The no negativity thread

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I'm hoping that Ottawa hits a few home runs from their list of prospects like Brown, White, Batherson, Formenton, Gustavsson or Hogberg, Wolanin, Chlapik, Luchuk, Jaros, Lajoie, Englund & the 4th or 22nd pick this yr. If half of these guys pan out that would be great & if a couple of them turn into elite players that would be even better. No one thought that Hoffman or Stone would turn into as good as they did so let's hope that a few of these guys turn into very good NHL players too.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
I am thinking we make the playoffs and as we will be a team trying to beat the odds again. Eff the BS negativity and the armchair GMs. PD will deliver before and at the draft and Austin Matthews will break his leg in opening night.

Craig Anderson will have his best year ever, Stone hits 80 points, and Chabot plays a Bobby Orr year!

Sorry for the negative tone in my positive post.

Reactions: swiftwin

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
If you take a look at what the roster is at the moment, it isn't nearly as bad as everyone is making it out to be. It certainly needs a lot of work, but Karlsson, Duchene, and Stone is a great core to build around, and I don't know many teams that can say their top 3 players are better than those 3. We have some very exciting prospects coming up in the system like Brown, White, Batherson, Formenton, Jaros, and will be adding to that list soon (hopefully with Zadina or Tkachuk, guys who can step in right away). Dzingel, Boedker, Pageau, Pyatt, Ceci, and Chabot are NHLers on any team. There's a lot of good pieces here, and luckily the really hard holes are all filled (1D, 1C, 1W). A retool would turn this team into a real threat, and I know a lot of people might not see that as possible with all the bad news lately, but I don't think it's as impossible, or even as hard as people are making it out to be.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I'm hoping that Ottawa hits a few home runs from their list of prospects like Brown, White, Batherson, Formenton, Gustavsson or Hogberg, Wolanin, Chlapik, Luchuk, Jaros, Lajoie, Englund & the 4th or 22nd pick this yr. If half of these guys pan out that would be great & if a couple of them turn into elite players that would be even better. No one thought that Hoffman or Stone would turn into as good as they did so let's hope that a few of these guys turn into very good NHL players too.
I did ;) Back when i knew nothing about prospects other than reading stat sheets his Q numbers looked like superstar numbers without context.

So did Pierre Dorion. I remember him singing his praises as a guy he thought would be a star for us for many years on sens tv type stuff. Said it many times.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Hahaha true that eh.

I look forward to the stigma being gone. I dont really like alcohol, but i like to smoke pot as my substance of choice. I face a lot of judgement still at softball, hockey, work, etc.

I’m glad they legalized it just so I don’t have to hear people bitch about how it’s not legal anymore.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I’m glad they legalized it just so I don’t have to hear people ***** about how it’s not legal anymore.
Ya fair enough. Its basically legal anyways, it was to the point of sillyness with how easy it was to get or just go get a prescription for it not to be legal.

I just order mine in the mail from BC, eazy peazy. I enjoy the choice as well, and not just buying the one kind you could find.

FlabJack

Dec 30, 2012
I guess there could be something positive in the fact that Boedker has played with Duvchene before? And that he's fast, so if they put him with Duchene and Dzingel that should atleast be an exciting line. And if the Sens maybe get to pick Zadina he could play with Stone and it could be real fun to see what he could be for this team? And maybe at 22 they get Serron Noel and he'll be a good, local guy who can spark the crowd and make Ceci work super hard by riding out to his house every day in the summer on his bike and working out with him? And maybe the Lebreton -situation will be resolved and by august we'll be hearing mostly news of how they've found buried treasure on the building site and the can afford to sign a notable free agent with all the gold coins?

Reactions: Hands of Stone

Coors19

Jul 18, 2011
Let the kids play!
Zadina-Duchene-Stone
Formenton- Brown- Boedker
Dzingle- White-Batherson
Chlapik-Pageau-Paajarvi/Pyatt

Watching the kids play would be at least fun and I would still watch every night!

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
So hopefully like stone and hoffman they develop these players properly. Ie Brown specifically they need to take their time with him. Lots and lots of natural talent but he needs to get stronger and faster.

I am excited about Batherson i think he will score at the NHL level.

Reactions: Cosmix

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
I went to school at Ottawa U from 96-98. Came as a fan of Messier and rooted for the Rangers as a result but soon became devoted to the Sens as they went on their first (of a few) miracle runs. If I'm not mistaken, they had the best record in the NHL for the second half of the 1996/97 season without a ton of talent. I was sure Zholtok would be a 50 point player, I loved him. Whoops. Students could often go to games for $15 (against teams like the Whalers, Islanders, etc) and it was awesome. I grew up in rural NS, and seeing NHL games was unbelievable to me. I didn't care who they played but I made sure to save up so I could see the Rangers (Messier, Gretzky), Penguins (Lemiuex, Jagr) and Flyers (Lindros, Legion of Doom) and Colorado (Forsberg, Sakic, etc). Expensive tickets but worth it.

I stayed up all night in line to get playoff tickets, had exams so couldn't see game three but got seats for game 4 against Buffalo (thinking of that series still breaks my heart... same for 2003... but this is positive thread only...). The crowd was freaking IN-SANE for those playoffs, completely bananas. Even before the players were on the ice we were giving them a standing O. The city was amazing, playoff fever... but more than usual because it was the first year for playoffs and it was completely unexpected. Game 4 was nerve wracking, we all thought Cunnyworth scored but it was disallowed... oh the emotions. I think we were robbed on that call but hard to tell in person.

Anyway, it went to OT 0-0 and then Alfie scored I thought I was going to hit the roof I jumped so high. First home playoff win in team history. It wasn't just loud, it was... incredible. I wish I could find highlights of that game.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
I forgot about that with Batherson, since he was drafted as an OA he can play in the AHL next year and will probably get time with the big club. He's my favourite prospect since Mark Stone so I can't wait!

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Thanks for this thread. The Hamburglar run was some sweet sweet magic... We just kept winning and winning and winning. We’ve had several seasons of success when we deserved it, and a finals appearance as well (and a missed chance due to the lockout, and olympics), but the Burger run, and the run two years ago were simply magic. We had no business slaying teams like we did, and yet the guys never gave up and we kept winning games in the clutch.

Pure joy as a Sens fan, and we were lucky enough to have two such runs in recent memory. Many teams in the league don’t have anything like that to have enjoyed ever, let alone multiple times recently.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
I miss the days when we were trolling the Habs in the playoffs. That was a fun series.
Those five fights at the same time still rank pretty high up on my 'list of moments seen live.' And the Pageau game. And, not as a celebration of injury but rather an appreciation of a series turning point, the Gryba hit on Eller. Such a good series as a Sens fan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad