Not open for further replies.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Pretty bush league if the send purposely didn’t invite certain media members

Pretty easy to believe though

Reactions: topshelf15

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
The guy who did the play by play in last nights game is growing in me - he’s in my top 3 now. He’s smooth, his voice is a bit Wednesday morning he needs a bit more army general in there like Bob Cole could do but he’s good (has a baseball feel to his voice)

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
The guy who did the play by play in last nights game is growing in me - he’s in my top 3 now. He’s smooth, his voice is a bit Wednesday morning he needs a bit more army general in there like Bob Cole could do but he’s good (has a baseball feel to his voice)

Used to do 67’s games as well, then went out west to do games, Vancouver maybe.

BloodRedArmy

Nov 29, 2013
Bytown
Finally listened to the Gord/ Simmer showdown. Amazing.

Not a huge fan of either, but Simmer deserves credit for calling him out, face to face. He didn't hold back, and whether you agree or not, he deserves respect for that.

Gord flipping out about the "Rebuild is over" topic when Creech brings it up? And bringing up Toronto and their mistakes...

But everything aside, love to hear some passion on the radio instead of the usual "did you put your winter tires on yet" banter.

LudwigVonKarlsson

Fall of Pierre
Oct 17, 2013
Ottawa, ON

Not a huge fan of either, but Simmer deserves credit for calling him out, face to face. He didn't hold back, and whether you agree or not, he deserves respect for that.

Gord flipping out about the "Rebuild is over" topic when Creech brings it up? And bringing up Toronto and their mistakes...

But everything aside, love to hear some passion on the radio instead of the usual "did you put your winter tires on yet" banter.
Is there a link for this? Been awhile since I followed the radio media.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008

I don't get his toronto take.
I rather overpay Marner and Tavares by 2 mill than to have White, Murray MDZ, and Zaitzev on the roster.

Toronto doesnt have any dead weight on their roster

Now if you want to talk about salary allocation on their roster then that is a different story and not what Ottawa is dealing with

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I rather overpay Marner and Tavares by 2 mill than to have White, Murray MDZ, and Zaitzev on the roster.

Now if you want to talk about salary allocation on their roster then that is a different story and not what Ottawa is dealing with

Ottawa in last place, Toronto in first place.

Toronto can afford these players because we took Zaitsev, and Phaneuf. Toronto is good because we helped them be good. Ottawa is bad because Toronto helped us be bad.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Ottawa in last place, Toronto in first place.

Toronto can afford these players because we took Zaitsev, and Phaneuf. Toronto is good because we helped them be good. Ottawa is bad because Toronto helped us be bad.
We ought to get our team name on the cup if they win it all for helping them out like that.

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020

Gord is more or less an employee of the team!!! Do you really expect him to scrutinize??? as is Dean as are others.

Here is the script for Gord and Dean
1) give yourself credibility by saying things like "you know me, I call it as it is". And the 1/2 dozen other statements for self delivering credibility
2) talk in "do loops". Talk a lot, say nothing. But in the end, close off every subject (for you older folks who remember Pascal and Fortran! Java and Csharp have their own versions)
3) deflect/defend.

Gord is great. He is best at it. You can bring up any player, any group, any individual/group on ice or off, and he will assert that; that/he is not the problem.. By the time he is done, you are ready to pan the net for the parade route. I will love to meet him and ask ' Gord, if no one is the issue, how is this team last?' I am positive that by the time he is done, I will forget what question I asked.

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa

Gord's Toronto take was not logical ... it was just plain "whataboutism", pretty much the same as posters on here who defend Dorion's bad moves by saying "Every team has made bad trades/draft picks/free agent signings!".

And I don't think he was talking specifically about their roster today, I think he meant over the years... including Simpson's time there. So, a subtle jab.

Reactions: HSF

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Gord is more or less an employee of the team!!! Do you really expect him to scrutinize??? as is Dean as are others.

Here is the script for Gord and Dean
1) give yourself credibility by saying things like "you know me, I call it as it is". And the 1/2 dozen other statements for self delivering credibility
2) talk in "do loops". Talk a lot, say nothing. But in the end, close off every subject (for you older folks who remember Pascal and Fortran! Java and Csharp have their own versions)
3) deflect/defend.

Gord is great. He is best at it. You can bring up any player, any group, any individual/group on ice or off, and he will assert that; that/he is not the problem.. By the time he is done, you are ready to pan the net for the parade route. I will love to meet him and ask ' Gord, if no one is the issue, how is this team last?' I am positive that by the time he is done, I will forget what question I asked.
You're right.

It just gets a bit too obvious and off putting when they get defensive like that and go from being objective to just espousing emotional retorts.

Reactions: BloodRedArmy

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Gord's Toronto take was not logical ... it was just plain "whataboutism", pretty much the same as posters on here who defend Dorion's bad moves by saying "Every team has made bad trades/draft picks/free agent signings!".

And I don't think he was talking specifically about their roster today, I think he meant over the years... including Simpson's time there. So, a subtle jab.
I'll defend Gord on that one (and only) point: Toronto can afford to make a lot more mistakes given the budget they have. They can sign a Jeff Finger or David Clarkson and just bury the contract without major impact on their operation. The Sens can't.

For the Senators the issues compound: you start with a low budget and an owner who can't stand to be contradicted, so you end up with an inexperienced GM and a thin front office, who are going to make mistakes and assemble a poor team, and it keeps on snowballing from there. The mistakes have a much bigger impact on a low-budget team. And a thin and inexperienced front office is likely to make more mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad