GDT: The official NCAA Football thread

member 157595

As a Tech fan, I'd say we both have a fair amount of talent, but also a fair amount of questions. You have the edge being at home. We have the edge of our coach being more established at his school at this point. I get the feeling there might be a lot of young mistakes made. I could see the game going either way, but we probably both would have been better off if we could have had the soft part of our schedules first.

I don't want to bore you with FSU stuff, but I'm not confident in Taggart at all. Good recruiter but questionable coach. Even with Francois back I'm not expecting more than 8 wins for us this year and wouldn't be surprised with less; I would love to be wrong. As long as we beat UF I'll tolerate it; fire UF into the sun. :laugh:

I think Tech is a better football team that is better coached.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Admittedly, I'm not super high on FSU either. I think some people have gotten a little too excited for a coach that seems solid, but not spectacular. And like I said, a guy trying to run a new system with guys that aren't his tend to struggle. And that's not even getting into some of the players they lost. I'm also not sure about Francois. I didn't love him his first year, and you never know what you'll get after a big injury.

I think now that Fuente is getting some of his guys on offense, we're poised to make some strides in that area. If Bud can take an incredibly young, but talented, group on defense and make them anything close to how they usually perform, we'll be good. But, our inexperience there is a huge question mark until they show otherwise.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC

Pick 'em to do what?

I would consider joining.

I would be down.

Sounds good to me. Just drafted in a 10 team college fantasy league last night, which is a ridiculous process even when limited to "power 5" and some independents.

Makes NFL fantasy look easy.

Cool - I've set it up. You can join here

Group ID is 11044
Password is The26islityo

I've set it up to be the Yahoo Default Games + ACC games.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Cool - I've set it up. You can join here

Group ID is 11044
Password is The26islityo

I've set it up to be the Yahoo Default Games + ACC games.

Boy was that time consuming with those confidence picks. And I have no idea how to express my confidence in any given pick.

So, I'm new to Pick'em games. I get the object is to correctly pick the winners, but what are the "Confidence Points", is 1 or 31 the highest confidence, and how do they contribute to the scoring? I can't find any of that on the site.

Thanks, I'll hang up and listen to your answer.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I get the concept, I just find it hard to rank 31 picks. I guess it's just easiest to try to group the ones you're super confident in, the ones you aren't at all, and the in between and just randomly assign them numbers according to those groups.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad