Tribute The Official "Fire Tortorella" Thread

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Eight point improvement is certainly a miracle only Christ Himself could pull off. When do the Torts prayer candles go on sale?
See these people are the they were supposed to be bottom 5 in the league braindead zombies. They don't see that there wasn't a huge jump and that Coots return alone even when Torts rode him to death made this team better.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Next coach please. No other acceptable option.
Screenshot_20240410-090413_Instagram.jpg

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
No they didn't. I mean yes of course they had a few adds like Hathaway but no big FA moves. No star signings. Just a little hole filling. I don't see the lie you are talking about though. They've done a decent job in the trades and maybe got lucky in the non trade, used the cap space to get more picks. Pretty good job of restructuring, rebuilding and still competing.

I guess you wanted a full tear down or a tank. I didn't.
How's that rebuild going?

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
Pathetic end of year. Not mad at Brière at all. Some posters will complain that he "WASTED" the rebuild by "TRADING ASSETS" in a rebuild. This is dumb af. We were in a playoffs position, he got a first and traded a 4th not to let the team sink (which has to be done, otherwise what do players even play for? f*** loser's mentality... tanking is good in theory but in practice you manage human being who devote their lives to the game, can't not try when in a position to make PO)... but it did sink anyway. Torts definitely lost the room. He should be fired at the end of the year, this shitshow is nonsense. The way this team is going, though, does make sense. I still trust Danny B. He did what should be done in the position he was in. Now what he needs to do is fire Torts. No question. Give interim to whoever and find a coach for 2025-26.
Yeah, thank god Briere traded that 4th to avoid this team having a loser mentality. Picks well spent, I say.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
To add to it, if the old guard was not around and Jonesy and Danny B were really running the show I think Kimmo might think about it.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I have no idea if the players want him out or not...But, IF the players in the room have begun to turn on Torts right now, next year is going to be MUCH worse.

If the players are giving up on Torts, why the f*** would you want, if you're a player, to come into the next season with the same coach you don't want to play for? Especially as a collective...

EdmFlyersfan

Feb 20, 2007
Edmonton
On one hand if the players have tuned out Torts (and he stays) maybe we finish bottom 5 and get a top pick... on the other hand he destroys whatever mental fortitude is left on the team permanently.

Bring back Yeo and ride Sandstrom and Petersen/Fedotov next year...lol

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com

Darren Dreger

@DarrenDreger

"We can all appreciate the speculation. And when it comes to John Tortorella and the stories that follow, there’s always speculation. As for his future as head coach…a Flyers management source says “Torts is not leaving the bench”. He still has the fire…no question about that."

Not necessarily a vote of confidence but, never the less, the type of statement by management that comes out before a person is removed from their present position. He's got to go.
I don't know how the organization goes out and sells tickets for next year unless major changes are made. What is the theme going to be? "Come Back and See More of the Same Shit That You've Been Watching for the Last Two Seasons".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad