The Official 2017/18 Tank Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster

Well folks, it's a coach's second year in the great city of Ottawa so we should have seen this coming. This team isn't making the playoffs, and as it stands we are in the bottom 5 in the league standings and continuing to fall.

Our GM is #AllIn4Dahlin. Playing 6D inter-dimensional chess he managed to trade our #1 Center for for some expired meatloaf. Genius really.

However, the caveat is of course that we should, nay we MUST finish bad enough to get a top 10 pick.

If there has ever been a crucial tank, this is it. Just sucking bad enough to miss isn't an option this year.

Let's go guys. Let's be #AllIn4Dahlin

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
I knew the thread was coming, and it was even more depressing seeing it appear than I thought it would be.

Arkantoss

Mar 2, 2016
whats our trade bait if we go into the trade deadline as sellers? i feel like we have quite a few contracts teams aren't gonna want.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Thread is a bit premature. Team is heading in the right direction though
Yeah, counter clockwise.

HTTP3N0cmVhbTEuZ2lmc291cC5jb20vdmlldzIvMzk5OTM1OS9mbHVzaGluZy1tb25leS1vLmdpZgloglog.gif

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016
We need a forward more. Is Svechnikov supposed to be an elite player relatively soon?

Well if we load up on elite assets in one position (Chabot, Dahlin???) we can ship one out as part of a package to get a truly elite forward (note the truly elite part for the people not a fan of Dorion and his trades). AKA the Nashville Predators way of doing business. Kind of why in hindsight I wish we would have taken Charlie McAvoy over Logan Brown. Ah well.

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016
Only for one year though. Get him the Jack Adams year one, then we can blame him and ****can him year two only to find some other poor sucker who wants their career ruined by our **** team. Rinse and repeat.

Pretty much. It even shows how valuable and coveted jobs are in this league that Boudreau wanted to be a coach for this club given our graveyard reputation.

Reactions: Chip Chipperson

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
You'll become an official member of this thread after our western road trip. I'll keep a spot warm for you.

It's not like I'm feeling positive about the team myself, but having an "official" tank thread in November is ridiculous no matter the situation.

david999

Jan 21, 2011
Tanking might be the only reasonable thing to do if this terrible play continues. Be prepared though for another 5000 seats to be tarpped off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad