Online Series: The Official Amazon Prime Thread

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
Got excited they has Stargate SG1
Unfortunately for me in Canada only seasons 1-3 were available and now stuck after hoping to do another binge watch

Just get Stargate Command if you want all of the SG series and movies.

Elias Stewart

Apr 27, 2019
I have an Indian friend and he tells me that he got good Hindi content n amazon prime. So, If there are any Indians out there then you can try amazon prime.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Sneaky Pete season 3 out on May 10th. First two seasons are great

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
To anyone with Prime, Red Oaks is an overlooked gem and is one of the more enjoyable TV shows I've seen recently. It revolves around an NYU student who landed a summer gig as the assistant tennis pro at a mid-tier Jewish country club in Northern New Jersey in the '80s. The main character is purposely written to be a bit boring, though really charming and loveable, while he interacts with a cast of outlandish characters. The show never goes for the easy 80's jokes, and the soundtrack is sourced from some equally overlooked 80's jams. Think Steal Away by Robbie Dupree instead of Video Killed the Radio Star.

Each episode is only about 30 minutes so it's eminently bingeable. David Gordon Green of Eastbound and Down and Righteous Gemstones fame was highly involved with the show and his keen eye is apparent for anyone familiar with his work, particularly in his use of montage to show different characters going about their lives, often with competing ambitions. All three seasons are available on Prime, and although the show ended a few years ago, the last episode has one of my favorite endings for a TV show. Like I said, it's a light, quirky comedy that makes me nostalgic for a decade that ended before I was even born.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad