Prospect Info: The Official 2013 Draft Thread, Part III: 17th Overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
I just saw this picture posted on the hockey subreddit:
XWEFPoo.jpg

Probably just testing the live adjustments.

Or we acquired Dan Boyle. :sarcasm:

Emerica

May 29, 2010
Why would they choose our pick over any other? Why #17?

Who says it's the only test they did? It's only one picture. They probably made several other tests with other picks.

We'd already know by now if there was a deal made between SJ and Ottawa. Insiders would be all over it even before being approved by the NHL. Don't like being buzz killington but there's really nothing to get excited about here.

SENSational Sens Fan

Mar 21, 2010
Calgary
I just saw this picture posted on the hockey subreddit:
XWEFPoo.jpg

A little bit off topic, but why is the podium in the middle of the stage instead of the left side as it usually is? Wouldn't that obstruct the view of the player and the teams' management staff when they're up on stage? Unless they're being shifted somehow, but that would be awkward as well. :huh:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
When was the last time a trade was announced by the league before the media?

Testing the screen. Nothing more.

Yeah, besides, media certainly would have heard about the pic above and looked into it. You can all but Guarantee the site that shall not be named would have an E5 rumour if there wasn't absolute certainty that it was just a test.

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
Yeah, besides, media certainly would have heard about the pic above and looked into it. You can all but Guarantee the site that shall not be named would have an E5 rumour if there wasn't absolute certainty that it was just a test.

They didn't even look into it, because it's ridiculous.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Just think, 20 years ago (and 4 days), a flashy, goal-scoring QMJHL sensation was picked over a 6-5, skilled and nasty defenseman. The '93 draft was widely considered at the time to be one of the deepest in a decade, too.

Strange how eerily similar things are again. Not saying MacK will be a bust, but damn, it feels weird to look back and remember every single scout and fan having Daigle at #1 without question. It just shows, no matter how sure the scouts, fans, and teams are, the draft is never a sure thing.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
Just think, 20 years ago (and 4 days), a flashy, goal-scoring QMJHL sensation was picked over a 6-5, skilled and nasty defenseman. The '93 draft was widely considered at the time to be one of the deepest in a decade, too.

Strange how eerily similar things are again. Not saying MacK will be a bust, but damn, it feels weird to look back and remember every single scout and fan having Daigle at #1 without question. It just shows, no matter how sure the scouts, fans, and teams are, the draft is never a sure thing.

Never a sure thing but for the most part they've improved in certainty by assessing character, especially at the top. Daigle would have red flags all over him going through the draft now.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
I wouldn't bother with moving up.

It's a very deep draft. Probably the best since 2008. We'll get a good player at 17.

JackBauer

May 16, 2006
Ottawa, Ont.
Gare Joyce just said on twitter that Cowen + 17th + prospect would still not be enough to land Carolina's 1st pick.

TSN has talked about Toronto talking about Gardiner+21st for the 5th so how is the above package not enough? Am I overrating Cowen? I would think Cowen+17th is a better deal for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad