Prospect Info: The Official Nathan MacKinnon Thread

• Thread starter Granlund2Pulkkinen*
  • Start date

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

What do you want to bet we start our season against Nashville? :laugh:

Ugh.

I'm just happy Tampa fans are incredibly chill or else we could hear mounds of crap if Drouin has a remotely more successful season than MacKinnon based on him being with St. Louis and Stamkos.

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver
Honestly I'm very pleased with this pick - I thought MacKinnon was truly the best player available.

Also pretty relieved we didn't take Barkov...he just seems a little too soft to me. I think if any of the "elite top 4" are going to bust it's going to be him.

:loony:

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Honestly I'm very pleased with this pick - I thought MacKinnon was truly the best player available.

Also pretty relieved we didn't take Barkov...he just seems a little too soft to me. I think if any of the "elite top 4" are going to bust it's going to be him.

the dude is anything but soft. don't know where you got this notion from. :shakehead

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I'm calling it early. Two goals for Mack in his first regular season game.

Kid gets up for big moments, and that's a pretty big moment for him.

lavoy

Nov 3, 2011
I'm calling it early. Two goals for Mack in his first regular season game.

Kid gets up for big moments, and that's a pretty big moment for him.

Very true, seemed like a different player in the games that had something big on the line... Scores hat-tricks against Jones 50% of the time, so why not play Nashville in the first game :laugh:

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Who was the last right handed center the Avs had? Drury? It's a nice change of pace with all the lefties to be able to throw a right handed guy out there.

viach

Aug 5, 2007
According to DenverPost, MacKinnon likely will wear #22 with the Avs. That was his uniform number with the Halifax Mooseheads.

And what about Hunwick ?

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Congrats to the Avs for taking MacKinnon. Well done. :handclap:

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Mackinnon audio

NATHAN-MACKINNON-300x225.jpg

Not sure if you guys were able to catch the post-draft audio of Mackinnon but here it is.

To listen click here.

Stories

Science!
Sep 10, 2006
Los Angeles, CA
Excited. Can't wait. Should really be a stud for us, especially against bottom pairing d-men since teams will have their hands full with Duchene and Stastny's lines.

I'll be happy if Mac can stay healthy and get around 40-45pts.

Also, I can't wait to see Bigras' elite speed. Should be a really fast team :)

Last edited:

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
" Yeah, obviously I was just a little kid, and I idolized Joe Sakic. I’m not going to lie, I switched to Pittsburgh. I hopped on that bandwagon, but for the first part of my life I was an Avs fan and I guess it’s a little ironic that I got to play for the moose heads and now the Avalanche, and everything is working out so far and hopefully will continue that way."

Bait and switch. I feel betrayed.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Excited. Can't wait. Should really be a stud for us, especially against bottom pairing d-men since teams will have their hands full with Duchene and Stastny's lines.

I'll be happy if Mac can stay healthy and get around 40-45pts.

Also, I can't wait to see Bigras' elite speed. Should be a really fast team :)

If Landeskog got 52 points I bet MacKinnon hits 60-70 next season if...

1. I am correct in thinking Stastny moves
2. MacKinnon gets #2 center
3. MacKinnon gets #1 PP Time (which he already should)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad