The Office of Strategic Planning - Tank Talk 3.0

MNNumbers

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2011
I've lost track....what is the general take on draft picks 10-16? Is there a talent cliff in there somewhere?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I've lost track....what is the general take on draft picks 10-16? Is there a talent cliff in there somewhere?
Most feel that there is a drop off after 12-13.

Celebrini

Demidov
silayev
Dickinson
Levshunov
Catton
Buium
Eiserman
Lindstrom
Parekh
Helenius
Yakemchuk

Iginla?

A couple of teams will go off the board in the top 12 picks, I'm guessing, so that could mean you have a shot at at least one of the above players if picking 14-15.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Most feel that there is a drop off after 12-13.

Celebrini

Demidov
silayev
Dickinson
Levshunov
Catton
Buium
Eiserman
Lindstrom
Parekh
Helenius
Yakemchuk

Iginla?

A couple of teams will go off the board in the top 12 picks, I'm guessing, so that could mean you have a shot at at least one of the above players if picking 14-15.
I think Iginla, Chernyshov, Greentree, Sennecke are at least interesting picks, but would rather turn them into immediate scoring help.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Jiricek?

I'm a Greentree fan, myself.
I don’t have interest in Jiricek much but there seems to be some who like him. I just don’t think the ultra low production profile works out very often as a first round pick.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Like if you think he’s going to be a top 3 defenseman go for it, but I just think you can find good bottom half of the lineup defenders easily. Guys like Middleton

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
some mock drafts have tig as high as 7th so im thinking hes out. one ranking compared greentree to boldy however said he lacks skating which is a red flag to me. i really worry about injury prone so i would pass on jiricek.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
some mock drafts have tig as high as 7th so im thinking hes out. one ranking compared greentree to boldy however said he lacks skating which is a red flag to me. i really worry about injury prone so i would pass on jiricek.
Senneke is closer to Boldy for me. Greentree is highly skilled for a big guy but the skating is a real issue for him.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
I don’t have interest in Jiricek much but there seems to be some who like him. I just don’t think the ultra low production profile works out very often as a first round pick.
Stats are low but he plays in a men's league and his skills don't seem to be ones that will translate into a low-production d-man. He's smooth, he's active and attacks the puck. If anything, he seems to be more of a raw and toolsy d-man that could bust as he needs to work on his defensive side. Look at his point production against players his age as a 17-year old last year: 41 games, 29 points

Again, I need a few more watches of him but he's more raw than Parekh or Yakemchuk. But he's got really high potential.

Reactions: BagHead

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
So best case we go 1-4 and finish with the 12th selection. That would be ok.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Senneke is closer to Boldy for me. Greentree is highly skilled for a big guy but the skating is a real issue for him.
I like Sennecke, but is a real giraffe at this point, and will need a lot of time. I am not sure how smart of a game he has. I think Jason Robertson when I see Greentree. Has the same nice size, good/great hands, and high IQ that I saw with Robertson.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
I like Sennecke, but is a real giraffe at this point, and will need a lot of time. I am not sure how smart of a game he has. I think Jason Robertson when I see Greentree. Has the same nice size, good/great hands, and high IQ that I saw with Robertson.
Yeah I like both guys.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
To be fair, Boldy isn’t that great of a skater either.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Jersey win, Philly win, sabres win, det/pits 3 pt game/islanders win

Just need a kraken win for the perfect tank night
If we lose out, there’s a chance we could pick 9th. Buffalo & NJ both have more RWs than us, so they’d jump ahead of us if they win one more game.

Unfortunate that Seattle lost tonight though.

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
If we lose out, there’s a chance we could pick 9th. Buffalo & NJ both have more RWs than us, so they’d jump ahead of us if they win one more game.

Unfortunate that Seattle lost tonight though.

Wild are probably picking up at least one win from Sharks.

That final game against Seattle could be interesting from a tanking perspective.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Wild are probably picking up at least one win from Sharks.

That final game against Seattle could be interesting from a tanking perspective.
Hey they’ve beat the Blues & Seattle recently, so they’re on a heater.

Blues have actually lost twice to them in the past two weeks. Might cost them the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad