OT: The Off-Topic Thread XVIII: Gif Party

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
If that would work I would be the liaison and do all the heavy lifting in that regard.

As much fun as it would be to do this kinda trip, I don't have the cash for it, and the GF would murder me for going off to Europe and not bringing her.
I still think it would be worth it :sarcasm:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Expensive, REALLY expensive.

So this really needs to be figured out. Say we are looking at a 750ml bottle of good tequila, how much would that cost? Because between Hox, Ace and I we would need like 100 of them for a week :sarcasm:

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
So this really needs to be figured out. Say we are looking at a 750ml bottle of good tequila, how much would that cost? Because between Hox, Ace and I we would need like 100 of them for a week :sarcasm:

Instead of Helsinki, take a plane to Tallinn, buy cheap alcohol there as much as you can and then enjoy a ferry trip to Helsinki :handclap:

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Well, if you are serious about this, accommodation in Eastern Finland (400 km from Helsinki) is free :nod:
WFWsik0.jpg

What are you some sort of Finnish cartel overlord Kahvi? :amazed:. I'm never going to own something that nice.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
What are you some sort of Finnish cartel overlord Kahvi? :amazed:. I'm never going to own something that nice.

Haha, thanks but I cant take credit for that place. My father was a really skilled craftsman, worked all his life with timber and woodworking, and after he had to retire some 35 years ago because of health problems he continued working on with maintaining our home and later on building that cottage. Our family wouldn't have that place if he hadn't spent countless of hours working on it.

Hey why is there a ladder onto the roof? :laugh:

Secret rooftop jacuzzi?

Required by the law here so that the chimney can be accessed and cleared by a designated professional every few years.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Instead of Helsinki, take a plane to Tallinn, buy cheap alcohol there as much as you can and then enjoy a ferry trip to Helsinki :handclap:
I'm sure we can figure something out.

Honestly, this idea really excites me and I am making a change in my life right away to save money anyways and because of that I would actually have the funds for such a trip if I maintain that change for a few extra months.

I'm totally in if at least a couple others are and you are serious about this Kahvi.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.

You guys need to convince the Flames media department somehow that documenting this trip would be nice PR, and get the Flames to sponsor you :laugh:
Brilliant idea!
If that would work I would be the liaison and do all the heavy lifting in that regard.

As much fun as it would be to do this kinda trip, I don't have the cash for it, and the GF would murder me for going off to Europe and not bringing her.
I'd be in a similar boat to be honest - but Mrs. Ace wouldn't want to go, she would just want me not to go... with a "bunch of people from teh internet"

I found a website that compared, and it's about $10 USD more than Canada for a bottle of Johnnie Walker red.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I found a website that compared, and it's about $10 USD more than Canada for a bottle of Johnnie Walker red.
Eh, I'd probably need no more than a single bottle anyways. I'm not that worried and if I was it appears you can bring 1L of spirits into Finland if you are 20 or older.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
I'm sure we can figure something out.

Honestly, this idea really excites me and I am making a change in my life right away to save money anyways and because of that I would actually have the funds for such a trip if I maintain that change for a few extra months.

I'm totally in if at least a couple others are and you are serious about this Kahvi.

I'm 100% serious. If you guys are crazy enough to travel to Finland, the least I can do is to offer a place to stay. Of course I have to check with my mother and brother to make sure they dont have planned any use for the cottage that weekenk etc.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
It would be awesome to go to Kippers hometown.

Pretty sure it's the other direction lol

"Bunch of Flames fan travel to Finland to see Kipper's hometown. Unfortunately they turn right instead of left in Helsinki, and end up in some cottage middle of nowhere.."

Somebody go pitch this to the Flames media guys, and ask $10,000 for plane tickets and videocamera :laugh:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I'm 100% serious. If you guys are crazy enough to travel to Finland, the least I can do is to offer a place to stay. Of course I have to check with my mother and brother to make sure they dont have planned any use for the cottage that weekenk etc.
The timing of this is actually ideal for me and would be a once in a lifetime opportunity. I am totally in. Now I just need another crazy ****er to travel with :laugh: UC, II... you guys don't have womenz tying you down, you in? :laugh:

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I'm not out I just have some selling to do. ;)

Price is bad but not terrible. It's about $43 cdn, for a litre. I'd expect about $30 for 750 ml here.
I've found flights for even cheaper than you had too, totally less than $1000 round trip. hotwire currently appears to have the best rates I can find (800-850 for Calgary to London roundtrip), then 155-165 for London to Helsinki roundtrip). This would have a 7-8 hour layover in London and I never looked at the layovers on the other flights.

I'm already booking 2 weeks off work to allow for this to happen regardless if it happens or not.

Otzelor

Nov 29, 2015
Hey guys, I need your advice towards Canadian Vodka (and Whisky) :)

So on the plane they had really cheap alcohol (compared to Austria atleast)

Can you tell me anything about those 4? Are they awful? If so I might just stick with Grey Goose vodka once I fly back home :D

Iceberg Vodka 20
Canadian classic v 19
New amsterdam v 22

Whisky: Crown Royal Maple 34

Prices are CAD for 1 Liter. Or would you recommend me going into this large LCBO store here in Toronto rather than buying stuff on the plane? (thinking it might break if I put it into my luggage during the Flight)

Looking forwards towards ur advice :)

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I have not tried any, but I do drink other flavors of Crown Royal. I usually drink CR Original or CR Black. I'm not into the fancy flavors of everything these days but Crown is a quality whiskey. It is not high end, but it's far from low end too.

Otzelor

Nov 29, 2015
Drink them all and see what you like.

Problem´s that I can only take 2L alcohol with >22% with me, otherwise it would be illegal since Canada is non EU:/

(can't test them on a plane and probably not in a LCBO store)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad