Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Last edited:

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
sadly most of those shows where not available here in the UK

I cancelled my subscription last month--did not like the options I had and how they seemingly always tried to push me to buy shows

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
I got Amazon prime recently mainly for the free shipping heading into the holiday season, but also used it to watch Jack Ryan. I'm not too impressed with the streaming service. I'm disappointed that it doesn't work easily with a chromecast. The selection of movies was disappointing as well.

Reactions: Sideline

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
I've been loving all the old Evening At The Improv episodes to have on in the background while I work. Used to watch that w/a friend in the morning before high school in 99/00, and it's bringing back a lot of memories!

Say Hey Kid

Bathory
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
I got Amazon prime recently mainly for the free shipping heading into the holiday season, but also used it to watch Jack Ryan. I'm not too impressed with the streaming service. I'm disappointed that it doesn't work easily with a chromecast. The selection of movies was disappointing as well.
Agreed. The thing that drives me nuts is the free and pay per view content are not separate. You see something, get excited, and then realize it's pay per view.

Sep 19, 2008
Prime is very helpful for those long train rides into the city for Caps games. I end up watching Prime on the train and tune everyone else out.

Recently been watching a Japanese drama called "Tokyo Girl" on Amazon Prime. They have a few Japanese shows there which are pretty interesting.

Emeril Lagasse also has a show on Amazon Prime. It's also pretty good and won awards.

Sep 19, 2008

Pleasantly surprised to see Star Trek and a sequel on Prime. Those are good movies. More on that in another thread, ended up watching the 2009 one on the way to and from a Capitals event last night. Good movie.

That being said I have to go to the Caps game tonight and I was looking for movies this morning to download. I couldn't seem to find any that were interesting. They were largely Indiana Jones movies and westerns. I may watch those another time, but not today.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I got Amazon prime Mainly for the two day shipping but also because of The Expanse. I was able to see that series in the summer and I have been rewatching it. Unfortunately I I found out they made a mistake and won't be bringing out season 3 on the 15th and I ended up buying it on iTunes earlier in the week.

I really haven't watched a movie. I would like to get into Man In The High Castle though, which I've heard is good.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Man In The High Castle is why I don’t cancel my Prime membership. Well, that and the cheaper shipping.

Similar reasons I'm not cancelling mine. The selection of TV and Movies seems a little thin to me and few of them are interesting or I already own them.

I am enjoying Patriot for how odd of a TV show it is.

Burnoutboi

Jul 3, 2006
Grande Prairie, Alberta
Similar reasons I'm not cancelling mine. The selection of TV and Movies seems a little thin to me and few of them are interesting or I already own them.

I am enjoying Patriot for how odd of a TV show it is.

Yeah, the selection for Canada, like Netflix, is extremely weak compared to the States and Britain. I haven’t checked out Patriot yet, but I did enjoy the first season of Sneaky Pete.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
I found Married...With Children on Prime. With the proper, Frank Sinatra "Love & Marriage" intro.
Also found the two Addams Family movies, watched them for the first time.
There's lots of stuff on there if you're in the right demographic.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I've been watching Justified on prime. I'm enjoying it, almost done with season 2.

We have prime, for the shipping though. Haven't watched a whole lot on their, just a few shows.

Sep 19, 2008
unfortunately Top Gear is now gone. they did have up to season 17 free, but that ended the other day

Yes I did notice that. Sad that they're taking stuff off now. There are a few tv shows that I like but the prime exclusives aren't really programs that really appeal to me (other than Jack Ryan,which I'm still stuck on episode 2. Been on that episode for a while now.)

Say Hey Kid

Bathory
Dec 10, 2007
ATL

A tv show written by Sandman creator and show runner Neil Gaiman based on a book by Neil Gaiman where David Tennant plays a demon, Michael Sheen plays an angel, and Jon Hamm is in it. All the cool kids will be watching.

Reactions: jimmythescot
Sep 19, 2008
Last month A lot of Gordon Ramsay videos were popping up on amazon Prime. The best is probably his Ultimate Cookery Course. Would definitely recommend.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
I know the thread is dealing with videos, but since it is Amazon Prime thread, just wanted to see if others have used the Whole Foods Prime Now delivery. I have used it 3 times. Very convenient. I like it.

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
Got excited they has Stargate SG1
Unfortunately for me in Canada only seasons 1-3 were available and now stuck after hoping to do another binge watch

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad