Boston Globe The NHL reportedly asked the Bruins to tell Brad Marchand to quit licking people - Update: Not True!

Otherworld

Oct 26, 2016
Brad still gets the attention..... NHL take care of real issues and stop bending over backwards for trivial complaints such as this.

It was funny as hell ...... I have to admit.

:snide::snide::snide::snide::snide:

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
So, I bet they make licking a penalty next season. I can't wait for the refs call at the table.

Does he lick his arm? Does he lick the other ref or a linesman?

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
GP: Oh hey, Donny. George here. Got a second?
DS: Sure George, what's up.
GP: Ahhh, kind of awkward thing here. Um.. well. Oh Jesus, Donny it's this Marchand thing with Komarov. Couple of the guys here are uptight about it.
DS: What thing?
GP: You know.
DS: No, seriously George. What's on your mind?
GP: You're going to make me say it, aren't you?
DS: What "it"?
GP: Oh for the love of God, the licking Donny. The licking.
DS: What about it? Besides, it's not really a player safety thing is it George?
GP: It's .... it's not right.... just not right. Guys don't do that. Lou Lam's gonna have a stroke. It's ...... it's.... well it's just GAY. That's what it is, Donny. It's just gay.
DS: I think it's kind of cute. Komarov doesn't seem to mind.
GP: He needs to stop it.
DS: Why?
GP: Because he just does. That movie bulls**t about no crying in baseball is just Hollywood bulls**t. But there's no fu**ing licking in Hockey, Donny. Tell him to knock that s**t off. Now.
DS: Ha ha, OK George, we'll talk to him. And hey, that suit you were wearing the other night looked great. Couple of the guys were saying you looked FIT. Sexy George Parros they say..... ha ha ha.
GP: Knock it off Donny. That's not funny -- not even a little bit.
DS: See you George. Nice talking with you.
GP: I hate this job.

MtlBoxFan

Jun 19, 2014
Never touched him with his tongue only made the motion
You're not the least bit embarrassed that your whole validation here is whether or not Marchand's tongue touched Komarov's face? This is Terry O'Reilly's team? The big bad Bruins are necking opponents? Nuh uh.
Marchand, has actually done this a few times to Komarov...it's really weird.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
You're not the least bit embarrassed that your whole validation here is whether or not Marchand's tongue touched Komarov's face? This is Terry O'Reilly's team? The big bad Bruins are necking opponents? Nuh uh.
It's funny, because even Komarov doesn't give a f*** and joked about it, but for some reason every fan in the NHL cares about it.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
Why in the hell would I be embarrassed, I was never embarrassed with the antics of Ken Linsman, Nevin Markwart and so on. Marchand is a star player who marches to his own drum, the drum that got him to the NHL and to a top three LW in the NHL. The day I become embarrassed by something a player on a team I cheer for does, I will stop watching hockey.

Reactions: HockeyMomx2

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011

I'd be more embarrassed by the tire fire in your own backyard than what is happening on your arch rival team that is heading to the ECSF. You really should go back to your own board and bitch about your incompetent management, and leave the Bruins board to those of us still watching meaningful hockey games.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA

Lost?

I love Marchand doing anything to agitate opponents if it's not getting himself suspended.

Reactions: Strafer

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com

I'm okay. You seem upset though. Why is that?

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
On 98.5 today Cassidy spoke about the incident in a matter of fact way. He laughed about it but never said that it was false. Wish I could remember the wording but he was amused by the whole subject. I don't know what to believe but I guess if it was Eliot Friedman who originally reported it, it's probably not worth believing.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I would also love to know where the league wide outrage was years back when this happened:

GoodnaturedUnfitAlbertosaurus-max-1mb.gif

Thought it was hilarious then, still think it was today.

Reactions: HockeyMomx2

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
It's humorous and even Cassidy was amused, but let's watch and see if it happens again in an obvious manner...will he called for unsportsmanlike conduct?

If so, there will be a lot of whining here, and in part that's understandable when the overall issue is so silly.

HOWEVER, 2 minutes is 2 minutes. Forewarned is forearmed.

Don't f*** around, 63! There are other ways to be an obnoxious but lovable rat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad