the next sidney in waiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

gb701

Feb 21, 2003
Visit site
Crosbyfan said:
Brule 17? Sid will be 16 1/2 next month.

I am not sure of your point since the only comment I was making was in response to a prior post that Brule could be the "next" Crosby - are we saying the same thing.

Having said that, I find that this counting of months for ages is just plain silly - like much of the rest of this hype crap. While it may be marginally relevant to the NHL draft whether a player is 4 months older or younger than another, it is not going to make one bit of difference the next day, or to when they are ready to play in the league, or to their performance once they are in the league (if they ever get there).

At this point, Crosby as an 87 is draft elegible in 2005. That is about the only relevant his age has anymore - he has already proven he can play with and excell against older players.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
gb701 said:
I am not sure of your point since the only comment I was making was in response to a prior post that Brule could be the "next" Crosby - are we saying the same thing.

Having said that, I find that this counting of months for ages is just plain silly - like much of the rest of this hype crap. While it may be marginally relevant to the NHL draft whether a player is 4 months older or younger than another, it is not going to make one bit of difference the next day, or to when they are ready to play in the league, or to their performance once they are in the league (if they ever get there).

At this point, Crosby as an 87 is draft elegible in 2005. That is about the only relevant his age has anymore - he has already proven he can play with and excell against older players.

So are you saying 4 months may be "marginally" relevant at 18 come draft time but double that ( roughly 8 months in this case) is of "silly" relevance at 16 or 17? If you always focus on the draft year (which is arbitrary) and not the true age (which is relevant) you can get pretty skewed "predictions" on that alone (predictions was what this thread was all about). Other factors are important of course but they're much more subjective and if your equally sloppy with them then you can't even give an educated guess as to potentials for players. Which of course is fine if this is just for fun which it is in my case, I just like to try to be somewhat accurate with stuff I see as relevant (when it suits me, of course) and otherwise enjoy the "hype crap".

As to the first part I agree with you, we are saying "roughly" the same thing.

Last edited:

4shelley4

Dec 10, 2003
Chtown-PEI
hi

A good example of good older rookies...is Ryder. He's playing amazing for the Habs this year and I think he will just get better. Maybe 35+ goals and 90pts some year.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
4shelley4 said:
A good example of good older rookies...is Ryder. He's playing amazing for the Habs this year and I think he will just get better. Maybe 35+ goals and 90pts some year.

:lol:

Not in your wildest dreams will he ever get 90 points.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
So far we have some chick with x-ray vision as front runner to be the "Next Crosby". closely followed by Ryder, Brule, #766207632 at a sperm bank in Northern Ontario, and Uncle Phil's nephew.

Edit: Still watching Wayne Orr, but he' has to be considered a dark horse until he's 3 or 4.

Last edited:

BlackJack21

Nov 6, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
4shelley4 said:
Did you actually ever watch the kid play?

Ryder is a fantastic kid with will, energy, good skills, instinct and all...! but 90pts? :eek: It's a lot of pts...

It would have put him in the NHL top 5-7 in scoring in the last 7 season at least.

I think he could (not even sure) reach the 35 goals you expected in his carreer season, but no way he will ever come close of the 90pts range.

BTW I'm pretty sure Vlad have already seen the kid.

Still hopping you are right...

BJ21

BlackJack21

Nov 6, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
Crosbyfan said:
So far we have some chick with x-ray vision as front runner to be the "Next Crosby". closely followed by Ryder, Brule, #766207632 at a sperm bank in Northern Ontario, and Uncle Phil's nephew.

Edit: Still watching Wayne Orr, but he' has to be considered a dark horse until he's 3 or 4.

Dawm, you're right!!!

How come I just reply a post on Ryder in "The next Crosby" Thread???

I think we are going far from the original topic. :D

BJ21

TeamPlayer

Jan 11, 2003
Epsilon said:
What about Dustin Rose?

Isnt he 45 years old by now? I heard that they were going to intertwine his autobiography with the classic Urban Legends Movie part 22.

Trottier

Very Random
Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Visit site
Crosbyfan said:
So far we have some chick with x-ray vision as front runner to be the "Next Crosby". closely followed by Ryder, Brule, #766207632 at a sperm bank in Northern Ontario....

Correction, it's #766207633 at the sperm bank in N. Ontario. #766207632 is projected as a future manager at Tim Horton's. :p

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Trottier said:
Correction, it's #766207633 at the sperm bank in N. Ontario. #766207632 is projected as a future manager at Tim Horton's. :p

You obviously haven't seen this kid swim? If he gets a breakaway on the right net it just a matter of time and Gretzky's records are toast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad