HF Habs: The official 2023-2024 tank thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
We'll back in 7th tomorrow: Ottawa is playing back-to-back and bound to lose. Habs just beat one of the top teams, Colorado LOL. We be trollin'!

We host the Flyers. We always suck at home after a road trip. The Sens are hosting Chicago. I think they can go back-to-back wins here. It would move them 2 pts ahead same gp.

Coyotes are at home themselves. They host Nashville who have been on an absolute tear since ASB. I expect a loss there.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
It's also overkill. We'll just end up trading one of them for a forward down the road.
Question is, will that forward you trade for be better then the forward you would’ve drafted?

Maybe we draft Yak, then two picks later, Bettman steps up and says we have a trade to announce…..the Montreal Canadiens trade pick #Jets, pick #55 (AVS 2nd round), Justin Barron, Filip Mesar for Dylan Cozens, or Trevor Zegras.

One thing we can bank on is Kent Hughes is unpredictable as f***….guy can pull the biggest rabbits out of his hat!!

I would happily turn my back on Yak and laugh all the way to the bank with Catton in the system
I’d be very happy with Catton!!

Reactions: HabzSauce and LaP

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Y'a tu un game tonight? Es ou le GDT?

We host the Flyers. We always suck at home after a road trip. The Sens are hosting Chicago. I think they can go back-to-back wins here. It would move them 2 pts ahead same gp.

Coyotes are at home themselves. They host Nashville who have been on an absolute tear since ASB. I expect a loss there.
Sens beat Sabres last night. Chicago sucks so bad Sens have to win. Habs will prob be dog shit after a long road trip.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
The good thing about our schedule is 3 of our final 5 games are against Philly and Detroit x2, these are teams battling for final playoff spots so they will be must win games for them. Even the Islanders game should be tough as they still have a slim chance at the playoffs. The other game is against the Sens who usually have a late season push and give their fans hope that they'll be a playoff team the next year.

Much rather games like this than teams like Florida, Boston, NYR etc who might rest players the final couple games of the season.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
We haven't beat any of these teams this season.
They have all pretty much clinched and can coast in any game they choose to do so.
On the other hand they all enjoy playing at and feeding off the energy in The Bell Centre.

I'm guessing we get 2 points minimum 3 maximum. The law of averages says we win one or OTL two.

Reactions: Tyson

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
They have all pretty much clinched and can coast in any game they choose to do so.
On the other hand they all enjoy playing at and feeding off the energy in The Bell Centre.

I'm guessing we get 2 points minimum 3 maximum. The law of averages says we win one or OTL two.
Tonight I expect a loss based on that infamous "1st game back after a long road trip" syndrome.

Reactions: jaffy27 and Rapala

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Question is, will that forward you trade for be better then the forward you would’ve drafted?

Maybe we draft Yak, then two picks later, Bettman steps up and says we have a trade to announce…..the Montreal Canadiens trade pick #Jets, pick #55 (AVS 2nd round), Justin Barron, Filip Mesar for Dylan Cozens, or Trevor Zegras.

One thing we can bank on is Kent Hughes is unpredictable as f***….guy can pull the biggest rabbits out of his hat!!

I’d be very happy with Catton!!
I don't think that's the question to ask.

If the forward you draft is Chipchura and the forward you trade for is Benoit Brunet then the forward you trade for is better but keeping the pick was the right choice cause both players are easily acquireable on the UFA market.

At this point of our rebuild the question is can you trade for a bona fide top 6 player under the age of 28? If not keep the pick and hope you can draft one with the four 1st round picks you got in the next 2 years. People underestimate the chances to draft a top 6 with four picks in two years. The chances are very good specially since at least one of the pick will be high. Peopl write off Mesar way too quickly btw.

Reactions: jaffy27

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Tonight I expect a loss based on that infamous "1st game back after a long road trip" syndrome.
Yeah me too. The funny thing is coming off the road the two previous times it was our second game that stunk.
The first time was because it was the second game of a B2B so the syndrome didn't really have a chance to set in.
The second time was because well it was the Toronto Maple Leafs 'nuff said.

Reactions: Tyson

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
We face a team who absolutely has to win this thursday though.

Colorado did not show up to play.
Maybe they did and so did we.

Sometimes, you have to give the team and its coaches some credit. We haven’t played in over 40 one goal games because of the weather.

A mobile defence and good goaltending can cover up a lot of warts and holes in your line-up.

Reactions: HabzSauce
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad