Blue Jays Discussion: The official Davis Schneider Appreciation Society

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Hoornstra just joined Dodger Nation. He’s reputable and appears to have good connections in the Dodgers organization.

A plausible explanation is someone from the Dodgers told him Ohtani has turned down the Dodgers for the Jays. But none of the Blue Jays execs or CAA will tell anyone that because Ohtani wants to fully control the process and announce when he’s ready (after medicals). So that’s why all the national reporters are told there is no decision.

Maybe that’s wrong, but this isn’t some opera singer. Hoornstra is legit.

That's what I thought yesterday as well with the Dodgers side coming out and basing dousing water on their own chances. Thought it had to be Toronto in that case.

But the way Morosi didn't get a confirmation from CAA only for the next guy to get the denial Ohtani wasn't on the plane. Felt a little like a smokescreen.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Guy been getting slaughtered online all night. I kind of respect that he is standing on it. Just have to wait and see I guess.

Commendable! He might as well double down.. he has nothing to gain by backtracking in terms of credibility now. He has a lot more to gain now by sticking to his guns and hoping Ohtani signs in Toronto.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Hoornstra is a member of the BBWAA. He's not just some nerd who started a blog.
Hoornstra just joined Dodger Nation. He’s reputable and appears to have good connections in the Dodgers organization.

A plausible explanation is someone from the Dodgers told him Ohtani has turned down the Dodgers for the Jays. But none of the Blue Jays execs or CAA will tell anyone that because Ohtani wants to fully control the process and announce when he’s ready (after medicals). So that’s why all the national reporters are told there is no decision.

Maybe that’s wrong, but this isn’t some opera singer. Hoornstra is legit.
If that is the case then booyah!

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I have more time for a guy who puts out a story, gets clowned for being "wrong" but sticks to his guns and most of the time proven right.

We literally just had this play out a couple months ago with Paul Bissonnette putting the Jackets on blast for letting Babcock do Babcock things. Hockey discussion places dunked on him for being wrong but lo and behold, he was vindicated like a day or two later when all the weird/scummy shit Babcock was conducting himself with came to light.

Hoornstra as i stated yesterday and as others have reiterated today, is not just some two bit jabroni running a blog. He has legitimate credentials and sources.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Yeah, I guess my gut feeling is if it were to happen, the sequence of events would look and feel like the fake momentum that was reported yesterday. Whispers turn to a bit of a circus, turns into media overdrive, turns into reality. That overwhelming momentum where the unexpected thing happens... from a quiet, dead stop nothing happening, I guess it's just hard to imagine it'll be Toronto. Just speculating like everyone else.
I think if you take away Friday, everything is still the same. Othani is quiet and almost too quiet. Even Japanese medias got no clue what’s happening with his decision.
I really give respect to all involve that they manage to keep their mouths shut. Esp his agent.
I don’t get a feeling that he is stalling for the sake of stalling but he is doing so to get the best possible deal possible.
Won’t be surprise if the deal end up close to 700mil for 10yrs. With stuff like opening Baseball academy in his hometown in Japan and once he retires he will run said academy.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
well, in the wake of all this, despite all the crazyness from media and fans...the organization didnt say a word and didnt take the bait in anyway. test passed?

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
This thread is waaaay over its normally allotted 1k posts and there have been calls to start a new thread as this one becomes more cumbersome.

So here you go:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad