Player Discussion The Nuge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oil Dude

Jan 10, 2010
Alberta
Eberle had some good sequences in the third as did Pouliot.

RNH wilted badly.

Disagree 100%. Eberle was awful from opening of the playoffs till the last game. Plus RNH actually had the best scoring chance by going to the net....a place that Eberle is afraid to go to now.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Disagree 100%. Eberle was awful from opening of the playoffs till the last game. Plus RNH actually had the best scoring chance by going to the net....a place that Eberle is afraid to go to now.

Who cares about Eb's, RNH is brutal as well. Needs to go

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
RNH mishandled so many passes today. It's classic "gripping the stick too tight" stuff. Yes, he had some good chances.

Eberle wasn't bad tonight. Results weren't there from him in any way, but he at least he average over a hit per game throughout the playoffs, I guess.

Belieber

The Nuge is huge
Jun 23, 2016
vancouver
Looked like Mason Raymond trying to play center tonight. That's the final impression I'll take away from his season. I think he'd do better with some gritty players that go to the corners and the net, instead of that trash floater Eberle and useless pouliott.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Looked like Mason Raymond trying to play center tonight. That's the final impression I'll take away from his season. I think he'd do better with some gritty players that go to the corners and the net, instead of that trash floater Eberle and useless pouliott.

Such a crock of....he had Looch for half a season.

RNH doesn't help his wingers. His wingers are not his problem. Not by a mile. He has little creativity and wins no battles or FO's.

Blaming his wingers is the biggest cop out ever when justifying RNH as a player.

If it were just his wingers he wouldn't have been demoted to a 3rd line center several times this year. Our coaches aren't oblivious

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
I would not cry if we got rid of RNH this summer, but there really needs to be a replacement in line, otherwise it's pointless. But it's frustrating watching RNH year in and year out go out there and accomplish nothing. You know when he's out there on the ice they're not going to score a goal, and a lot of times the opposing team won't either, but yeah, zero offensive creativity. His game is the same as it has been for the last 3-4 years. He just doesn't seem to have a role in the NHL. He's not a typical shutdown center, but he's not someone who facilitates offense either. I would rather spend those $6M somewhere else, but easier said than done unfortunately.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I didn't mind his playoffs, but we once again badly needed a goal and both he and Eberle couldn't get it done. I'll leave it to Chia and McLellan's best judgement on whether or not he should/will be brought back.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
I didn't mind his playoffs, but we once again badly needed a goal and both he and Eberle couldn't get it done. I'll leave it to Chia and McLellan's best judgement on whether or not he should/will be brought back.

I can buy this. He had his moments but no points in the playoffs and a poor season. Time to go imo

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory

Obviously they won't/can't get rid of him without having a + replacement for him i.e. not just a lateral move, unless they have some magical replacement they see developing in-house. Eberle is out but Nuge still retains some value as a C (poor on F/O's, but overall he can be thrown against the top lines and still come out relatively alright).

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I would not cry if we got rid of RNH this summer, but there really needs to be a replacement in line, otherwise it's pointless. But it's frustrating watching RNH year in and year out go out there and accomplish nothing. You know when he's out there on the ice they're not going to score a goal, and a lot of times the opposing team won't either, but yeah, zero offensive creativity. His game is the same as it has been for the last 3-4 years. He just doesn't seem to have a role in the NHL. He's not a typical shutdown center, but he's not someone who facilitates offense either. I would rather spend those $6M somewhere else, but easier said than done unfortunately.

This series was incredibly weak for Nuge. He didn't look dangerous beyond a few rushes. His line was extremely consistent in the San Jose series but Getzlaf ate him for dinner in the first four games of this one.

The only positive I saw in the Anaheim series was after game 4 his face-offs improved substantially. But the rest of his game left a lot to be desired. I think his conditioning took a huge hit in this series to be honest. I wouldn't use it as an excuse but the fact he was a mile behind the play at times just shows me he wasn't prepared to go deep this season. Eberle too.

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada

See I don't really understand this. Why is his play acceptable? What exactly did he do. He was below average. 0 goals, 4 points, -3 in 13gp. That isn't something we should be happy about for a supposed "two way" guy getting paid 6m.

If this is what we are expecting out of RNH then that's truly disappointing.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
They got their chance but didnt do anything with it.. So long RNH and i hope you turn it around whereever you end up.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
See I don't really understand this. Why are you happy with his play? What exactly did he do. He was below average. 0 goals, 4 points, -3 in 13gp. That isn't something we should be happy about for a supposed "two way" guy getting paid 6m.

If this is what we are expecting out of RNH then that's truly disappointing.

He shut down Joe Pavelski. He scored four points in six games but three of them were in the 7-0 game where McDavid was matched up against him. If you let that guy score at will we probably don't escape the first round.

I don't give the kid too much credit though. He's got a lot of growing to do this summer. He was not at 100%. I expect him to come to camp in peak physical condition in September.

smackdaddy

x – Edmonton
Nov 24, 2006
B.C.
RNH didn't know how to drive a line or develop a play. Puck battles lost when he was inevitably driven to the boards on every shift he played. No grind, and he was afraid to battle.

The playoffs really opened my eyes to RNH. He is a smurf. No offensive instinct anymore, can't hold up against strong opponents and cannot win a faceoff to save his life.

But Eberle? Wow he was way worse. the book has been written and closed on him. Play Eberle strong and he folds. He falls to the ice on little cross checks and he gets rubbed out every time he brings the puck into the offensive zone. And if he drives it deep, good luck having him win a puck battle because he just loses position and loses the puck. Desharnais is 10 times the player he is.

No 2nd line is the reason we lost. So many pucks died on their sticks and such a liability.

Oilersfan93

Jun 22, 2016
Ya'll dont understand, why would another team want an Eberle after watching his performance in the playoffs? It's easier said than done. It will be extremely difficult for Chia-Pete to move him without retaining salaries and maybe get some 3rd or 4th line plugs or a draft pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad