The Official 2014 FIFA World Cup of Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
By my math that's approximately 731 pounds

Haha... I changed it in the original for that exact reason!

I have seen him listed at 220lbs-230lbs... monster.

He would be considered big in the NHL... never mind football where most players are twigs for their heights.

I believe those previous figures are closer to reality than we might think. :laugh:

UKFlyers

Dec 28, 2011
I saw him play for West Brom vs Man City and was ~5ft from him...

he is bigger than any footballer I have ever seen.

6'3 and 220-230lbs is ridiculous (seen him listed at 100kg to 105kg)... and he is rapid as well.

Didn't realise he was that big. I always had Toure down as the biggest I've seen. I think with Toure, maybe it's because he's surrounded by smaller players in midfield and because he's good with the ball at his feet. Toure's freaky, I've never seen a player like him. Lukaku though is an excellent physical forward. Why Chelsea are so unwilling to give him a chance is beyond me. He could easily be a dominant striker for the next 10-15 with his physique.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
If I were to describe the team right now, it would be "Everyone is a hopeless ****up except Howard."

Howard should be allowed to punch everyone in the face. So much slop.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
JdztlRD.jpg

Cool outfits

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Didn't realise he was that big. I always had Toure down as the biggest I've seen. I think with Toure, maybe it's because he's surrounded by smaller players in midfield and because he's good with the ball at his feet. Toure's freaky, I've never seen a player like him. Lukaku though is an excellent physical forward. Why Chelsea are so unwilling to give him a chance is beyond me. He could easily be a dominant striker for the next 10-15 with his physique.

Well Toure and Kompany were both playing when I saw Lukaku... it was just his shoulder size and girth that makes him look so monstrous... more like a rugby player build. Toure is massive though!

I remember thinking Kluivert was massive when I saw him in the flesh... but looking him up 6'2 and 190 aint that big. Maybe it was just his aura in the late 90's/early 00's!

And there he is.

Phileeguy

Sleep with one eye open tonight, bird.
Oct 7, 2010
Philly
Am I wrong, or did I see Bradley kick that right into a Belgian defender for a turnover that lead to that goal?

JVR21

Jan 27, 2010
Truth is, this US team sans Howard is brutal. Just painful to watch. No attack whatsoever, no offensive confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad