Prospect Info: The OFFICIAL CFHF Flames Prospect Rankings. Top 20 Complete.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Pelletier

He is the last actual prospect we have. Everyone else are just filler with little to no chance.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
I think Mangiapane is the better player of everyone right now, but I wouldn't want to lose Kylington over him either. I voted Kylington.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Changed my vote from Mangi to Kylington. He definitely possesses the most unique skillset out of all of the prospects.

I think Pelletier is a distant 5th at this point

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I don’t really see Mangiapane as a prospect. 3 full seasons as a pro, spent more time with Calgary last year than Stockton and basically has zero chance of being sent back to get more time to grow. I also don’t see much more development likely in his game.

I am not sure if we are supposed to make decisions like that when voting or just treat everyone line they are s prospect if they are on the list but I did not plan on voting for Mangiapane because I don’t think he is a prospect.

Reactions: super6646

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
I don’t really see Mangiapane as a prospect. 3 full seasons as a pro, spent more time with Calgary last year than Stockton and basically has zero chance of being sent back to get more time to grow. I also don’t see much more development likely in his game.

I am not sure if we are supposed to make decisions like that when voting or just treat everyone line they are s prospect if they are on the list but I did not plan on voting for Mangiapane because I don’t think he is a prospect.

Guess Kylington has no growth left in him. Only a year younger than Mangiapane, played four seasons as a pro, spent more time with Calgary last year than Stockton.

Plenty of guys still have growth at 23, especially as they continue to show progress which Mangiapane has. Jankowski hadn't even made the NHL full time at 23. Not saying it's a lock, but to definitively say he's done growing at this point is an odd stance to take to me.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Guess Kylington has no growth left in him. Only a year younger than Mangiapane, played four seasons as a pro, spent more time with Calgary last year than Stockton.

Plenty of guys still have growth at 23, especially as they continue to show progress which Mangiapane has. Jankowski hadn't even made the NHL full time at 23. Not saying it's a lock, but to definitively say he's done growing at this point is an odd stance to take to me.

I definitely don’t see Kylington as a prospect or think there is much growth left in his game either.

I haven’t seen any growth in Jankowskis game since he entered the league. He sucked then and sucks now.

With Mangiane he is a bottom 6/AHL tweeter now and I dont see that changing. It is in part due to his age and experience but in larger part due to watching him play. He doesn’t show much offensive skill or instincts to indicate that they is enough there to grow into a top 6 guy. He looks to a guy that can get you some points in the bottom 6 but that is about.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Pelletier

He is the last actual prospect we have. Everyone else are just filler with little to no chance.

I disagree.

Emilio Petersen had nothing short of a great freshmen season in the NCAA on a tough league. Only Farabee scores more than him last year as a true freshmen.

Pospisil is big, feisty, and almost doubled his offensive output. Personally I think he’s our future #4C

Nicolaev was the #1C for Russia at the u-18s.

Ruzicka has flashed moments of brilliance, although I tend to see another Jankowski.

Then there is NHL caliber guys in Mangiapane and Kylington.

But sure, listen to the HF idiots and continue the pessimistic attitude this fan base has collected over the years.

A guy on HF calculated who were the best teams at drafting in the NHL using some sort of algorithm. Over the last ten years we were ranked 2nd behind the lightning and over the last 5 we were #1. Our scouting staff is good. They prove that in the mid to later rounds time and time again.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
I definitely don’t see Kylington as a prospect or think there is much growth left in his game either.

I haven’t seen any growth in Jankowskis game since he entered the league. He sucked then and sucks now.

With Mangiane he is a bottom 6/AHL tweeter now and I dont see that changing. It is in part due to his age and experience but in larger part due to watching him play. He doesn’t show much offensive skill or instincts to indicate that they is enough there to grow into a top 6 guy. He looks to a guy that can get you some points in the bottom 6 but that is about.

I genuinely wonder how many of your 1,000 posts in two months are this overwhelmingly pessimistic. Feels like a lot.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I disagree.

Emilio Petersen had nothing short of a great freshmen season in the NCAA on a tough league. Only Farabee scores more than him last year as a true freshmen.

Pospisil is big, feisty, and almost doubled his offensive output. Personally I think he’s our future #4C

Nicolaev was the #1C for Russia at the u-18s.

Ruzicka has flashed moments of brilliance, although I tend to see another Jankowski.

Then there is NHL caliber guys in Mangiapane and Kylington.

But sure, listen to the HF idiots and continue the pessimistic attitude this fan base has collected over the years.

A guy on HF calculated who were the best teams at drafting in the NHL using some sort of algorithm. Over the last ten years we were ranked 2nd behind the lightning and over the last 5 we were #1. Our scouting staff is good. They prove that in the mid to later rounds time and time again.

All those guys are similar to what other teams have and similar to countless guys that do t make it. If you are drafted you have reasons fans can use to justify why they have a shot to make it.

And I am not listening to others to make these decisions or even down on the Flames. One of the reason we have a shallow prospect pool is we have moved guys line Tkachuk and Valimaki up to the big team. Throw in young players line Anderson, Bennett and Mangiapane and I think our U-23 depth is good which is more important than prospect depth. I would much rather have not a great pool because our youngsters are so good they made the NHL than brag about how great our prospect pool is full of guys who haven’t shown that they can translate it to the NHL.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I genuinely wonder how many of your 1,000 posts in two months are this overwhelmingly pessimistic. Feels like a lot.

Not many.

I don’t think the post you are quoting is overly pessimistic at all either. I think you are just focusing on them because you disagree so they stand out.

I disliked the Lucic deal, think we need at least one more top 6 and think our prospect pool is shallow. That is about all there is that could even be considered pessimistic and even that is a stretch.

Other than that I loved the Bennett deal, have defended Monahan plenty on here, defended the Flames plenty on the main boards.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
All those guys are similar to what other teams have and similar to countless guys that do t make it. If you are drafted you have reasons fans can use to justify why they have a shot to make it.

And I am not listening to others to make these decisions or even down on the Flames. One of the reason we have a shallow prospect pool is we have moved guys line Tkachuk and Valimaki up to the big team. Throw in young players line Anderson, Bennett and Mangiapane and I think our U-23 depth is good which is more important than prospect depth. I would much rather have not a great pool because our youngsters are so good they made the NHL than brag about how great our prospect pool is full of guys who haven’t shown that they can translate it to the NHL.

Every single team in the NHL is essentially:

1-2 blue chip prospects.
2-3 above average prospects.
10+ developmental

Of course everyone has prospects like us.

We fit in the same mold:

1 - Valimaki, true blue chipper
2/3/4 - Dillon Dube, Jokob Pelletier, Oliver Kylington
5+ - Rest.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Every single team in the NHL is essentially:

1-2 blue chip prospects.
2-3 above average prospects.
10+ developmental

Of course everyone has prospects like us.

We fit in the same mold:

1 - Valimaki, true blue chipper
2/3/4 - Dillon Dube, Jokob Pelletier, Oliver Kylington
5+ - Rest.
Couple miles of crap
-Gillies

Fixed for precision

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad