OT: The Off Topic Thread - Mod Warning Post #474

Status
Not open for further replies.

scryan

May 1, 2013
not to stereotype but if the glove fits.

speaking of gloves, did she have one on her left arm that went all the way up to her shoulder?

sometimes they substitute with a towel

OK again not to be racist...

But I used to work at a restaurant... And it was semi common to see Asian people come in and wear those cheap disposable gloves when they ate...

I was always SO confused. A concern for safety, fair enough... Is it overboard? You know what, YOUR safety is not MY call. I do think its WAY too much and that is why I don't do it... But if someone has a higher standard of personal safety then me... so be it.

BUT, that meal was handled first by a low paid prep guy, then buy a low paid cook. Then it sat on a counter for a while, then the waitress who has been handling other peoples payment all night (as well as everything else in the restaurant, from cleaning between table to using the restroom).
Now not that our sanitation was lacking.
We were a grade A restaurant, and in no danger of slipping.

But god damn, the weak link in that chain of sanitation is NOT the customers hands, especially if they wash up before eating. If washing your hands and using hand sanitiser directly before eating is not enough, it was over the second the food left the grill.

Jason Squirties

Apr 15, 2014
OK again not to be racist...

But I used to work at a restaurant... And it was semi common to see Asian people come in and wear those cheap disposable gloves when they ate...

I was always SO confused. A concern for safety, fair enough... Is it overboard? You know what, YOUR safety is not MY call. I do think its WAY too much and that is why I don't do it... But if someone has a higher standard of personal safety then me... so be it.

BUT, that meal was handled first by a low paid prep guy, then buy a low paid cook. Then it sat on a counter for a while, then the waitress who has been handling other peoples payment all night (as well as everything else in the restaurant, from cleaning between table to using the restroom).
Now not that our sanitation was lacking.
We were a grade A restaurant, and in no danger of slipping.

But god damn, the weak link in that chain of sanitation is NOT the customers hands, especially if they wash up before eating. If washing your hands and using hand sanitiser directly before eating is not enough, it was over the second the food left the grill.
:laugh: that is amazing. ive never seen it before though

Captain Mittens*

I have seen it. It is pretty awkward

I alos need to party with scryan sometimes. He ****ing cracks me up

riznat

Sponsor
Nov 19, 2005
Lake Tahoe
I always thought Asian's wore the masks and gloves in public because THEY were sick and it was out of respect of keeping their germs away from everyone else.

Jason Squirties

Apr 15, 2014
Are you talking about 4th street market or is there another location?

Speaking of 4th street market... mmmm Noodle Tramp's Khao Soi is so good.

http://s3-media1.fl.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/Ho60zeAgLAX-2TqW-wUoTA/o.jpg/IMG]

Speaking of fusion, had some indian pizza last time i was in Redmond for work - never seen that combo before.

[IMG]http://s3-media4.fl.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/9LRWkZL2Smlyqc8aj5aoKw/o.jpg

And speaking TO Squirties... I gave you the invite last night to come to the Kings/Ducks preseason game and see the place tomorrow night, thats 2 nights notice, how much mroe notice does a family man need?

that pizza makes a lot of sense.

if you said saturday(regardless of a game) id be there

Captain Mittens*

Riznat, did you ever get around to trying Chiva Torta? It is right by 4th street market

riznat

Sponsor
Nov 19, 2005
Lake Tahoe
Since im actually talking on here today... Anyone here play at Irvine Inline on Barranca? I play on Monday nights...

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
You know where I'll wear one of those masks? The Dr's office. Bunch of sick people coughing all over the place and they don't even provide them? Yeah. Makes perfect sense.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
So, I'm part of my girlfriend's fantasy hockey group with her, her mom, her dad, her brother and their friend. Right now we're going through a rough patch that seems to be rooted from her parent's disapproval of me. Her brother likes me which is why i was invited to the league, and i'm fighting like hell to keep her by my side.
What should I do about the my team?

When you marry the girl, you marry into the family too. You better ask yourself how many more tension-filled, disapproval-festering evenings you want in your future and presumably the future of your kids.

This .gif really is simultaneously hilarious and scary. Dude is lucky that thing didn't take his backpack or rip his face off while he was down. I read awhile ago that in India, they actually rent out sticks/rods as weapons for tourists to beat the monkeys off (huhhuhuhuhuh)...

I think the scariest part is that guy thought it was a cool thing to do to flip off a monkey.

Where is your office? I'm at red hill / MacArthur maybe a mile from Nate's corner

I'm on the corner of Bristol/Sunflower across for South Coast.

For anyone looking for fusion when it come to pizza, this place in Long Beach serves Thai Curry Pizza and gets rave reviews from locals. I've never tried it as I'm not one for curry but they have these bacon wrapped shrimp on skewers that I love ordering.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/deans-pizza-long-beach

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Ticketmaster can get ****ed. They charge a fee that's paired with the ticket price and then a Order Processing Fee at checkout. The fees cost almost the same as the ticket. Get bent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad