HF Habs: The official 2023-2024 tank thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
That’s what I figured (have not looked it up for a few days). I’ll start reading prospect lists and watching vids then, assuming odds are teams also don’t move much in the lottery either. Lazy prospect hobbyist lol.

edit - craps, this dude on Sportsnet has a bunch of D up there in those spots… I’ll find lists where a giant right winger that looks like Slaf’s mirrored image is available at 6 and use my confirmation bias to validate it before being obstinate on here so I feel I belong.

The 2024 draft could be similar to the 2012 draft. I could see 5 D drafted in the top 10.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
I'm a huge tanker, but you missed a really good hockey game last night. This was one of those really good 2-1 games. Not sure if you remember the 2-1 win we had over the Leafs where Kovalchuk scored the OT winner off of a rebound of a Suzuki breakaway, but it was sort of like that.

One of the things that made this game so exciting was how skilled and good the Avs were. They probably had more chances than us on the night. But there were many points when they'd dominate and pass the puck around like the Harlem Globtrotters and generate so many chances, only to be stoned by Montembault. But then we'd come back and have like 4 or 5 shifts in a row where each line was either keeping the puck deep and cycling to get chances or getting grade A chances on the counter attack. It was incredible hockey and our players had incredible fight, mixed with nice plays to create scoring chances, all while watching Makar, McKinnon, Rantenen and their crew was like watching the Globetrotters. It would have been nice if there were playoff implications on the line like the Toronto game I referenced. But from a pure hockey standpoint, it was a good one, imo.
How dare you find pleasure in the moment-to-moment activity of watching hockey. You’re so entitled.

The 2024 draft could be similar to the 2012 draft. I could see 5 D drafted in the top 10.
Do we see the habs trading down? Hard to imagine trading for 1oa.

Reactions: 26Mats

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
It'll be 6 d men in the top 10.

All of Levshunov, Dickinson, Silayev, Yakemchuk, Buium and Parekh are going top 10.
I'd think Catton will fall due to his size.

Who do you think the top 4 forwards will be:
Celebrini, Demidov, Lindstrom, and Eiserman?

Eiserman sounds like a 6 foot Cole Caufield. But many goal scorers are streaky, like Brock Boeser in Vancouver.

Reactions: jaffy27

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I'd think Catton will fall due to his size.

Who do you think the top 4 forwards will be:
Celebrini, Demidov, Lindstrom, and Eiserman?

Eiserman sounds like a 6 foot Cole Caufield. But many goal scorers are streaky, like Brock Boeser in Vancouver.

Top 4 defenseman will be Dickinson, Levshunov, Silayev and Yakemchuk.

Top 4 forwards are Celebrini, Demidov, Lindstrom, and I'd put Catton at 4, but I don't think there's a consenus on that, some people have Helenius or Eiserman ahead of him.

Reactions: jaffy27

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

Mesar biggest issues during his off-peak scoring droughts is he floats. When he brings the work ethic his skills flourish and he looks elite. When he kind of floats & wanders around looking bored, he doesn't. His mental game is his biggest hurdle: being prepared for games, focusing on each shift when playing, playing all 3 zones with equal determination. He tends to play with too much variation -> good shift, bad shift, great shift, good shift, good shift, etc. He needs consistency.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

Top 4 forwards are Celebrini, Demidov, Lindstrom, and I'd put Catton at 4, but I don't think there's a consenus on that, some people have Helenius or Eiserman ahead of him.
So we are likely getting one of those first 8…..ready to live with that!!

Reactions: Runner77

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
you go for bpa and that’s your asset even if redundant? I mean it makes sense even as a future trade chip; a lot of people really diss drafting for need… say a lhd is next bpa on your list…
Then you draft the LHD….I’d imagine at 6-7-8 Yakemchuk, Eiserman and Catton are all available….be hard to turn your back at the Yak given those options.

Imagine a RHD consisting of Mailloux, Reinbacher and Yak….mon dieu that’s NASTY!!!

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

I wasn't asking who they will be. That's hard to predict. Did you have the Russian D going 6th to Arizona last year?

I was asking who you have top 4 for forwards for us to draft, based on your viewing.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Why? What are you trying to argue about?
Simply responding to you. Clearly you didn't read the chain of replies.

Slaf is arguably playing at the highest level seen by a 19yr old European since Ovie & Malkin. That isn't outlandish even if one feels stronger that a few others sit ahead of him.

Not much to argue about really.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I wasn't asking who they will be. That's hard to predict. Did you have the Russian D going 6th to Arizona last year?

I was asking who you have top 4 for forwards for us to draft, based on your viewing.

I don't think anyone did, but it made sense when you heard how hard they were for Reinbacher.

And my top 4 forwards are Celebrini, Demidov, Lindstrom and Catton

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Just have to hope that 5 of them are not pick from 6 to 10

Very unlikely.

Fans love forwards.
Teams love defenseman.

If the defenseman are in the tier of their own, those teams are going to be happy to take them where they are.

You always see defenseman go higher than projected, rarely do you see them go lower than projected.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Last year I was more involved in the tank as we had a chance at a generational player which isn't the case this year.

However, those wins mean absolutely nothing. I don't want to hear the BS culture explanation. The number of backup goalies we played tell you how teams value us.

The only games in the last 2 years that mattered and had a significance, Habs went 0-4, 11 GF, 27 GA.

Reactions: habsfan891
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad