Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
One last tank game to follow tonight.

What a ride it's been...

giphy.gif

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
The Jets still have 2 more regular season games plus the playoffs ;)

Our other 1st could be anywhere from 22nd to 32nd.

I'm so sick of following their draft position, mainly because they never lose right now. But still hoping for 22nd overall.

BTW Pronman dropped his recent rankings

Now this is not how he thinks the draft will play out, we will get that later and it will be pretty accurate.

1. Celebrini
6. Catton
8. Demidov
10. Helenius
11. Lindstrom
12. Sennecke
14. Eiserman
15. Iginla
The dream is to get two of those players. One with our first, and the other by using Barron/Struble/Harris to move up with the Jets pick.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
5th or 6th overall - all good, we will get a very good FORWARD with that.

But I'll cheer for Arizona none the less. I do believe it is better to pick earlier - but regardless there's also a lottery.

Why I want 5th: We have slightly better odds of getting a Stanley Cup-level leader, something we haven't had since Patrick Roy and Lafleur.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Oil can still gain home ice advantage over a few teams should they meet in later rounds. They're not just worried about the first round. They're thinking about their road to the cup.
I just looked at them not being able to catchVancouver, so yes right you are. Still hope they ease up a bit

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
I just looked at them not being able to catchVancouver, so yes right you are. Still hope they ease up a bit
Teams don't seem to worry about later rounds. Boston presumably tanked to play Toronto. No effort whatsoever in the last few games. Edmonton should rest all their stars and not risk injury AND let the Coyotes go out a winner.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Teams don't seem to worry about later rounds. Boston presumably tanked to play Toronto. No effort whatsoever in the last few games. Edmonton should rest all their stars and not risk injury AND let the Coyotes go out a winner.
Agreed lol

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
The Price, PK, Patches core wasn't shit though.

Who knows what we have, the only thing we can say is that sine 2008 the Habs have failed terribly at drafting and development. Now we have to wait and see how things go in the coming years to see if the moves they have been making and will make are the right ones or not.

Hughes is in a f***ing great spot though going forward. 24 picks in the next 2 drafts, tons of D and goalie prospects/young players, over 8M in cap space plus Price's cap and the following summer almost 48M in cap space with Price's contract. What he does in the next 2-3 years will likely be huge as the Habs have a ton of holes to fill if they want to be a contender.
without getting into it too deeply, what we had back then pales far more in comparison to what we have now.

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
Couldn't find anything but I believe tonight's game has no impact on playoff seeding so from Edmonton's perspective, this is an exhibition game. I would hope (haha) the Oilers are resting players, also since this is a road game.
It would be wise to rest them. I mean it will benefit them and...the Habs :naughty:

Reactions: sandviper

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
The only thing that limits the Habs is not scouting properly and/or selecting the wrong player at whatever slot they land.

I agree with this in principle, ofcourse they have to make the best pick they can with wherever they land. But landing a better pick helps to insure they get the guy they want after doing all their proper scouting.

It's just better to have more options. It would suck that after doing all their due dilligence the guy they really wanted was picked just before them due to the habs dropping down in the draft order.

That's all their saying. Go Yotes!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 417
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad