The off-season goalie megathread

BigBush*

That's it Murray, bend but don't break! And when another GM tries to lowball you, just reply "Do you want to miss out on the next Ben Bishop!" Two high picks it'll be

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Sabres have 25, 31, 51
Oilers have 16, 33, 57

Talbot is being interviewed by Oilers ... he is a UFA next year if unsigned, can't be signed till January.

Lehner gives cost certainty and is an RFA in 2 yrs

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Bet he's wishing he had an NTC right about now...
when he was asked about trade rumours this past season (i'm pretty sure it was this past season), he said he was happy that teams were interested in him

so for him it goes: sens treated me well > i get to go to a competitive team that really wants me

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
We want a high pick and a good young prospect
no wait
We also want you to take Greening or Legwand
no ok
We want 2 high picks

This is the narrative that's been created on this board. Not sure why we, with no knowledge of the behind the scenes, would believe that this is how things have gone. Their ideal return seems to be a top 6 forward, if that's not available, they may be prepared settle for two high picks. Not sure why this is an issue.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
This is the narrative that's been created on this board. Not sure why we, with no knowledge of the behind the scenes, would believe that this is how things have gone. Their ideal return seems to be a top 6 forward, if that's not available, they may be prepared settle for two high picks. Not sure why this is an issue.

Wow take a pill... no one said it was an issue

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
By No.1 pick he must mean Round 1. Neat.

Not stoked to see Lehner in the division.

Yeah excited about another pick for sure..

Will be tough though seeing both Lehner and Bishop in our division. I hope Murray insist on some type of premium because of that.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
So almost 24 hours later, we're going forward with:

Anderson
Hammond

O'Connor
Hogberg
Driedger
... and that's not including the possibility that we use a pick on a goalie today somewhere in the later rounds.

It's really not a bad position at all. We have top-tier goaltending now with Anderson, we have a primary "futures" guy with some pedigree in O'C and a secondary "futures" guy in Hogberg, and we have a wild card in Hammond.

We're in a good place.

Canadian Time

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
So almost 24 hours later, we're going forward with:

Anderson
Hammond

O'Connor
Hogberg
Driedger
... and that's not including the possibility that we use a pick on a goalie today somewhere in the later rounds.

It's really not a bad position at all. We have top-tier goaltending now with Anderson, we have a primary "futures" guy with some pedigree in O'C and a secondary "futures" guy in Hogberg, and we have a wild card in Hammond.

We're in a good place.

Absolutely they are in a good place. This outcome was pretty obvious as soon as Hammond and O'connor were signed. I don't get the angst at all, they traded Lehner, not Price.

Of course we will now have to endure new threads every time Lehner makes a save, that'll be fun.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
It's hilarious to me that Don Brennan insists on taking stupid contrarian positions on every Sens move/topic.

Well.. it doesn't surprise me that he's stupid..

Maybe he really believes that Lehner will turn out to be an elite goaltender, I don't think it is outside the realm of possibility. I don't see what is wrong with that. :shakehead

SenatorArmy*

We have a new goalie. Joel Daccord. 199the overall pick but we drafted him so he should be a Vezina candidate someday

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad