The Official Matt Calvert Appreciation Thread

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Matty was a player you always rooted for and a guy you were proud to have on your team. If on occasion his skill came up short, never did his effort. Few bottom six guys will generate s fond memories as Calvert. My feelings on him are best summed up in my post on the Mains when he was being rumored to the Avs.

"Calvert will give the Avs speed, great PK, some skill and a high compete level. One of my favorite moments ever illustrates who Matt Calvert is. Well onto the game, he takes a puck to the forehead and leaves the ice badly bleeding. Despite receiving 40 stiches he returns in the third - his forehead wrapped in bandages looking like the guy in a famous Revolutionary War picture - and scores the winning goal late in the game. That's Matty in a nutshell."

Good luck Matty!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Inquiring Minds

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
My favorite players are the “love of the game” guys. Matty typified that attitude. He plays with passion, enthusiasm and grit. Best of luck to one of my favorite Jackets.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I still remember folks freaking out a tad when Howson didn't sign him immediately. He wanted to get that chance to play in the Memorial Cup in his hometown for his hometown team, and in return he promised loyalty to the Jackets from then on out.

Boy, did he ever deliver on that promise.

Thanks for the memories, Cal. Hope to see you back here again sometime.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad