TSN: The Official Ottawa Sports Radio Thread - PART X

Status
Not open for further replies.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Lol are you suggesting the sens revoked Mendes and Sylvain's media credentials? The would be pretty serious Mikey mouse level stuff.

LOL - no! Did I say that? LOL

Google it. Happens all the time. Is it fair? No. Can it happen yes. LOL

It’s maybe some posturing. Who knows.

Last edited:

Emerica

May 29, 2010
It is called blacklisting. Happens all the time.

It’s a privilege. :thumbu:
This is a slippery slope to be on. Just cause Donald Trump made it a thing recently doesn't mean it is correct, nor does it happen all the time. This isn't common practice amongst respectable organizations/people. Reeks of cowardice and spinelessness.

They obviously want the narrative out there to be that everything is great is Sens land and the plan is on track, for the turkeys to gobble it up. Glad the respected journalists/reporters aren't playing these games tho.

Also, not sure it's a good idea to get the media against you. I've never seen an instance where an organization turned against the media and it turning out well for them in the end. If that's the game the organization wants to play, then so be it. Looking forward to the firework show we're about to see in the next few weeks if that's the case

Last edited:

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

Sens don’t want to go down this road again. Melnyck tried it with Mendes a few years back and Mendes walked into Algonquin to a standing ovation. Melnyck might have more money, but Mendes has a richness in this community that poo-jeans will never have. And I say this even though Mendes things i’m a grade A jag-off.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Sens don’t want to go down this road again. Melnyck tried it with Mendes a few years back and Mendes walked into Algonquin to a standing ovation. Melnyck might have more money, but Mendes has a richness in this community that poo-jeans will never have. And I say this even though Mendes things i’m a grade A jag-off.

you can pay for school but you cant buy class

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

What do you think is meant by an NHL team revoking a media members credentials? How exactly is blacklisting them different? I'm curious what exactly you want me to google here...

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
It is called blacklisting. Happens all the time.

It’s a privilege. :thumbu:
Media in sports is not a privilege. It's a symbiotic relationship. The fact that the team clearly holds so much disdain for local media says a lot about why the fanbase feels communication is lacking and, in turn, why the team struggles to craft the narrative around itself. It's bush-league management that once again only serves to amplify existing problems.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa

You are gaslighting people now.
That is not what happened at all. No media have had their press credentials revoked, nor have any been blacklisted. The closest the org has ever come to anything resembling that is when they began denying reporters passage on the team charter.
The organization wanted to hold a press conference for Pierre Dorion ostensibly for him to brag about accountability. To achieve that, they only invited a very few select media personalities. It was cowardly and completely at odds with the stated aims of the press conference.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
What do you think is meant by an NHL team revoking a media members credentials? How exactly is blacklisting them different? I'm curious what exactly you want me to google here...

I think they are just posturing, as I said.

By not sending them an invite doesn’t mean the took away their credentials

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I think they are just posturing, as I said.

By not sending them an invite doesn’t mean the took away their credentials
But blacklisting does suggest they revoked credentials, which is the word you used.

Either way it is, to quote Eugene, bush league. Now, because they wanted to avoid tough questions, they've got themselves more bad press, I guess it takes the spotlight off the bad roster moves (or rather the lack of good moves) they made though, so take whatever Wins you can I guess...

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
But blacklisting does suggest they revoked credentials, which is the word you used.

Either way it is, to quote Eugene, bush league. Now, because they wanted to avoid tough questions, they've got themselves more bad press, I guess it takes the spotlight off the bad roster moves (or rather the lack of good moves) they made though, so take whatever Wins you can I guess...

Nah, I think it is like “you want to write insulting shit about the management …this is how the management will treat you”

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Nah, I think it is like “you want to write insulting shit about the management …this is how the management will treat you”
Unbelievable. Somehow criticizing the decisions made by a professional sports organization has turned in to "writing insulting shit"

This just serves to hammer home that they bring this shit on themselves.

One thing is for sure, their strategy will only make it worse.

Reactions: slamigo

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Well what a great move by them because this in no way created completely avoidable bad PR for them...

Team is in worse hands than I ever imagined if they think that's an appropriate way ahead.

Again, the Twitter haters will prey on this for sure. Like flies to shit.

Definitely not the wisest move by the organization, but the easiest way to make a point.

Will it make a difference for the media that is calling for Dorion’s head or those saying the rebuild was a failure? Most likely not.

The anti-organizational stand will continue. Oh well.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Again, the Twitter haters will prey on this sure. Like flies to shit.

Definitely not the wisest move by the organization, but the easiest way to make a point.

Will it make a difference for the media that is calling for Dorion’s head or those saying the rebuild was a failure? Most likely not.

Please tell me you at least understand how this is literally cause for the so-called "anti-organizational stand."

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
And here I was thinking Mendes was not allowed to ask a question because Dorion hates being called out by him on Twitter.

He was not even there, which is even worse.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Again, the Twitter haters will prey on this sure. Like flies to shit.

This just sounds like you have an axe to grind more than being a reasonable argument.

Why are they so sensitive to a little bit of criticism to obviously poor results? Be a man like say John Tortorella and tell Brooksie how it is, don't just run away like a bunch of cowards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad