Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
mm2013-artist.jpg

5/3/13 - 5/19/13

Schedule: http://www.iihf.com/competition/352/schedule.html

Team Canada:
brankář Devan Dubnyk (Edmonton), obránci Luke Schenn (Philadelphia) a Brian Campbell (Florida) a útočníci Claude Giroux, Matt Read a Wayne Simmonds (všichni Philadelphia), Taylor Hall a Jordan Eberle (oba Edmonton), Ryan O'Reilly a Matt Duchene (oba Colorado), Eric a Jordan Staal (Carolina) a Steven Stamkos z Tampy Bay.

Team USA:
brankář Ben Bishop (Tampa Bay), obránci Chris Butler (Calgary), Matt Carle (Tampa Bay), Matt Hunwick (Colorado), Jeff Petry (Edmonton), Justin Faulk a Jamie McBain (oba Carolina) a útočníci Nick Bjugstad (Florida), Paul Stastny (Colorado), Nate Thompson (Tampa Bay), Bobby Butler a Craig Smith (oba Nashville).
Coached by Joe Sacco. Seriously, what`s the deal with this guy? They won`t fire him in COL and now he gets the headcoaching job for Team USA?

Discuss... or else. :sarcasm:

FirmestPiano

May 22, 2011
So Larsson won't be playing at the WC, didn't even get an email/call from management while Erik Gustafsson from the Flyers did. What a joke, especially considering the players they have on D right now. Which is basically just average SEL defensemen.

Hedberg said he wasn't interested. Tallinder wasn't sure last I saw, might be a possibility.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Has anyone else been added to the USA team?

I'm assuming they'd be absolutely stupid not to ask Greene, I wonder if Carter gets consideration. Same goes for Bernier and Canada.

So Larsson won't be playing at the WC, didn't even get an email/call from management while Erik Gustafsson from the Flyers did. What a joke, especially considering the players they have on D right now. Which is basically just average SEL defensemen.

Hedberg said he wasn't interested. Tallinder wasn't sure last I saw, might be a possibility.

Where'd you see this?

FirmestPiano

May 22, 2011
Has anyone else been added to the USA team?

I'm assuming they'd be absolutely stupid not to ask Greene, I wonder if Carter gets consideration. Same goes for Bernier and Canada.

Where'd you see this?

Was wondering the same thing. Greene would be a lock for USA, Carter should be too considering the forwards they've already brought in.

Swedish media outlets reported it. Larsson said he hadn't been contacted and was going home to Skellefteå.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Was wondering the same thing. Greene would be a lock for USA, Carter should be too considering the forwards they've already brought in.

Swedish media outlets reported it. Larsson said he hadn't been contacted and was going home to Skellefteå.

I was looking at our team.

Kovalchuk and Loktionov are obviously going.

Aside from that, the only players that could go and are under contract (not UFAs) for next year are:

Zajac and Henrique (although Canada is already stocked with centers)
Greene
Carter and Bernier (both are iffy though especially Bernier for Canada)
Volchenkov (although I guess Kovalchuk would've mentioned if he was)
Pesonen (depending on how good Finland is)

VaxjoDevil

No kids - Still a person
Nov 11, 2009
Princeton, NJ
As late as this morning I listened to Swedish national radio online live and they were expecting Larsson to be asked to be in the lineup?

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Larsson absolutely should be in the lineup, but if they don't have him play I'm ok with that too. I'm not Swedish, so I see it as just more chances for him to be injured outside of a Devils game.

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
Bjugstad (USA) Campbell (Can); Goc (Germany); Kopecky (Slovakia); Fleischmann (Czech); Markstrom (Sweden) from Florida.

Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline
#CBJ G Sergei Bobrovsky, D Fedor Tyutin and C Artem Anisimov all will play for Russia in the IIHF World Championships.

Winnipeg Jets ‏@NHLJets
Congratulations to Captain Andrew Ladd will join the 2013 Canadian Men’s National Team at the IIHF Men’s World Championship! #NHLJets

Mike Sundheim ‏@MikeSundheim
Canes defenseman Jay Harrison has been added to the roster for @HockeyCanada at the @IIHFHockey World Championship. Flames` TJ Brodie too.

Katie Strang ‏@KatieStrangESPN
#isles Niederreiter will play for Switzerland during World Championships, though

Mark Stepneski ‏@StarsInsideEdge
Brenden Dillon, Stephane Robidas named to Canada's roster for World Championship

John Vogl ‏@BuffNewsVogl
Canada's world championship team, to be coached by Lindy Ruff, has no Sabres on it.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Joe Succo coaching team USA? FFS! I'd rather see Laviolette, but whatever. LOL Bobby Butler on team USA.:laugh:

Slim pickings on the teams this year being that 22 NHL teams worth of guys are usually going since the first round of the playoffs are just ending. Now it's only 14 NHL teams worth of guys.

FirmestPiano

May 22, 2011
As late as this morning I listened to Swedish national radio online live and they were expecting Larsson to be asked to be in the lineup?

As they should have. Larsson is a better defensemen than those who are there already. MÃ¥rts is an idiot. Turns out they even invited Erixon ahead of Larsson as well.

Larsson absolutely should be in the lineup, but if they don't have him play I'm ok with that too. I'm not Swedish, so I see it as just more chances for him to be injured outside of a Devils game.

Yep pretty much. I would have liked to see him at the WC, just to see if he would of played any differently than he has for the Devils this season but knowing that he won't be injured not playing the WC is fine too.

FirmestPiano

May 22, 2011
Tallinder will play for Sweden.

Also brought in Landeskog, Enroth, Markstrom and Gustafsson from Philly. Still waiting on word from L.Eriksson and Backlund.

Larsson and Tallinder would of been a decent first pairing for Sweden.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
This is the often ignored red-headed stepchild of international ice hockey tournaments.

It's kind of like the NIT.

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
In b4 BG`s obligatory scornful post about the WCH.

Oh wait, too late. One would thought Americans take pride in representing their country no matter how important in a bigger relative scheme of things the tournament is. At least that`s what we`ve been told. Guess not.

VaxjoDevil

No kids - Still a person
Nov 11, 2009
Princeton, NJ
Yeah, if you have nothing else to say but to diss the tournament ignore the thread and keep on talking about cooking shows in the TAN.

Anyway, Tallinder in, no Larsson. Would have been fun to watch Larsson but I'm happy for Tally.

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
Just heard, awesome for Gio and Carter, they both deserve it. Even if it's not as big as the Olympics any other international tourney, it must be a great feeling to represent your country.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
In b4 BG`s obligatory scornful post about the WCH. Oh wait, too late. One would thought Americans take pride in representing their country no matter how important in a bigger relative scheme of things the tournament is. At least that`s what we`ve been told. Guess not.

What's the fuss? All I did was state a general truth. Maybe it's different on your side of the pond, but in general people here (even fairly serious hockey fans if we're being honest) really dont care all that much about it. The problem is two-fold: 1) the best players arent all playing for their country 2) It's run at the same time as the most important hockey tournament in the world.

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
What's the fuss? All I did was state a general truth. Maybe it's different on your side of the pond, but in general people here (even fairly serious hockey fans if we're being honest) really dont care all that much about it. The problem is two-fold: 1) the best players arent all playing for their country 2) It's run at the same time as the most important hockey tournament in the world.
Really? Are we going through this again? Every ****ing year it`s the same ol` song and it`s getting tiresome.

If you don`t care about it, ignore it. It`s really that simple.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Well anyways, like it or not, USA has already brought 8 D.

Chris Butler, Matt Carle, Justin Faulk, Matt Hunwick, Erik Johnson, Jaime McBain, Jeff Petry, and Jake Trouba.

So I get not inviting Greene but he is probably just as good if not better than all of those players.

Aside from that, the US roster looks pretty meh, can't find a roster besides the original 15 man unit released earlier.

FirmestPiano

May 22, 2011
Don't get how Greene isn't on that team. That D isn't very impressive, and he's definitely a better D man than all of em.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad