GDT: The Official 2013-2014 GDT Sign-Up Thread (Playoffs?!)

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
I'll still be in VT and busy until round two if we make it. I'll do some then. I apologize for not doing more the last couple months but things have been busy. More people really need to step up though, I did 10 this season and AstoDan did like a million. Can we get together as a board and really try and make sure all the playoff games are covered?

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
I'll still be in VT and busy until round two if we make it. I'll do some then. I apologize for not doing more the last couple months but things have been busy. More people really need to step up though, I did 10 this season and AstoDan did like a million. Can we get together as a board and really try and make sure all the playoff games are covered?

Don't forget about Barrie. You know how he likes to make threads.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Don't forget about Barrie. You know how he likes to make threads.

I will only jump in if nobody has one up by the time i wake up, which is usually around 7am pacific time lol.

And the threads suck compared to every one else lol.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
In order for our GDT to be posted on the main boards, it has to at least have projected lines and maybe a couple of links. Otherwise, the Kings' GDT will go up. Blech.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
In order for our GDT to be posted on the main boards, it has to at least have projected lines and maybe a couple of links. Otherwise, the Kings' GDT will go up. Blech.

If the pre game write up from nhl.com is the gdt would that count?

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
If the pre game write up from nhl.com is the gdt would that count?

Lines are a must. If you can cut the article down to a paragraph or two, and provide a link to it, maybe. On the main board, you really have to watch out for copyright stuff.

In the end, it's really a group call on what will go up if standards are an issue. Not entirely the call of the SJ mods.

Edit: To be clear, text GDTs are plenty fine. Just gotta have some content to appease the masses.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Lines are a must. If you can cut the article down to a paragraph or two, and provide a link to it, maybe. On the main board, you really have to watch out for copyright stuff.

In the end, it's really a group call on what will go up if standards are an issue. Not entirely the call of the SJ mods.

Edit: To be clear, text GDTs are plenty fine. Just gotta have some content to appease the masses.

If i do jump in and do one, one of the mods who knows where to find the line ups can edit it right?

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
I wish I could help, but I can't do graphics stuff at all.

I can post a line-up and a crap-ton of analytics if you want. Basically copy my stats thread into a GDT. It won't be pretty though.

One of you graphics wizards should make a template the rest of can use where we just update the content. Then more of us could participate without feeling totally inadequate :)

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I wish I could help, but I can't do graphics stuff at all.

I can post a line-up and a crap-ton of analytics if you want. Basically copy my stats thread into a GDT. It won't be pretty though.

One of you graphics wizards should make a template the rest of can use where we just update the content. Then more of us could participate without feeling totally inadequate :)

Thats a good idea, most have a basic version they use when they don't have the time for a themed one already.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
hmm maybe like a 1980's transformer cartoon theme? Or a GI Joe one?

Sounds like something I'd do.:laugh: Maybe when I get back from my residency.

Also, can we try to at least have fun photoshop gdts for the home games? Don't want to lose our rep as the most creative board, though after Slo's mathematical magnum opus I don't see there being much competition.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Sounds like something I'd do.:laugh: Maybe when I get back from my residency.

Also, can we try to at least have fun photoshop gdts for the home games? Don't want to lose our rep as the most creative board, though after Slo's mathematical magnum opus I don't see there being much competition.

photoshoppers need to step up then, because the only other 2 willing to do gdt's are me and hb and we both don't know how to do photoshopping.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
photoshoppers need to step up then, because the only other 2 willing to do gdt's are me and hb and we both don't know how to do photoshopping.

Yeah I'll be making a few when I get back as long as the Sharks keep winning. Honestly though, I had never photoshopped anything before I started posting on the boards, as long as its fun I don't think skill really matters. Leidi J's one with the baby pics was super cool, one of the best this year and I don't think she had done much photoshopping like that before.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Yeah I'll be making a few when I get back as long as the Sharks keep winning. Honestly though, I had never photoshopped anything before I started posting on the boards, as long as its fun I don't think skill really matters. Leidi J's one with the baby pics was super cool, one of the best this year and I don't think she had done much photoshopping like that before.

i once downloaded a program for it (when i once got criticized for criticizing that there was no more amazing gdt's this year) and well lets just say it was a trainwreck, my plain jane game previews looked better lol.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
i once downloaded a program for it (when i once got criticized for criticizing that there was no more amazing gdt's this year) and well lets just say it was a trainwreck, my plain jane game previews looked better lol.

That would make for an epic "Shorks" GDT then! Seriously.

I'll take Round 2's 1st home game if we get there. Don't mean to leave us hanging the rest of Round 1. I'm just a tad busy at work and want to put out the good stuff for the Playoffs.

I thought hb's GDT was more than acceptable. Hell, better than about 90% of ours this season. Quite a few people prefer the simpler look.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
That would make for an epic "Shorks" GDT then! Seriously.

I'll take Round 2's 1st home game if we get there. Don't mean to leave us hanging the rest of Round 1. I'm just a tad busy at work and want to put out the good stuff for the Playoffs.

I thought hb's GDT was more than acceptable. Hell, better than about 90% of ours this season. Quite a few people prefer the simpler look.

Thanks Slocal. I am happy to help when i can, that actually took me quite a while to do and this week is insane for me at work so I'm not likely to do another one until the 2nd round myself. I'll be on vacation from the 2nd-6th too.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
Thanks Slocal. I am happy to help when i can, that actually took me quite a while to do and this week is insane for me at work so I'm not likely to do another one until the 2nd round myself. I'll be on vacation from the 2nd-6th too.

I can only imagine how long that took. I hated dealing with tables when I was just posting avatars :laugh:

We could us another one of Fetus' In-n-Out Fat GDTs. That thing was hilarious!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad