting some kind of clinic?

stockwizard*

I guess Foppa thinks he knows more than the Great Gretzky.
Gretzky said the Phenom Crosby is the One man that can take the NHL to the next level.
Foppa, it is time you rally behind the Phenom.

My God, what the Phenom can do with the puck is unbelievable. I was watching highlights of him picking up the puck lacross style and then doing a spin a rama. Unbelievable. His hands are a thing of beauty. It is like he is wearing velvet gloves.

Where are you living Foppa? You are in the U.S. aren't you Foppa. Studying there, living peacefully in the freedom they provide for you and you are cheering for a Russian?

With citizens like you it is a wonder they ever won the Cold War. How ungrateful. Why don't you rally behind O'sullivan. He is as good as Ovechkin anyways.

stockwizard*

Foppa seriously, have you ever seen Crosby play?

Russian Fan

Feb 27, 2003
Visit site
stockwizard said:
I guess Foppa thinks he knows more than the Great Gretzky.
Gretzky said the Phenom Crosby is the One man that can take the NHL to the next level.

The greatest players are not necessarily the best coaches nor the best evaluator for talent.

Maybe you see my nick & you say ''he love Russian so he hate Crosby'' but that's not the case but I would truly that this thread turn out to be another Russian bashing vs Canada's greatest. Let's stick to the players & not about the countries.

stockwizard*

Russian Fan said:
The greatest players are not necessarily the best coaches nor the best evaluator for talent.

Maybe you see my nick & you say ''he love Russian so he hate Crosby'' but that's not the case but I would truly that this thread turn out to be another Russian bashing vs Canada's greatest. Let's stick to the players & not about the countries.
Why would anybody hate Crosby? The only reason anyone would have for hating Crosby is jealousy.

Any true hockey fan would love Crosby.

Leetchie

Mar 3, 2002
Hillsborough, NJ
Visit site
Why can't we leave it at this... both Ovechkin and Crosby will become superstars at the NHL level?

FACT - Ovechkin has a shot at making the NHL next season.
FACT - Crosby does not.

Hence, there should be no debate about who the better player is. It's not like you have to pick between the two.

Russian Fan

Feb 27, 2003
Visit site
stockwizard said:
Why would anybody hate Crosby? The only reason anyone would have for hating Crosby is jealousy.

Any true hockey fan would love Crosby.

because you seem to point out everyone who got a thing or that are skeptical about Crosby being the greatest of all.

& also you seem to have some hatred for Ovechkin or Russia in your post. You can call some poster jealous of Crosby but the same can be apply to you with Ovechkin.

stockwizard*

Russian Fan said:
because you seem to point out everyone who got a thing or that are skeptical about Crosby being the greatest of all.

& also you seem to have some hatred for Ovechkin or Russia in your post. You can call some poster jealous of Crosby but the same can be apply to you with Ovechkin.
If Ovechkin can control his eating I think he will be a solid NHL player, and I like most Russians. :)

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Leetchie said:
Why can't we leave it at this... both Ovechkin and Crosby will become superstars at the NHL level?

FACT - Ovechkin has a shot at making the NHL next season.
FACT - Crosby does not.

Hence, there should be no debate about who the better player is. It's not like you have to pick between the two.
I'm sorry Leetchie but that makes no sence at all.Crosby isn't playing next year
because he is not allowed to because of his age. If he was allowed there isn't
a team that wouldn't take him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad