TSN: The Official Ottawa Sports Radio Thread - PART X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
A slight misrepresentation, not a flat out lie.

Say I have 100 friends that were normally attendees at my party. But this time 50 friends that I didn't inform of or invite to my party weren't technically "denied access", but they still weren't aware of it or told where and when to be there, so it would have been impossible for them to attend.

Not much difference, agree?

When framed like that, not much difference. Though the analogy is far from perfect. It was a game day, players and the coach were returning to in-person interviews. There were plenty of reason's to be at the rink. That's not meant to excuse the lack of communication but let's not transform the truth here.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Then why all the big deal? Weird.
Because it was a reasonable request and it was weird for Dorion to get so noticeably uncomfortable with it and refuse to listen, like any other feedback or criticism sent their way.

Wouldn't have been half as bad if Melnyk didn't try to insult Mendes as if he'd done anything wrong.
When framed like that, not much difference. Though the analogy is far from perfect. It was a game day, players and the coach were returning to in-person interviews. There were plenty of reason's to be at the rink.
I will let the journalists speak for themselves. This wasn't just any media availability, it was the first time Dorion was supposedly having an "open to the press" event in what? 3 months? 6 months?

I have always tried to be fair in that each isolated incident is not the end of the world, but there has been a long pattern of such things and they've been feeding the very thing they don't want to happen... more bad press. It's just Donald Trump tactics to me.

Reactions: Emerica

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I will let the journalists speak for themselves. This wasn't just any media availability, it was the first time Dorion was supposedly having an "open to the press" event in what? 3 months? 6 months?

2 months.

Not saying it wasn't a mistake by the organization. It's just a shame that this is what is being discussed about the press conference, one btw where Dorion placed some of the blame on himself and didn't just take softball questions. If you want to let the journalists speak for themselves, Mendes himself called it a step in the right direction and did a good job of writing about the availability. It's no surprise that the content of Dorion speaking isn't actually interesting though, people just want to sling shit at him, though he an the organization do provide plenty of ammunition.

Reactions: aragorn

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
2 months.

Not saying it wasn't a mistake by the organization. It's just a shame that this is what is being discussed about the press conference, one btw where Dorion placed some of the blame on himself and didn't take softball questions. If you want to let the journalists speak for themselves, Mendes himself called it a step in the right direction and did a good job of writing about the availability.
Was that an open press conference or a TSN 1200 interview sort of thing? Either way, it was an extended period, which has been his MO, and there is nobody in the organization that media had been waiting to hear from more and then it came out of nowhere faster than many of them could make it to the rink. This is the guy that most detractors feel is why the team is where it is, so there is a mountain of questions that would surely be headed his way if he were willing to field them.

I would disagree to an extent as I wasn't overly impressed with what he was willing to take on personally and what else he pointed to like underperforming players. There is no factor more contributory to their current state than the job he personally has done and it came off as a "ya I'll take it on, but..."

Either way, surely it was better than nothing, as noted by Mendes, but they bungled it again and they're way beyond the point of getting basically any benefit of the doubt when it relates back to being a pattern they've shown previously.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Do you really think that the fans can't see through Goodie's fanboyism? The rose-coloured glasses act doesn't keep the team in town, it keeps those in power in place.

Relocation is not an option. Bettman, and any prospective new ownership group, knows that the attendance is a result of current ownership and not the fan base.

Assen na yo!
It’s not a primary option but it’s always on the table.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
The saddest part about all of this is that the type of questions that should be asked but were barred aren't even that controversial. They are normal questions any sane fan would want to ask given where the team is and expected to be.

Chicken shit organization

Reactions: Masked and Bileur

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
The saddest part about all of this is that the type of questions that should be asked but were barred aren't even that controversial. They are normal questions any sane fan would want to ask given where the team is and expected to be.

Chicken shit organization
Murray used to address anything thrown his way and I always liked his interviews for that.

If he didn't want to answer something, he just said so and left it at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad