The Nikolai slight overreaction thread

Is Goldobin the worst ”top 6” player in the NHL?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

shottasasa

Nov 16, 2011
Canada
So the guy that is producing most shot contributions, leading the team in Corsi, scoring at a decent top 6 clip, all while improving his defence year on year, is somehow being considered for the title of the “worst top 6 player in the NHL”? Do people have unrealistic ideas of what a top 6 player in the NHL is?

Please tell me that this is a joke and I’m too tired to have noticed.

He’s got the best offensive creativity, vision and passing on the team outside of Pettersson, he has been helping Pettersson, not hindering him.

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
So the guy that is producing most shot contributions, leading the team in Corsi, scoring at a decent top 6 clip, all while improving his defence year on year, is somehow being considered for the title of the “worst top 6 player in the NHL”? Do people have unrealistic ideas of what a top 6 player in the NHL is?

Please tell me that this is a joke and I’m too tired to have noticed.

He’s got the best offensive creativity, vision and passing on the team outside of Pettersson, he has been helping Pettersson, not hindering him.

4 goals:laugh:

you're welcome Elias

shottasasa

Nov 16, 2011
Canada

you're welcome Elias
And 11 assists. Again, leading the team in shot contributions seems to be missing in everyone’s hot takes. He’s the only one on this team outside of Boeser or Horvat capable of playing on the same wavelength as Pettersson.

pettersson

Oct 8, 2018

you're welcome Elias
That's one more than Henrik had the entire season last year. Again, you do not have to score goals to be in the top 6 (hell, one of the best top 6 in the league has little as a 2c), but this point is moot because Goldobin can score goals... We just have to be patient with his development.

People forget that this guy came into this season with 50ish games, this would be his first full season and he was thrown in with top 6 minutes and much more difficult opposition now (hence the Pettersson slump)

I can't believe we are even critisizing the guy who's put up the most points during our slump.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
There are probably worse "top 6" players on our team let alone in the NHL. This is not an endorsement as to how great he is though, he's not. Skilled, sure...smart? Not so sure.

Reactions: xtra

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I mean, Schaller and Motte have played in our top 6. I think Goldobin is getting a bit overrated but he’s clearly better than those 2.

rocketchu

Mar 22, 2017
Vastly overrated by many fans/media, who seem to get blinded by his secondary PP assists and his corsi generating muffin flips at the net, but worst in the league is going too far. His own agent says he needs to change his blade pattern, as he can't handle the puck, yet the posts on how "skilled" he is keep coming. I do find the optimism very refreshing but also baffling. He can pass the puck, when he has time and space and has been able to receive a pass, but that is really the only above average element to his game. Has a great smile though so there is that.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Coincidently 25 games in his point accumulation has been pretty consistent and he's on pace to easily beat Sven Baerstchi's career high point totals.

rocketchu

Mar 22, 2017
Probably a more useful option in top 6 than 77 but, just like 77, he has no place being there. At least 64
can be useful down the lineup.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Goldobin's #1 weakness as a top 6 winger is the inability to finish. Goal scoring should be every wingers main priority. You get into an open area and score. Unless if you are some puck wizard driving play like Marner.

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
That's one more than Henrik had the entire season last year. Again, you do not have to score goals to be in the top 6 (hell, one of the best top 6 in the league has little as a 2c), but this point is moot because Goldobin can score goals... We just have to be patient with his development.

People forget that this guy came into this season with 50ish games, this would be his first full season and he was thrown in with top 6 minutes and much more difficult opposition now (hence the Pettersson slump)

I can't believe we are even critisizing the guy who's put up the most points during our slump.

I stopped reading when you compared Henrik Sedins goal totals to Goldobins lmao

Goldobin is a dime a dozen one way winger that had his career saved this year by being the only skilled winger available to play with Pettersson

Reactions: The Brodatype

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
And 11 assists. Again, leading the team in shot contributions seems to be missing in everyone’s hot takes. He’s the only one on this team outside of Boeser or Horvat capable of playing on the same wavelength as Pettersson.
Says more about this roster than it does about Goldobin

pettersson

Oct 8, 2018
I stopped reading when you compared Henrik Sedins goal totals to Goldobins lmao

Goldobin is a dime a dozen one way winger that had his career saved this year by being the only skilled winger available to play with Pettersson
Don't be dense. I am not comparing the players, I am comparing the situation of goldy only having 3 goals but he's putting up assists.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad