The Office of Strategic Planning - Tank Talk 3.0

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
5f6e419a-6791-46c6-9786-61aefd453c5f-png.389183

(Image courtesy of RossiSaveUs)

The Wild, led by stale cheerios and expired milk (Dean's favorite breakfast), and backstopped by a fish and a retired public transportation driver, are now 5-8-2, and Marco Rossi and Broccoli Faber can only do so much to stave off the storm clouds moving in over the fanbase. Winter is coming.

Top storylines:
  • Turns out trading Fiala was the TSN turning point for this franchise, they've only gotten worse since
  • The boys are 0-3 since trading Calen "1D" Addison to San Jose
  • Tank commander Evason is gearing up for his best performance yet
  • We can all look forward to trading guys like Foligno, Zuccarello and maybe Hartman at the deadline for futures
  • How bout that Rossi guy though

Discuss

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I'm not holding my breath for Celebrini or Eiserman (is he taboo around here now?), but who are some of the other top 5-10 prospects so we can start pinning all our hopes and dreams on them and come up with tank slogans for them?

You do realize that every year you make this thread, they fail to come even close to it, right?

#jinxthread
Third time's a charm I think

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I'm not holding my breath for Celebrini or Eiserman (is he taboo around here now?), but who are some of the other top 5-10 prospects so we can start pinning all our hopes and dreams on them and come up with tank slogans for them?

Problem is that even if we picked in the top 5, our coach would bury him. No room with that locked in top line and a bottom 6 full of leadership.

Reactions: AKL

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

Nope. Was wildly unexpected that he would even consider Minnesota.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I want Dickinson, Catton or Demidov

Demidov is intriguing, I just wonder if the knee injury will be any kind of long term issue

Have to admit, unless the D we draft is a projected all situations 1D, I think I'd rather look at forwards. I'm preparing for Kaprizov to leave and I would love a star forward to replace him with. For one single time in my life I want to watch a first line full of legit first line players.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Demidov is intriguing, I just wonder if the knee injury will be any kind of long term issue

Have to admit, unless the D we draft is a projected all situations 1D, I think I'd rather look at forwards. I'm preparing for Kaprizov to leave and I would love a star forward to replace him with. For one single time in my life I want to watch a first line full of legit first line players.
Yeah I think Demidov probably ends up being a pretty similar caibler player to Kaprizov, maybe slightly worse, so he’d be a somewhat interesting swap and play. Outside of him and the top two guy, not sure how many forwards interest me. Catton looks like a potential Cooley type. Lindstrom feels like a potential bust to me.

Let’s trade Kap for #1.
If we can do that I would

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Yeah I think Demidov probably ends up being a pretty similar caibler player to Kaprizov, maybe slightly worse, so he’d be a somewhat interesting swap and play. Outside of him and the top two guy, not sure how many forwards interest me. Catton looks like a potential Cooley type. Lindstrom feels like a potential bust to me.

If we can do that I would

I haven't scouted this class much yet. I do like what I've read about Demidov and Catton. Silayev is super intriguing to me if only because he's absolutely massive but seems like he can still actually play. Levshunov too ever since I saw your posts in his prospect thread. I've read a couple things about Helenius that seem promising, and a couple things that are just kinda meh. There really don't seem to be a lot of good forward prospects at the top of the rankings so far.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
I haven't scouted this class much yet. I do like what I've read about Demidov and Catton. Silayev is super intriguing to me if only because he's absolutely massive but seems like he can still actually play. Levshunov too ever since I saw your posts in his prospect thread. I've read a couple things about Helenius that seem promising, and a couple things that are just kinda meh. There really don't seem to be a lot of good forward prospects at the top of the rankings so far.
I haven’t watched this class outside of highlights and have only read scouting reports really. Demidov is the guy that really pops off the screen that we could probably get at our pick. Dickinson looks like a beast imo though. 6’4, can skate and has skill. The question will be how much skill, but I think there’s potentially enough there to run a PP. Silayev is an interesting case. I’ve really grown to respect pronman’s work the last few years because I know he talks to a lot of NHL scouts, and he is super high on him. I’m just skeptical of a guy who wasn’t really in most peoples top 64 three months ago.

Helenius is interesting as well. Good skill and production but I don’t know how you have playoff success with a bunch of sub 6 foot centers. I could be persuaded to like him though.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
The stars are right, boys.

uGqtwtt.png

I'm gonna pretend the spiderthings represent +1% odds in the draft lottery and not just gnawing misery.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
If we are going to tank… then

Middleton —> 2nd
Merrill —> AHL
Dewar —> 4th
Lettieri —> AHL

Boldy-Rossi-Beckman
Kaprizov-Ek-Zucc
Johansson-Hartman-Gaudreau
Foligno-Walker-Maroon

Bacon-Broccoli
Lambos-Spurgeon
Hunt-Spacek
Bogo
Gogo

Jesper

Who knows, you might F around and find out this team is just better than the current one.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
The stars are right, boys.

uGqtwtt.png

I'm gonna pretend the spiderthings represent +1% odds in the draft lottery and not just gnawing misery.
Mmmmmwwaaaaahahahahah

If we are going to tank… then

Middleton —> 2nd
Merrill —> AHL
Dewar —> 4th
Lettieri —> AHL

Boldy-Rossi-Beckman
Kaprizov-Ek-Zucc
Johansson-Hartman-Gaudreau
Foligno-Walker-Maroon

Bacon-Broccoli
Lambos-Spurgeon
Hunt-Spacek
Bogo
Gogo

Jesper

Who knows, you might F around and find out this team is just better than the current one.
Personally think the position you’re putting the prospects in here would do more bad than good.

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
Suppose Guerin realizes the season is beyond salvaging, is there any merit in talking to Spurgeon or even Brodin to see if they'd entertain a trade to a contender?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00