OT: The Official IIHF WCH2013 Thread

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Kovy is skating like he is 25 again, if this Kovy is out there for us next year we are making the playoffs. It definitely looks like he was saving up for playoffs , not wanting another injury.

Another assist for Kovy. 3-3 game. Kovy has 1g-1a

I remember thinking he was starting to look good again like...the last two weeks of the season. He was outrunning guys like we hadn't seen all year. Wonder if it was a still-lingering injury or if he was just a little hesitant after an injury that totally killed his skating in the playoffs. Either way, he wasn't skating like this in the KHL, either. Maybe hurting his shoulder and taking a couple weeks off was the best thing for him.

Dec 10, 2008
NoDak now NYC area
I remember thinking he was starting to look good again like...the last two weeks of the season. He was outrunning guys like we hadn't seen all year. Wonder if it was a still-lingering injury or if he was just a little hesitant after an injury that totally killed his skating in the playoffs. Either way, he wasn't skating like this in the KHL, either. Maybe hurting his shoulder and taking a couple weeks off was the best thing for him.

Agreed. Will be nice to see the wheels back next season...

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Kovy is skating like he is 25 again, if this Kovy is out there for us next year we are making the playoffs. It definitely looks like he was saving up for playoffs , not wanting another injury.

Or if anything he's showing that he can't be playing 25 minutes a night and we need a ****ing wing worthy of playing with him. Big difference playing with Radulov and the garbage we were throwing out on his other wing. Not to mention the quality of competition isn't there.

Jack Griffin

Jan 28, 2012
Florida
Albany defensemen Roman Hrabarenka finishes the tournament averaging 23:22 per game for Belarus, which led the team. He had 14 shots which was 2nd on the team, 1 goal, and was -1.

Devils prospect Artur Gavrus played in 3 games averaged 13:10 per game, had 3 shots, and was -1.

NC107*

I wish Kovy played for the Devils like he does for the Russian team. I don't blame him I blame Lou.

Nat

Aug 14, 2011
Is there any chance we can acquire Radulov? I don't really follow KHL stuff, so I don't know nothing about his contract and etc. What about his rights, is it still on Nashville hands? I remember one interview that Kovy give to some russian news site, he basically said that he was shocked that team captain and their top scorer left, and he was shocked even more that Lou don't even compensate that lost. Maybe he will take matters on his hands and will try to convince Radulov to come overseas?

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Honestly I think the ONLY way Radulov would come over is if it was with someone like Kovalchuk or Ovechkin, maybe Malkin or Datsyuk. I think he would take less money if he could be assured by a close friend that he wouldn't be jerked around (not sure how much he's played with Malkin or Datsyuk), and the team would have to be real close to a cup to make it worth it. Unfortunately the Devils and Caps probably can't make that claim right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad